ARRAY(0xa174c5f4)

Killswitch Engage
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 16.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Older is better, 5 Feb 2008
This review is from: Killswitch Engage (Audio CD)
This is one of the KSE albums that featured Jesse before he left KSE and was replaced by Howard as the vocalist and it is immediately apparent that Jesse has more aggression and raw power in his voice for this style of music when listening to songs like Temple From The Within and Vide Infra. Personally I find the later KSE stuff somewhat frustrating to listen to as the faux operatic style of Howard begins to get on my nerves; he almost sounds to me like Kermit The Frog performing opera, badly.

If you like the heavier and more "brutal" KSE then you'd do well in investing in the albums that Jesse was vocalist on, this one included. This album is good but the real stand-out tracks from KSE's back catalogue (before Howard took over) are definitely on the album "Alive Or Just Breathing" and 2 of the 3 or 4 standout tracks on the self-titled album appear on AOJB anyway. It's just a shame that Jesse left as I feel KSE became more watered down since Howard joined.

Angry White Pyjamas: An Oxford Poet Trains with the Tokyo Riot Police
Angry White Pyjamas: An Oxford Poet Trains with the Tokyo Riot Police
by Robert Twigger

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, comical and inspiring, 16 April 2005
Having been leant this book by a friend of mine who studied Aikido for a year or so and, being a person that is fascinated by martial arts and an ex practitioner of Judo (a similar martial art) and currently doing kung fu, I was compelled to buy this book myself so that I may own my own copy of it. The book is compulsive reading and once you get into it it is hard to put down. The book is quite comical in places where Robert gets into all number of scrapes and acquires injuries, a Japanese girlfriend and must undertake a visit to the dreaded Japanese dentist!
As someone that has long been a fan of Japan and looking to visit there in the near future this book conjured up all kinds of imagery and ideas of what I might do when I do visit. The book inspired me through hard times during my degree to carry on and make the best of it. From the word go I was grabbed by this book and I have no doubt that martial arts fans and just casual readers will by hooked in exactly the same way. You are with Robert every step of the way through this book. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Iriver 20GB MP3 Player With Tuner And Direct Recording
Iriver 20GB MP3 Player With Tuner And Direct Recording

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best That Ever Did It, 19 Mar 2005
Well I've had my iRiver for about a year now and it's still doing the business. I spent a long time reading reviews about iPods and Creative Zen players etc and came to the conclusion that the iRiver was the one for me. I think people buying iPods buy them not for musical quality but for the status symbol and for the sake of having one. I've let my friends with iPods use my iRiver and all of them have conceded that it has better sound quality and battery life (the two things I was most concerned about when looking for an MP3 player).
iRiver have made a stand-out product amongst a sea of similar efforts here and with their latest models now on the shelves (one of which my friend just purchased and would also highly recommend) it looks like their audio dominance is set to continue. My recommendation would be not to bow to consumerism and buy an iPod for the sake of it (despite the poor battery life and inferior audio quality) but go for an iRiver, old or new you get what you pay for here.
iRiver > iPod

Room On Fire
Room On Fire
Offered by TwoRedSevens
Price: 5.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Good follow up, Louder vocals perhaps?, 3 Mar 2005
This review is from: Room On Fire (Audio CD)
Well Room on Fire didn't exactly set the world alight but it is a decent enough follow up from The Strokes' first album "Is This It?". There are a few stand out tracks (mainly those that got released as singles however) and the rest of the album is of high enough quality to keep the mood going. The only thing I'd say is that the vocals seem to be at a much lower level (volume wise) on some of the tracks, almost to a point of not being able to hear them at all! The Strokes stick to their same style with this album and don't really tend to stray from their norm, if you've heard them before (any of the previous "Is This It?" album or perhaps the singles from Room on Fire) and liked those tracks then this would be a decent enough addition to your CD collection. However if you want variety and perhaps a different sound to the material you have heard before by The Strokes then this album does not have much to offer.
Overall it's a good album and worth the 4 out of 5 stars.

Eddie Izzard: Dress To Kill [DVD]
Eddie Izzard: Dress To Kill [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Izzard
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanely funny, 14 April 2004
This has to be one of the best comedy performances by anyone that I have had the pleasure of seeing. Eddie is simply hysterical, reducing both the audience at the performance and myself sat watching the DVD at home to tears. If you haven't bought an Eddie Izzard DVD before or have never witnessed him live then this would be an ideal starting point. I caught a squirrel in my garden wearing lipstick a while ago so that shows how far reaching Eddie's comedy is...

Logitech MX 300 Optical Mouse
Logitech MX 300 Optical Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of its class, 7 Jan 2004
I am a big FPS gamer. I've used many mice over my years of playing and this is the pinnacle of all of that. I have played with a standard MS WheelMouse, a MS Intellieye (the old white mouse that would spasm if you move it too quickly because of poor optics), a Logitech Dual Optics (which broke from excessive use) and finally this, the Logitech MX300.
I can safely say this is THE most accurate mouse I have ever used. I have used a lot of different mice, including the main rivals like the MS Explorer 3.0 on friends PCs and at LANs etc and I can honestly say this mouse kicks them all into touch. Personally I use it with a fUnc gaming surface and I have never had a problem with it. The only downside is the Logitech software but I tend not to install it as it is generally a waste of time.
If you are a gamer and looking for a new mouse that isn't as chunky as the MS Explorer 3.0, this is the mouse for you. The same goes for those people who are lefthanded as the right-handed shaped Explorer 3.0, Logitech MX500 and MX700 models are difficult to use as a lefty.

Norton AntiVirus 2004
Norton AntiVirus 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as anything else out there, 30 Dec 2003
This review is from: Norton AntiVirus 2004 (CD-ROM)
I've used Norton Antivirus suites in the past that came free with my motherboard from upgrades I did on my PC a while back. Its never failed me once. I have had *no* viruses for a longtime now and I'm glad that I went with Norton. They're a very well established company and as good as anything else out there, including Mcafee.
Having read the other reviews (especially the one about a customer being unable to install the software) and being in IT myself I would personally disregard the review that was submitted regarding installing the Norton Antivirus software on a Windows 98 First Edition PC. He/she is using an outdated Operating System (Windows 98 First Edition, for which Microsoft are shortly withdrawing support which shows its age). I'm sure if this customer had a more up-to-date OS he/she wouldn't have a single problem with the software. The price you pay for not keeping your OS up to spec, let alone your software.