Profile for T. J. Godfrey > Reviews

Content by T. J. Godfrey

T. J. Godfrey

Pebeo 1-Piece Pebeo Porcelaine 150 China Paint Fine Tip Marker, Anthracite Black,Anthracite Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 5 Nov. 2015
So good but ran out fairly quickly, please be careful using it as it can get messy

VELCRO Brand Stick On Tape, 20 mm x 1 m - White
VELCRO Brand Stick On Tape, 20 mm x 1 m - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be repurchasing, 5 Nov. 2015
Way better than command strips. I used this product for a DIY headboard that's foam with fabric on the front. Nothing would make it stick flat, and hold the weight due to the density, except this stuff.

Aroma Diffuser, Amir® 100ml Colorful Ultrasonic Humidifier Aroma Diffuser / Aromatherapy Essential oil Diffuser Cool Mist Humidifier for Home, Yoga, Office, Spa, Bedroom, Baby Room
Offered by Amir UK

5.0 out of 5 stars So worth the money, 5 Nov. 2015
Delightful. Packaged well, as described / pictured. Although was smaller than I expected but I liked that. Really easy to use, clean, very good product. And most importantly so relaxing! No regrets here, just hope it holds up for a while.

Moonar® 2014 New Ideal Super Ultra Thin Optical Wireless Mobile Mouse/Mice Slim Mouse Cordless Scrollwheel Computer PC Laptop Desktop Personal Computer Notebook Office and Home Mouse Candy Color and USB 2.4G Receiver (White)
Offered by TypeandColor

The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars This will change how you think, 20 Jan. 2014
I would highly recommend this book. I'd buy it again.

My mum & I are flirting vegans, and have been for a while. We haven't made too many recipes actually from the book, as a few ingredients are really awkward to buy, be it how available it is to us or how expensive it is.

For example, shoyu and mochi we did find in our local health food store but it was a bit more than we can afford for an addition to a meal (7 quid for a small pack of mochi). Umeboshi plums we found online for 8 quid a jar, so we didn't get those.. however we did find daikon at our local market for a quid, so be prepared to get creative.

I do struggle with how geared this book is to American stores, and American substitutes.

The information before the recipes is fascinating, and it's definitely a book that hasn't been put away on the shelves, but in terms of realistic cooking, I might be looking online for easier, simpler foods that are still vegan, like low fat, high veg content, Slow Cooker recipes.

My favourite thing we repeatedly have is a vegan breakfast, simple really, but I'd never think of having kale, grilled tomatoes, vegan bacon, baked beans and toast for my breakfast, but it's absolutely delicious.

Plus if you haven't looked, I also really recommend checking out the website. It's great.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Read it in 3 days, 20 Jan. 2014
So, I had no idea at all what this book was about.

I've been trying to get back into reading more, and I heard about this on Jim Chapman's youtube channel, and he seemed really excited to read it, so I looked it up.
I was in a mad kindle book buying session, mainly free ones, but decided to actually buy this for 2.50, and with 1k+ highly rated reviews I didn't even really look at the blurb, just went on a whim.

I was quite surprised it's quite a teenage book. I was sorta hoping for more.
It sorta reminds me of Judy Blume books, but maybe with a bit most gusto. It's a good read, though.
If you're umming and ahhing about buying this book and reading this, just get it. But make sure you have tissues.

In terms of plot, I dunno being british, unromantic or just a bit cynical, I found some parts kinda cringey and slightly unrealistic, like the pre-funeral, and some parts of the Amsterdam whirlwind just seemed... a bit glazed over. But I read it in three days. And I absolutely wept at the ending.

If you enjoyed this book, especially if you're a teenager or buying for a teenager, I highly recommend Lucas by Kevin Brooks. Easy read, good plot, and a similar sense of injustice.

ELPINE AUTOMATIC RICE COOKER 0.8L NON STICK WITH MEASURING CUP
ELPINE AUTOMATIC RICE COOKER 0.8L NON STICK WITH MEASURING CUP
Offered by Bargains Essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product, 9 Nov. 2013
It's very affordable, and very simple.

I love this product a lot, it's made dinner time so much easier.
I am also looking forward to trying alternative recipes in this like frittata or banana cake.

It takes under 20 minutes to make rice for me. It's easy to clean.

The only things that would make this product better would be if it came in other colors, if the design had a hole or a latch or something to pop the rice spatula thingy on the side or on the lid to keep surfaces tidy whilst you cook..

and lastly if this was a gift for an older person, I'd recommend making sure they know how to use it - by that I mean, I totally confused myself with it, my boyfriend would do it in seconds and it would take me ten minutes to just turn it on..

til I realised (not long after may I add) that I simply wasn't pushing hard enough on the little switch button, and it wasn't sticking.

I think my Nana would struggle unless she knew that.. probably think it was broken like I did.

But yes, this is a great product.

Ladies ARK Black Disco Leggings Shiny Nylon High Waisted BN Womens S:8-14 UK (14 UK)
Offered by Simply Chic Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great American Apparel Tricot Dupe, 9 Nov. 2013
I bought 5 pairs of these, and I didn't regret it.
They're not American Apparel quality but I haven't snagged them yet.
The size is quite snug, I'm a size 14-16, if you're a size 16 hoping they would stretch, I wouldn't recommend purchasing them.
They're opaque, they're practical and a staple to my wardrobe.
Do be careful with the dye, if you wear a pale colour it will rub off, I make sure I pop a vest top on underneath if I do that...

niceEshop(TM) Diamond Shape Plastic Cabinet Cupboard Drawer Pull Handle Door Knob
Offered by CZ-Sky [ships from HongKong]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 9 Nov. 2013
Affordable alternative to some I found on the highstreet.

They are small, but I really really like this product. They were a cheap way to add some detail to a simple piece and I would totally repurchase this for other projects. In fact I want to buy other pieces of furniture simply to get this product again.

I did break one when I was moving furniture about, but that's no testament to how weak or strong they are, I was just being a bit careless with the doors.. and I had plenty left over..

Thank you!