Profile for Damon > Reviews

Content by Damon

Damon

Page: 1 | 2
1Byone Easy Chime Wireless Doorbell Door Chime Kit With Sound and LED Flash 36 Melodies Tunes To Choose - Black- 1 Year Warranty
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 3 April 2015
Works very well. Not the nicest sounding chimes, rather tinny, but can't complain at this price. If your bell gets a lot of use you may want something a gentler on the ears. Having had nothing but trouble with my last (expensive) door bell I'm perfectly happy with this.

BRITA Marella XL Water Filter Jug, 3.5 L - Blue
BRITA Marella XL Water Filter Jug, 3.5 L - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value Large Capacity Filter Jug, 3 April 2015
Much better than the Elemaris XL that I had and leaked from the lid and spout. The Marella XL doesn't have the non slip base and handle or the 'Meter' indicator of the Elemaris XL, but I'm happy to live without them and have dry work tops. The capacity is just as big as the Elemaris if not bigger. The flip up top is easier for filling too.

Trixie Cat Litter Tray Mat, 37 √ -  45 cm, Anthracite
Trixie Cat Litter Tray Mat, 37 √ - 45 cm, Anthracite

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Works, 11 April 2014
Works brilliantly, excellent value. It was creased in packaging but soon smoothed out in use so it lays flat. Cats clawed it at first but no damage caused.

Trixie Espejo Scratching Post, 69 cm, Beige
Trixie Espejo Scratching Post, 69 cm, Beige

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 11 April 2014
Wobbles at the slightest touch. We've tried everything we can think of to modify it and make it sturdier to no avail. I wish we'd just returned it straight away.

Delia's Cakes
Delia's Cakes
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Delia's Cakes (Hardcover)
Really good looking book. I understand what some reviewers have said about the font colour and justification used for the ingredients lists. It does make them awkward to read but I found I got used to it quickly and had no problem in good light. At least Delia is now listing the ingredients in the order used, a big improvement on previous books. Every recipe has a photo which is great. Most important of all, every recipe I've tried so far has come out perfectly, I'm a bit of a cookbook junkie and know that you can't say that often. I've used some of her tins for recipes where I had nothing similar and they were also great. Good old Delia!

Delia Online Oblong Tin Liner
Delia Online Oblong Tin Liner
Offered by Colanders FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 18 Feb. 2014
Really good fit and very good quality, thicker than similar ones I've used before. Only drawback is the care instructions say not to cut on the liner, however some of Delia's recipes tell you to cut up the treats in the tin while warm. I used a rounded blade knife with care and got away with it. It's left marks but not scored the coating so far.

The Complete Cat
The Complete Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Complete Cat (Kindle Edition)
This is well written and very informative. Vicky Halls really seems to know her subject and offers plenty of sensible advice.

Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray / Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 43cm - White Tiger Pattern
Offered by The Pet Warehouse Company

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but huge!, 18 Feb. 2014
I had to return this because it was just too big. The measurements stated don't match the product. I'm not sure if they're meant to be internal or base measurements, the same ones are stated on the Catit website so not Amazon's fault. It's bigger than you'd think. I meant to note the actual size for this review but forgot, sorry!
Anyway I exchanged for the next size down and that's perfect. The design is the same so I can vouch for that. Only drawbacks are that the other one was distorted in transit and needed heating and bending so the flap door could swing freely (I didn't have that problem with this size). Also the kittens love chewing and clawing the filter. Solved that with a piece of thin card slightly larger than filter slotted in above. The curve left a gap for airflow but kept the filter out of sight and reach.

Canac Cat's Cradle, Standard
Canac Cat's Cradle, Standard

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Feb. 2014
So far so good, kittens love them. Bought two of these and much better than the Rosewood ones. This is a bit tricky to assemble and seems flimsy at first, but once it's on the radiator it's pretty solid. Not sure how they will cope once the kittens are fully grown. One of them weighs 3kg already and is going to be a bruiser so we'll see! I've just ordered the replacement covers so we have a spare set when washing them.
As a previous reviewer has said the standard size would fit most radiators even if the hooks need a little bending.

Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 39 cm, Blue
Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 39 cm, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but not in perfect condition, 18 Feb. 2014
No complaints about the design or build quality of this. However the plastic was distorted where the base had been inverted into the lid for storage and transport. This meant the flap door either didn't close or trapped a cat inside. I had already exchanged the larger one for this and couldn't face another so I used a hair dryer to warm the plastic and bend it back to somewhere near its original shape. Now works fine.
Both kittens took to it straight away. Only problem was the filter. Like other reviewers cats ours loved chewing and scratching the filter. We solved this by cutting a piece of thin card slightly larger than the filter and fitting it on top. The slight curve lets the air circulate and the kittens haven't touched it since. Not sure if the filter actually achieves anything anyway so may not replace it.

Page: 1 | 2