Profile for Claire > Reviews

Content by Claire

Claire

40 Worlds Greatest Christmas Hits 2011 - The Only Xmas Hits Album You'll Ever Need

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely awful!, 8 Dec 2011
My own fault for not reading the reviews first, if I had I wouldnt have bought this tripe. Not sure how many arent the original artists, as I couldnt bear to listen. Please dont waste your money, and spend a few quid more on something with the real songs on. I only gave it one star as I had to give it some rating, its not even worth that. God awful! :(

Last Train To Memphis: The Rise of Elvis Presley
Last Train To Memphis: The Rise of Elvis Presley
by Peter Guralnick

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockin' Read!, 11 July 2011
This is an amazing book, charting the rise of Elvis from birth until
1958. Guralnick paints such an insight into Elvis' world, so that you really do feel as if you are watching from outside of the bubble, listening and watching all these amazing events unfold.
It also provides untold historical detail about Sun records, and all of the other acts that were evolving around the same time as Elvis. It made me realise just how out of the box Elvis was for his time, and how he shaped the future of music and rock n roll forever.

The King really shines through when reading, I couldnt put this book down, and cant recommend it enough. A must for not only Elvis lovers, but for all lovers of real music in general.