Profile for Reader n+1 > Reviews

Reader n+1

HealthAid Selenium 200ug - Prolong Release - 60 Tablets
HealthAid Selenium 200ug - Prolong Release - 60 Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong description, 14 Oct 2013
On the Photo it says "Sodium Selenate" and on the description it says "l-Selenomethionine". HUGE difference! Please correct! The difference between absorbing these forms is huge.

Mavala Stop Nail Biting Discourages Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking For Children and Adults 5ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Works. Its nasty., 19 July 2013
After reading reviews about being successful with 3-4-5-6 year old children i was wondering if it works with a 33 year old boyfriend. It did. He has been biting nails since ever, and i wasnt sure if this can stop the habit. Its been 3-4 weeks now and he has nails! Strong and healthy, with the white at the end! He puts the stuff on every morning and it lasts until we go to bed unless he is doing the dishes or we go swimming. This stuff tastes really nasty, forget about eating fingerfood, chips, fruits or anything with your hands.

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
by Steve Harvey

2.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned, outdated, far too religious, 24 Jan 2013
I was looking for a book that could give me practical tips and tricks on dating. I read and loved the "Why men love bitches" and "Why men marry bitches" and wanted something similar from a men's view. I was very disappointed.

It actually suggests that you shouldnt have sex with THE ONE for 3 entire months. Its fine to play hard to get for 5-10 or lets say even 15 dates, but 3 months? oh please....

It also suggests that you should ask the guy ON the first date or BEFORE (on a phone call) what is his view on relationships, whats his relationship with his mother, father and how he sees an ideal one. Crazy. It would scare the hell out of most men.

While the idea behind all these books are the very same, and there are even identical sentences in it, this book is old fashioned and outdated. It gives you discussions that may have taken place in the 90's but definitely not in 2013. Act like a lady doesnt mean you have to speak like Audrey Hepburn. You can get over the sme message in a less formal way. There are far too many references to God, the Lord, Jesus, etc. I am a 34 year old, non religious European woman. Instead of putting it on every second page, he could have added a section on religious dating.

I didnt find the book useful at all, it was not entertaining either. I recommend the "Why men marry bitches". It is far more pratical, useful and very entertaining to read.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2014 12:05 PM GMT

Why Men Marry Bitches: The Nice Woman's Guide to Getting and Keeping a Man's Heart
by Sherry Argov

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly helpful, 17 Jan 2013
I received this book yesterday and read the first 100 pages immediately. I am 34 with a few succesful long relationships behind my back and a few failures. I realized that the last few failed relationships had the same pattern: i was not receiving the treatment i wanted. I assumed that it is something in my behaviour that triggers this response so I wanted to know how could I improve my dating life. The book is amazingly helpful.

An example: I am a very practical person and unfortunately i apply the rules of practicality to my dating habits as well. If the guy lives between the place where we go and where i live, i would offer to pick him up with no hesitation. Do this twice and i will never ever receive the courtesy of he picking me up. Or when he asked me if i want to get married and have family i responded with yes of course, like every normal person/woman. HUGE mistakes. I simply needed to read it black and white what mistakes i do and what it triggers in their mind and how can i change MY behaviour so i can trigger the response i want to have.

I am succesful, independent, smart and pretty. I always get what i want because i work for it and i ask for it. This attitude brought me promotions and business opportunities but its a complete failure when applied to romantic relationships. Dating is a different "business" with different rules. The book describes these rules and gives both explanation on what did i do wrong and detailed suggestion on what should i do instead. It does not want me to become a different person, lose weight or accept that unwanted response. It teaches communication techniques and behavioural patterns which will trigger the expected response on the other side without actually changing my feelings or character. Dead simple. I havent even finished the book but i feel it was the "investment of the year".

I recommend this book to absolutely all friends of mine, will definitely reduce the number of girly-wine-nights where we get together coz someone's date didnt call....

Style Clinic: How to Look Fabulous All the Time, at Any Age, for Any Occasion
Style Clinic: How to Look Fabulous All the Time, at Any Age, for Any Occasion
by Paula Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars Best style book i ever read, 5 Feb 2012
Forget the fashion magazins that give you the latest look with must-haves and all that on thin and tall women. The book tells you how not to become a fashion victim throwing money out of the window each season.

Instead, it gives very simple and clean advices on how to clean up your wardrob, how to buy basic pieces that are timeless, chic and fit, what you should buy cheap and treat as disposable (white t-shirts, balerinas) and how to invest in more expensive pieces that last long (trench coat, winter boots, suits).

Advices like a suit should have flat front trousers with no cuffle, and the jacket should have narrow lapels, flapless pockets and tailored waist save you time and money. This book should be on every woman's shelf.