Profile for LittleByLittle > Reviews

The Ring [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Naomi Watts
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, but it wasn't scary at all., 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Ring [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I've always been of the opinion that the Japanese horrors are by far the scariest movies. The Ring was a movie I never got the chance to watch, so I thought that I better watch it.

There were a few 'jumpy' bits, but that was about it. The story was good, and not very predictable (in my opinion) which is good as I hate movies that are too predictable. But I can safely say that this movie did not scare me one bit. Which is very surprising considering the amount of people who have told me that it's scary as hell.

Overall, I would recommend watching this... However don't expect to be thrilled by its intense scariness.

The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy (Syngress Basics Series)
by Patrick Engebretson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good starters guide., 18 Mar. 2013
This book is absolutely fantastic for beginners. The first parts you read the author gives you a little introduction as to what hacking is and the ethics of hacking and sums up 'White Hats' and 'Black Hats' quite nicely. Surprisingly this book isn't too technical and is VERY easy to follow and understand.

There is a lot of times during the book that the author says 'But this is out of the scope of the book'. Don't knock that though, this is a beginners guide after all. Will you be an expert after reading this book? Hell no! But will you know some of the basics? YES! I personally think that this book will give you a 'feel' for pentesting, making you decide whether you would like to take it further. It is highly advised that you research some of the stuff that is mentioned in this book. Plus, practising how to research efficiently will help you out in your career as a Ethical Hacker.

After reading this book I have now gone on to read more advanced books, and will be studying for the OSCP cert this summer. This book is a must have for anybody wanting to know the basics of hacking.

Acer S271HLAbid 27 inch Full HD LED Monitor (100000000:1, 250cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 2ms, VGA/DVI/HDMI)

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely and utterly furious., 7 Mar. 2013
Ok I bought this monitor because it was very cheap for a 27 inch. Little did I know how many problems I was about to run in to. Firstly, it came broken... The screen just wouldn't light up, if I put my eyes close to it, I would just about see something. So I contacted the seller, and they arranged for it to be sent to the Acer repairs centre. Great, I had to wait nearly another week to receive my BRAND NEW monitor that should have worked out of the box. The repairs centre said it was my LED backlight that was faulty.

Acer did not issue a replacement, instead they sent this one back. And yet again, it's faulty. There is a dark patch on the screen that is about 6 inches wide and 4 inches tall. So yes, it is VERY noticeable. So what I do not understand is, how did Acer not see this other fault? Clearly they did not even check it. So what now? Do I have to wait yet another week for them to fix this fault? I should not have to wait just to get a monitor working that should have worked out of the box.

All in all, it takes a lot of skill to mess up this much. I appreciate that I'm most likely just really unlucky, but at the very least the monitor should have been fixed the first time.

I would advise anyone out there to take caution when buying this monitor.

EDIT - I have now received a replacement... I am somewhat happy about this, however this should have happened straight away.

Gucci Guilty Eau de Toilette for Women - 50 ml
Gucci Guilty Eau de Toilette for Women - 50 ml
Offered by Euro goodies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant service, brilliant product., 11 Feb. 2013
Bought this as a gift for my Mum, she seemed pleased with it & said it smelt gorgeous. Came the next day (Amazon Prime), overall it was worth every penny. This is a perfect gift, it smells nice & even the bottle is attractive!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card, especially for the price., 1 Feb. 2013
I got this card about a week ago now and the packaging was great and the card is even greater. It now comes with the full sized driver CD... Which is fortunate for me as my computer won't take the mini ones. Installation was simple and it was working within 5 mins on OS x. This card was mainly bought for Backtrack 5 (Which has the driver pre-installed on it) So no need to insert the CD if you were just using it for Backtrack alone.

Great card, fit for purpose and well worth the asking price.