Profile for U. Subramanian > Reviews

Content by U. Subramanian

U. Subramanian (London, UK)

The Commitments
The Commitments
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Need to understand the cultural context, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Commitments (Kindle Edition)
My boyfriend, who is Irish, recommended that I read this. But I have to admit that I didn't really get why he finds it funny. Without the cultural context, it's a bit of a boring read.

Screw Business as Usual
Screw Business as Usual
by Sir Richard Branson
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 16 Aug 2013
Richard Branson articulates a compelling world view that makes the case for a more authentic form of capitalism. A must read for anyone who thinks that there is more to life than cash and profit delivery.

The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners Think Differently-- And Why: How Asians and Westerners Think Differently - And Why
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, but too comparative, 16 Aug 2013
I picked up this book because I am about to do a substantial amount of business in China. While I found some of the insights useful, I thought the book focused too much on comparative history and drew some abstract conclusions.

I will also add that the book still reflected a "western view" of the world, and portrayed western culture as superior. (i.e. I don't think the book is as unbiased as it proclaims to be)