Profile for Hamstead > Reviews

Content by Hamstead

Hamstead (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Salad Love: How to Create a Lunchtime Salad, Every Weekday, in 20 Minutes or Less
by David Bez
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book already even though I've had it less ..., 2 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this book already even though I've had it less than a fortnight. I've tried out several of the salads from the recipes and they have all been brilliant - tasty, moreish and just right for lunch time eating. I'm fortunate to work from home and to have an allotment garden, so it's great going out, picking the produce when it's on the list and assembling up delicious salads. The front of the book explains the principles of assembling a salad so if you don't have the ingredients for one of the set recipes you have a base plan to invent your own. Even within the given recipes themselves, versatile alternatives are suggested. This book will join the rarefied few on my cookery bible shelf and I have already bought another copy as a gift. Highly recommended.

Three Chevrons Red: The Clares: a Marcher Dynasty in Wales, England and Ireland
Three Chevrons Red: The Clares: a Marcher Dynasty in Wales, England and Ireland
by Paul R. Davis
Price: 14.73

5.0 out of 5 stars How history should be written., 27 July 2014
This is an excellent reference work on the Clare family from origins to endings. It's packed with illustrations and photographs that give the reader a real sense of the families dwellings and domiciles. The family is explored in depth and it's good historical writing - scholarly without being emotive. The readers gets to make up his or her own mind and the author does not go off into flights of fancy (something I've noticed in certain biographies of medieval personages of late) The history of the period is clearly explained too and the family set in context. Recommended..

Melissa & Doug Verdie Chameleon Bubble Blower
Melissa & Doug Verdie Chameleon Bubble Blower
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bubbly fun - a big hit!, 27 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a fabulous little bubble blower for tinies. This one arrived the same morning as our 3.5yr old little visitor. She got the hang of it straight away and loved it to bits. It blows lots of lovely bubbles and is so much better than the ones you buy in newsagents with the pot and plastic dipper. It comes with a generous amount of bubble solution that will go a long way. Worth a fiver? Not exactly cheap, but I'd still say it's fair and within pocket money range. For the amount of fun our young one is having from it, I'd say it's value for money.

TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it., 27 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have this in the kitchen in a 3 spotlight lamp. It's bright, it works very well and it's so much cheaper to run - and safer. We shall continue to use this bulb and other types of LED throughout the house. They are already making a big contribution to lowering our electricity bills.

TCP LED E14 Small Edison Screw 5 Watt LED Candle, White
TCP LED E14 Small Edison Screw 5 Watt LED Candle, White
Price: 9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These LED lights are brilliant. They give off as good a light as the old style bulbs but use considerably less juice. I can't comment on the lifespan as yet because not enough time has passed, but having gone over to this type of bulb throughout the house, I can say that they are saving us real money on electricity bills and we are no longer having the lights trip out. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Galt Dr Miriam Baby Bath Set
Galt Dr Miriam Baby Bath Set
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for babies, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Galt Dr Miriam Baby Bath Set (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This a lovely bath toy for babies as they begin to explore the world around them and will last well into toddler hood. Both parents and babies will love the cute characters and it makes for great imaginative and discovery play at bathtime.

Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Price: 18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the bottle, 26 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our three terriers all enjoy this supplement to their food. Their coats are glossy, their eyes are bright, their energy is boundless! It's not all the result of the salmon oil; it's the result of a good all round diet, but this is an excellent supplement.

Ambi Toys  Max Pull Along
Ambi Toys Max Pull Along
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT
Price: 13.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely traditional toddler toy, 26 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a firm favourite basic older baby and toddler toy that all tinies and their slightly older siblings will enjoy. It encourages pretend play and is just right as a pull along friend. A great staple for the toybox.

Disney Cars Flip Out sofa
Disney Cars Flip Out sofa
Price: 31.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not big enough, 24 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was expecting something a bit more substantial than the item that arrived. Blowing it up wasn't easy but I guess your mileage will vary on that one. I am just amazed at how small it is. Our three year old (admittedly tall) is already too big for it. No way you'd get two of her sitting on it, and it's too flimsy to be a sleepover bed, although I suppose it might do for a nap. Bottom line - I expected more.

Love Is Like Oxygen
Love Is Like Oxygen
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit I missed, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Love Is Like Oxygen (MP3 Download)
Never bought this the first time it came around but now I have and it;s filled that gap in my music collection. What a shame Sweet didn't produce more like this. I was never that much of a fan of the glam-rock stuff, but this is pop for grown ups!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20