Profile for Hamstead > Reviews

Content by Hamstead

Hamstead (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
L'Oreal Paris True Match Blush - 5 g, Sandalwood Pink (Number 120)
L'Oreal Paris True Match Blush - 5 g, Sandalwood Pink (Number 120)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't quite been thought through, 5 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is beautifully presented with the blusher in the centre and two sides that open, one with a mirror and one containing a dinky little brush. The blusher itself is a good colour, goes on well and looks natural. BUT... the dinky little brush I mentioned is a total nonstarter, which is a shame. It's like a mini wallpaper brush to look at. It's a bit fiddly to hold and applies the blusher like stripes of warpaint! For this item to work, you will need a proper, fluffier blusher brush. So although the blusher itself is good and I like it, it's a triumph of neat packaging over common sense!

Go Stationery Coral Bloom A5 Large Flower Notebook - Lime
Go Stationery Coral Bloom A5 Large Flower Notebook - Lime

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely splash of colour and useful too., 1 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use these notebooks all the time to write back up notes in case the digital recorder goes wrong in interviews. I love the joyful cover on this one and the spiral binding is perfect for ease of turning the pages. Very useful.

Mitre Calcio Hyperseam Training Football - White/Black/Silver, Size 5
Mitre Calcio Hyperseam Training Football - White/Black/Silver, Size 5
Offered by Equipe-Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars The dog loves it!, 29 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good kick around football. It doesn't arrive blown up and you are not provided with the equipment to inflate it, so that is something to be aware of. We actually got it for the dog and he loves it. Despite being a destructor by nature he has yet to puncture it with his jaws, so the product definitely stands up well to abuse! When visitor's children are here, they have a good kick around, so all in all, a sturdy, versatile item.

L'Oréal Paris Cosmetics Colour Riche Eye Primer Base
L'Oréal Paris Cosmetics Colour Riche Eye Primer Base

4.0 out of 5 stars An extra for the makeup bag, 11 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What you get is a thick pencil not a compact. The pencil foundation strokes on fairly easily over the eyelid to make a base for eyeshadow. It is quite light in tone. It does help with keeping the eyeshadow looking fresh, but not to a wow extent I have to sasy. It's a useful addition to the makeup bag but I wouldn't add it as a 'must have.'

Sony NW-A25HN High Resolution Audio Walkman with Noise Cancelling - Black
Sony NW-A25HN High Resolution Audio Walkman with Noise Cancelling - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I want, 3 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't used this on the move as yet so can't report on that aspect but I've been using it as a static music player hooked up to a decent speaker system in a room in the house where I want to play my music but the wifi signal is never going to be good. It's working a treat and with 16 gig I have access to a great deal of music from my collection. From long ago I have a Sony one gigabyte and that was useful, but the 16 gig is much more versatile. The battery charge is brilliant. You're not constantly having to plug it in to charge as say on a mobile phone. I've had mine on the go (intermittently) for nearly a month now and it's still got plenty of life. Songs are easy to download onto it, I found no problem with that and sound quality is excellent.
I've found that for me, this is the ideal solution for playing my music offline and all in one place.

Liteway 10 W BC B22 GLS LED Bulb, 60 W Traditional Replacement, 806 Lumens - Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good., 29 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's not a great deal to say beyond that it's a light bulb with traditional fittings but LED technology. It does the job well and gives off a good light. It will hopefully last for a long time - too early to comment on its actual length of life at the moment - but from having used this type of bulb for a while now, I can say it is definitely energy saving. These bulbs also seem to be less volatile if there are power fluctuations on the grid. We've had far fewer trip incidents since installing these. Would recommend.

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream SPF15 - 30 ml, Light
Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream SPF15 - 30 ml, Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Recommended., 28 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually use a Boots tinted moisturiser but decided to give this a go. It's very good and compares well with my usual brand. It smooths on easily, gives good coverage without clogging the skin or clinging in the creases and makes an excellent light foundation base. It's not one of those obvious make ups where its obviously signalled you are wearing it. It looks natural but does even out skin tones, as it says. I would certainly buy this now to have among my makeup tools.

Angels Fall
Angels Fall

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed a lot, 25 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Angels Fall (Kindle Edition)
I always enjoy Nora Roberts' romantic suspense novels. The pace is swift, the characters strong, the backgrounds presented in beautiful, colourful detail to the reader without ever being wordy or slow.
The (usually two) obligatory hot love scenes between the hero and heroine I usually skip. I guess repetition with minor differences is part of the hard-wired human need that Roberts taps into very successfully, but the love scenes for every hero and heroine I now skip with a roll of the eyes and get back to the good stuff. Sometimes the heroes are very close to being jerks as well. Brody was better than some. When Roberts writes strong lead men, they sometimes come over as 'No means yes' abusers (uggh). Again, when that starts happening it's time to flip the pages.
I guessed whodunnit early on but watching how the rest of the cast found out was entertaining.
The above aside, I thought Angels Fall was an excellent curl up with a good book read. Nora Roberts is definitely an author with a strong presence on my bookshelf.

Windows 10 for Dummies Book + Online Videos Bundle
Windows 10 for Dummies Book + Online Videos Bundle
by Andy Rathbone

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the cover., 25 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are a long time Windows user in all its incarnations, you will find Windows 10 easy to get to grips with in the basics even without a manual. Took me a couple of days and I'm no whizz (hated Edge and Bing and went straight back to Chrome, but that's an incidental). However, this book goes into more detail in a very simple way and is reassuring in the basics. Even if you know the stuff, it's good to have it ticked and if you want to go slightly deeper, the facility is there and very well explained and easy to understand. It's a handy book to have on the shelf for information, quick reference and trouble shooting. If you want the really technical stuff or a lot more detail then you'll probably have to look elsewhere as it's not a catch all, but for what the average person needs, it'll do everything they want.
I haven't looked at the video bundle that comes with it because I haven't needed to and also I don't learn that way. I much prefer to read and digest away from a screen, but it may well suit others.

Maybelline Color  24 Hour Tattoo Number 75, 24K Gold
Maybelline Color 24 Hour Tattoo Number 75, 24K Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 18 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely, smooth sparkly gold eyeshadow. On its own it would be way too much, but just added as a dab and blended with other colours (which it does very easily) it's long lasting both in terms of staying power and time of useage. I'd certainly buy other colours in this range. Perfect for the season too, although I shall use this year round.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20