Profile for Richjenn13 > Reviews

MAKITA PLM4612 Petrol Lawn Mower - Self Propelled
MAKITA PLM4612 Petrol Lawn Mower - Self Propelled
Offered by Rochdale Re-Tool

1.0 out of 5 stars Steer clear at all costs!, 19 May 2014
Tried to buy the 4611 single speed - none available - "upgraded" to this "3 Speed" machine.

There's no 3 speed gearbox, just a torturous arrangement of pulleys that wear out the Drive belt in no time. Took 3 weeks to get another belt, Makita UK varying between apparently helpful but nothing coming, to plain obstructive.

2 mechanics and self all defeated in attempting to fit new belt.

No manuals available, Makita UK website doesn't acknowledge the existence of this machine, and it seems to have been deleted rather promptly by all retailers.

So I have a useless machine and clearly Makita don't give a monkeys.

Stick to a Honda or Hayter!!

Bah!

Humax HDR-1010S Freesat Freetime 1TB Receiver with Built-In Wi-Fi
Humax HDR-1010S Freesat Freetime 1TB Receiver with Built-In Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for Sky - glaring issue with UI, 6 Feb 2014
Seems a great unit, bar one baffling issue. I have no wish to trail through every possible channel when I am skimming, so selected my Favourites just as I have had on Sky for many years.

Then it appears that EVERY time I want to search through what's on, I can't just go to Favourites, I have to go into List, then into options toggle up/down to Favourites and from there go to them. I can't find any way of pinning Favourites option in List function.

Am i missing something [please tell me if it's me being thick!]?

If not, this is a real issue, as it impacts pretty much every time I use the box!?

Hmm....

Plush Soft Toy Panda by Dowman Soft Touch. 70cm in length. [Toy]
Plush Soft Toy Panda by Dowman Soft Touch. 70cm in length. [Toy]
Offered by Toypost

5.0 out of 5 stars What a cutie!!, 31 Jan 2014
Talk about gorgeous. 100% success. Should be provided on the NHS for stress and insomnia. Highly recommended. Would definitely buy again form Dowman

Sorbothane Full Strike Insoles - Red/Grey, Size 10
Sorbothane Full Strike Insoles - Red/Grey, Size 10
Offered by SDA-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 30 Mar 2013
Love these insoles - recommended to them by Osteopathic Surgeon many years back, and always use them - this is the best price I've ever seen, and came so fast I fell off my chair.

Protection
Protection

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute classic, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Protection (Audio CD)
Had this years ago, recalled it to be good, fell in love with Teardrop off Mezzanine, bought Protection and yes, THE massive Attack album [SO much better than Mezzanine!]
Came fast and in good condition.

100 Grip Seal Bags 3.5 x 4.5 Inch 200g Strong Reusable Zip Lock
100 Grip Seal Bags 3.5 x 4.5 Inch 200g Strong Reusable Zip Lock
Offered by Martins Deals

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 30 Mar 2013
So, seemed a good price, give it a go.
Strong? Re-useable? Maybe I got a bad batch, but these bags were practically impossible to zip lock - press too hard and the polythene bag came away from the zip, rendering the bag useless, press lighter, and they come open. Flimsy polythene, sadly nothing to recommend them.
Can anyone recommend a better buy?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 10:27 PM BST

Concierto de Aranjuez (arr. for flugelhorn): Concierto de Aranjuez: II. Adagio (arr. for flugelhorn)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the film version!, 3 Feb 2013
What a shame,

The film soundtrack has clearly been "tickled" to bring the horn out up front, like a true virtuoso mix - and I LOVE it!!

In this version, it almost disappears into the background as the full Band plays the theme.

Very nice, etc, but the hairs on the back of this neck failed to rise.

Can anyone point me to a download of the Brassed Off Soundtrack Album track - every time I search I get this "tamed" version?

Silverline SB08 Extra-Long Power Bit Set 9-Piece 150mm
Silverline SB08 Extra-Long Power Bit Set 9-Piece 150mm

1.0 out of 5 stars ok for a couple of jobs!, 16 Nov 2011
Sadly, quality abysmal. OK, price low, but I cannot find anything else similar but better quality - happily pay more, but where are the properly made alternatives?
It's such a shame so much cheap stuff like this is around, as I suspect it hits the market for decent stuff. So many rubbish tools that get thrown out cos they don't do the job.
Hmm...

Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads
Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads

4.0 out of 5 stars At last - someone has made a decent kneepad, 10 Jun 2011
Additional comment, 20 Oct 2011:

After several months use, I have to say these are holding up very well. They are proving to be so much superior to owt else I've used before.
Definitely a Must Buy.

After struggling with less than impressive and ocassionally rubbish knee pads, [especially Mr Irwins offerings, :( ]. what a good discovery.

Can't go for 5 star, cos they still haven't sorted the straps 100% - things still slip down, and the backs of the knees gets bl**ding sore after a while.

But lovely material, soft enough that you don't slip off joists etc, hard enough to protect against pretty much anything.

Completely different from any kneelers I've tried before, and what an improvement.

Despite 4 stars cos of reservations mentioned, I highly recommend these to anyone with dodgy knees. German technology at its most convincing!

Thermos Everyday Food Jar, Stainless Steel, 0.5 Litre
Thermos Everyday Food Jar, Stainless Steel, 0.5 Litre

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed!, 10 Jun 2011
Bought this flask because I need a flask with a proper lid [all those "pour through" stoppers drive me barmy, impossible to keep clean], and the cheap and cheerful ones I own have started to leak from lid seal.
So thought I'd go for Thermos cos has a proper plastic seal lid, and the "brand identity".

Arrived, evidently smaller than the 500ml flasks I have.
So I filled it with precisely 500ml, put the lid, it overflows.
Hmmm. So it's NOT actually 500ml capacity. Not a good start.
It says don't wash in dishwasher - fair enough - and to wash before using. So I washed it. Left to dry on drainer, when I went to use it the next day, sloshing water could be heard. ? ! There is a small [3mm?] hole in base, which allows water to get in, but not out! Base doesn't unscrew, so you have a flask designed for food that can only be washed suspended upside down over the sink ?! Nonsense!!!
So I drilled out the hole, emptied the water, and filled it with glue, so at least I could wash it in a washing up bowl.
Hmmmm again!.
Then, actually went to use the darn thing. Filled with coffee at 9.30 am. Went to drink coffee at 11 am - lukewarm.

Can't return it cos I drilled it to let out the water.
What a useless bit of kit.
Sorry Thermos, you really will have to try harder if you want people to pay a premium price - there are loads of cheap products out there, and so far they seem to do a better job than yours.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2011 10:10 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2