Profile for mr k j berry > Reviews

Content by mr k j berry

mr k j berry (Weston-s-Mare, North Somerset United Kingdom)

LIFTED ( OR THE STORY IS )
LIFTED ( OR THE STORY IS )
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite frankly......Astounding., 11 May 2003
This was the first Bright Eyes record I heard and I was simply blown away. For years I was ploughing my way through hours and hours of music, never realising that this was the album I was looking for. The lyrics are breathtaking and the music, though understated, is nothing short of epic (and not in a prog rock way!!!). A word of warning however. This album is not for easy listening and those music listeners who prefer not to think too much about their music should look away now, it takes a good few listens to really begin to appreciate Conor Oberst's lyrics. But when you do begin to recognise and understand the messages coming from these songs you'll understand why many people (myself included) believe this man to be the best song writer in the world today, perhaps the best ever. There can be no stand-out songs from an album where your favourite is usually the last one you heard, but if you want to try before you buy, then listen to "Lover I Don't Have to Love", "Lets Not S**t Ourselves" and "Bowl of Oranges" to get the full picture. Buy this album. You haven't lived until you've heard it.