Profile for Emjay > Reviews

Emjay

BLU Win HD 5" 4G Dual SIM-Free Smartphone - Orange
BLU Win HD 5" 4G Dual SIM-Free Smartphone - Orange

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay clear, 31 Oct. 2015
Hi all bought this phone less than 2 months ago and it was ok to start with then, the random freezing and restarts and just plain blankness started to become more frequent and the best part is I can't return it after 30 days it's a joke don't waste your money, on this poor attempt of a smartphone
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2015 12:44 AM GMT

The Vampire Diaries: 7: Midnight: 3/3
The Vampire Diaries: 7: Midnight: 3/3
by L J Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 14 Mar. 2011
The final book, and I must say it took my breath away!
I sometimes find that books towards the end of a series tend to flail and go dry, but I can happily report that this was not one of those cases. It was the perfect harmony of romance, danger, mystery and intrigue!
With both the Salvatore brothers back in (relative) safety, Elena has to not only figure out which will become her Prince, but also how to save her beloved town before 'the last midnight', when the twin Kitsune will unleash their true terror.
'Midnight' was beautifully written from start to finish, fuelling our emotions, and our need for more. I couldn't put the book down for the sheer intensity of it. The ending was, though highly traumatic and extremely tearful (at least for me!) amazing, and I have to say I felt very sad to be finishing it.
Although, maybe with that little quirk at the end... Is there possibly another story on the horizon?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2011 3:15 PM BST

Blood Ties Book Two: Possession
Blood Ties Book Two: Possession
by Jennifer Armintrout

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star!, 26 Jan. 2011
This book was totally amazing, it had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning.

Cyrus is back, and now he's human. Despite his downright evil past, he's first shocked and horrified at the thought he can possess guilt over any misdeed. If you've read the first book, "The Turning", you'll be sat there thinking, what person in their right mind would bring a monster like that back?! Of course, we all know that he isn't the biggest monster, not in comparison to Jacob Seymour, the soul eater, Cyrus' father. And for some reason he wanted his son back under his tight reins, and we know that reason cannot possibly be a good one.

With Nathan possessed and out killing innocent humans, Carrie and Max are forced to go against the Voluntary Vampire Extinction Movement, risking their own necks to save Nathan from the assassin sent to destroy him. Whilst Carrie heads off to locate her terrifying previous sire, Cyrus, who she still has mixed feelings about, even after staking him two months previous, Max tries to locate Nathan and bring him to relative safety from killing, or being killed.

"Possession" was completely brilliant, fast paced and thrilling all the way. It develops previous characters personalities, and gives us more insight to Max's flirtatious but deadly one. It also throws a new character into the mix, the assassin werewolf Bella, sent to destroy Nathan.
With old enemies and new threats, this book literally possesses your interest (pun intended)! I would greatly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the supernatural romance/action genre!

Lament: 1 (Books of Faerie)
Lament: 1 (Books of Faerie)
by Maggie Stiefvater

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 26 Jan. 2011
"Lament" is a story about a girl called Dee, who, on her sixteenth birthday begins to notice strange things happening in her once normal world. It all starts when she meets a boy called Luke, who she is immediately drawn to, despite his secret intent to kill her.
As the plot continues she realises she is a 'cloverhand', someone who can see faeries, and these faeries aren't the cute fluttery kind who spread love and joy. They're dangerous, and Dee is unfortunate to realise just how deadly they really are.

I really enjoyed this book, I loved it so much I simply could not put it down. I love how Maggie can wrap romance, mystery and danger and come up with the perfect story. I think the characters are very likable, and the plot is as engaging as the faeries are scary. Overall just a fantastic read, right to the ending, which I must say is very sad, yet satisfying. I think that readers who loved "Shiver" and "Linger" should definately read this, and if you haven't read any of Maggie's books then all I have to say is... GO BUY ONE!!

I look forward to her next book "Forever", and any other future books she will brighten my world with!

Misguided Angel: Number 5 in series (Blue Bloods)
Misguided Angel: Number 5 in series (Blue Bloods)
by Melissa de la Cruz

2.0 out of 5 stars . . ., 26 Jan. 2011
Sadly, I found this book rather disappointing. Which is a shame because I had been really looking forward to it, having already enjoyed the previous books.
When I first started the series I was like, wow, now here's something a little bit different to the regular vampire novels, and I was thoroughly enjoying them. This last book however, dropped my spirits entirely, and I found I had to practically force myself to keep reading it. It was very disjointed, and seemed to sway from the plot a great deal.
It picked up a little towards the end, but I couldn't muster that much enthusiasm by this point.
On the uphand, it introduces some interesting new characters to the story, and I'm hoping the next installment "Bloody Valentine" will pick up where this clearly left off.

Awakened: Number 8 in series (House of Night)
Awakened: Number 8 in series (House of Night)
by Kristin Cast

5.0 out of 5 stars In my opinion..., 26 Jan. 2011
In my opinion this book was amazing (even though it made me cry, or, as Zoey would say "snot all over the place"), and I think a lot of people are giving it a bit of a hard time.
Ok, so there's not a great deal of crazy action going on like in some of the others, but there's still a lot happening. This book really explores Zoey's feelings and how she's having trouble going back to the real world with all she has to face, and i think in the end it shows how strong her character can be even after losing so much. In fact, I think this book develops many of the characters personalities, including Zoey, Stark, Stevie-Rae, Rephaim, Damien, Jack, Aphrodite and even Kalona.
Maybe this book is just a "filler" in the series, but frankly, i think it's a great filler to have, as it helps you to better understand some of the characters, and it's still progressing with the story. It's also built up a lot of "ohmygoddess what will happen next?!" for me, especially with Heath's spirit! But no more said on that, I wouldn't want to give anything away to those who have not yet indulged in this book!
Overall I thought 'Awakened' was a great read, and I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the House of Night books!