Profile for Funny Girl > Reviews

Content by Funny Girl

Funny Girl "Manxie" (IoM)

Page: 1 | 2
De-matting comb, 18 cm
De-matting comb, 18 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't find it useful for removing the matts, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: De-matting comb, 18 cm (Misc.)
It does remove hair - lots of it, but the sharp edges have caught me a couple of times when removing the hair from the comb. It leaves a nasty slice in your finger! Didn't find it useful for removing the matts, it's more a preventative comb if used regularly.

Sportleigh Ladies 9604 Tailored Cotton Sateen Golf Trousers in Stone 27" leg size 14

3.0 out of 5 stars Short leg fine, but waist........, 17 Dec. 2014
As a petite size 14, I found the fit if these trousers perfect in the leg and around the thigh, but the waist has no give at all. It isn't in proportion with the rest of the fit. They border on uncomfortable, but it will encourage me to lose some weight.

About Time [DVD] [2013]
About Time [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Rachel McAdams
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy viewing...., 15 April 2014
This review is from: About Time [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Bought this one the reviews and being a Richard Curtis film, and likely his last if rumours are true.

Perfect cast and enjoyable viewing. A Friday night flick with your girlfriends and a take-away

Motionperformance Official Ford Twist Off Back Black Tax Disc Holder - Ford logo on

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, but...., 15 April 2014
I am really pleased with the product and it is smart looking. However, being someone who is slap dash happy, it needs someone who is careful and precise to fit it correctly!

Callaway Women's Womens Super Lite Double Canopy with Mesh Umbrella - Black, 60 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice umbrella, 15 April 2014
Good quality and genuine. Very pleased with the purchase. Certainly light enough for regular use on and off the course.

NEW Set of 10 BOXED CALLAWAY X HOT GOLF Iron Headcovers in black Golf Covers WITH WINDOW TO CHOOSE CLUB RIGHT HANDED CLUBS ONLY

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, 15 April 2014
I must admit, I wondered if these would be good quality covers, having been stung previously by buying from a non brand store, but these are genuine and very good quality. Often the windows on the covers don't sit well and are difficult to view in the bag, but these are well designed, with the number easily identified. None of that pushing the cover around to get the number in view.

BaByliss 5534U Belissimo
BaByliss 5534U Belissimo
Offered by Premier Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Cut the drying time to 2 minutes!, 21 Jun. 2013
This is a great hairdryer for anyone wanting a quick and complete blow.....

Medium bob length cut to two minutes. The only reason that it didn't get 5 stars was because of the weight. Heavier than my previous salon style dryer, despite being smaller. Good length on the cord too. Good length and a quick blow.....what more could you ask for?

Cheryl: My Story
Cheryl: My Story
by Cheryl Cole

2.0 out of 5 stars My Story or My version of events...., 4 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Hardcover)
Disappointed. Not so much 'My Story' as 'My version of events'.

I have always been and continue to be a fan but this was a bit too 'woe is me' for my liking. Yes she's had some though times but not really so different from thousands of others.

We learn that from a very early age, all she wanted to do was sing, dance and be famous - yet since she found fame on a talent show, has since spent most of it hating the publicity and the 'paps'.

Most of this book is spent talking about how tough things have been for her since she became part of Girls Aloud and her terrible taste in men. There's no doubt her heart was broken by Ashley and you can feel her pain. Heartbreak is hard to deal with and it can't have been nice to go through that in the spotlight - but that is a fact of the world of celebrity we live in.

There's nothing new in this book - just her side of the stories we've heard so much about.

As I said, I still continue to be a fan and I like Cheryl for her gutsy determination and fight - but enough of the woe is me stuff. You've found your fame - so accept that the celebrity status goes with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2012 9:14 PM GMT

Life, Death and Vanilla Slices
Life, Death and Vanilla Slices
by Jenny Eclair

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - couldn't put it down, 22 July 2012
I'm not a critic so this review won't be written with any in depth analysis, so I'll review it as I see it. No words that I can't spell or even know what they actually mean!

This booked ticked the average reader list for me

Easy to get into

No pages of drivel to wade through to continue with the story

You have to keep reading it until you're eyes can no longer stay open. By the end of the week you can't get out of bed in the morning because you've been reading until 1am

You find yourself identifying with a character or situation

Your heart breaks as the lives of this family play out in each chapter.

You don't want it to end

For me, that's a good book. It isn't light & fluffy but there are some dark humour moments and some others that leave a lump in your throat - and make you want to hug your mum :-)

A truly brilliant read. I loved it.

2 (Twin Pack) x Anti Allergy "ULTRAFRESH" Treated Memory Foam Pillows, Guenine SERENITY VISCO 5000 Branded Item
Offered by The Linen Depot

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful - Spend your money more wisely, 19 May 2012
Firstly, when these arrived the delivery note had 'Memory Foam' crossed out and replaced by 'Shredded foam'. They were vacuum wrapped but with a sticker which warned that the product could not be exchanged or refunded if opened. Not sure how this would stand up against consumer law, but in order to try them I had to open them.

Well 4 weeks later, the smell is still evident even after being outside, using two pillowcases and sprayed with Febreze. The smell has attached itself to my duvet cover as well as it rests on the pillows during the day. If they were any good I could almost put up with it but they are the worst pillows I have ever tried. No improvement with my neck pain at all. I guess you get what you pay for. No drastic loss but to anyone considering buying them, don't bother.

Page: 1 | 2