Profile for Paul Johnson > Reviews

Content by Paul Johnson

Paul Johnson (Lichfield, Staffs, UK)

Giro G9 Men's Snow Helmet - Matt Black, Medium
Giro G9 Men's Snow Helmet - Matt Black, Medium
Offered by Edge & Wax - Bliss Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Helmet, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Giro G9 Men's Snow Helmet (Sports)
I can't fault this helmet. It's comfortable, adjustable, right price, looks great. It also arrived very promptly after purchasing. Why buy anything else?

Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor
Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS... it's OK, 18 April 2012
In summary, this product is just OK. Not bad, but not something you can rave about. It's the first GPS watch I've ever owned so had done a fair bit of research before purchasing. From this I knew it wasn't perfect (but neither was the competition), but was sure I could overcome any issues raised by previous buyers and learn to love it.

However, in all honesty I find it pretty frustrating. Using the bezel to navigate between menu's has been known to raise my blood pressure slightly, with it seeming to skip around to any menu/screen it wants except the one I'm trying to get to. This doesn't always happen but I'd say around 25% of the time. I also think the screens are not that logically set out, so if you do choose to buy be prepared to spend a fair amount of time wondering what the hell is going on.

The Garmin web access/watch-sync also took a few attempts to sort, but finally I seem to have overcome the demons.

On a plus side it's a good size, comfortable to wear, good price, and the data shown on the Garmin website is great. I would hope Garmin understand the issues regarding the unresponsive bezel, strange menu formats and look to improve in the future. In hindsight I would buy something else, but for now I'll continue the love/hate relationship I have with it.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX60EB-K Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
Offered by 123Electricals4Me
Price: 199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera - very happy, 29 Mar 2010
The problem buying anything like a new camera these days, is that there are so many different versions around, and everyone has an opinion... (and here's mine). Eventually after much research I took a punt on the Panasonic FX 60. I liked the look of it, and it seemed to have all the bells and whistles you could need.

Having used it for around a month now, it's been fantastic. Is it the best camera of its type out there? I have no idea, but you won't be dissapointed if you decide to buy..