Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "DonO11" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Harry Connick Jr: The New York Big Band Concert [DVD] [2004]
Harry Connick Jr: The New York Big Band Concert [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Harry Connick Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Harry - a must for all his fans, 19 Mar 2014
I love this DVD - it shows Harry in his prime, and he is such a showman. The songs come even more alive when performed live and the musicians do a wonderful job. Harry's interplay with the audience is fun too. I haven't stopped spinning this disc since it arrived and have converted it to MP3 for my iPod. Love it love it love it. Bravo Harry! The new pretenders to the swing throne (e.g. Michael Buble) just don't come close I'm afraid. Buy it without hesitation if you're a Harry fan.

Defjam Rapstar with Mic Bundle (Wii)
Defjam Rapstar with Mic Bundle (Wii)
Offered by Go2Games
Price: 8.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but can't be bothered with the new stuff, 12 Jan 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Great game and I love rapping along to the 90s decade classic hip-hop tracks but unfortunately you have to "unlock" more songs by getting a good enough score on the newer tracks. I think modern hip-hop nowadays is a bit pants and I can't be bothered with those tracks. I wish there was some sort of cheat code to allow me to unlock all the good songs locked away inside the game, like Pete Rock and CL Smooth "Reminisce Over You" for example. But it's a fun game and I love rapping along to TRIBE CALLED QUEST "Scenario" and WU-TANG CLAN "C.R.E.A.M". Recommended for hip-hop headz out there.

Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre
Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre
Offered by memorycapital
Price: 1.87

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for PC to TV, 15 Dec 2013
Did job perfectly connecting my PC to my TV with crystal clear picture. Now I can happily watch YouTube and iTunes on my wide-screen TV. Doesn't transfer sound mind you. Overall happy especially at this amazing price. Why pay more?

Pull Cord Ceiling Switch 10amp 2 Way Bathroom Toilet
Pull Cord Ceiling Switch 10amp 2 Way Bathroom Toilet
Offered by BulbsTubes
Price: 2.30

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 15 Dec 2013
Perfectly adequate. We had no problems replacing the old broken one with this one. Cord feels sturdy and strong. All the bits needed to fix it up came in the kit.

Unisex Sports Digital LED Quartz Alarm Day Date Rubber Wrist Watch Blue
Unisex Sports Digital LED Quartz Alarm Day Date Rubber Wrist Watch Blue
Offered by Sanwood
Price: 4.59

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job - water proof too, 15 Dec 2013
Needed a cheap digital watch with chronograph for swimming and walking. This definitely has a cheap plasticy feel to it but works perfectly fine. In fact the light function is better than what I've had on past more expensive digital watches. Was a bit surprised to read in the manual it isn't water proof but I've taken it swimming and in the shower and it still works fine ( I think it might be a misprint in the manual). Overall happy with it for the price I paid.

Yousave Accessories Genuine Leather Flip Cover Case for LG Nexus 5 - Black
Yousave Accessories Genuine Leather Flip Cover Case for LG Nexus 5 - Black
Price: 10.94

4.0 out of 5 stars great case, 12 Dec 2013
Very smart and tidy case. Just takes a bit of getting used to because the flip case opens up downwards which feels a bit counter intuitive at first. Feels a bit like the old style flip communicators from Star Trek. But overall very pleased with it. Perfect for my lovely new Nexus 5 phone and a great price too.

Jabra Revo Wireless Stereo Headphones
Jabra Revo Wireless Stereo Headphones
Offered by Appods
Price: 109.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't get them to Bluetooth with home PC, 19 Oct 2013
Work perfectly with my iPhone and Nexus tablet, but I'd like to use them with my PC over Bluetooth as well. Jabra haven't been much help.
Annoying because that's where my main iTunes library resides...

I'm trying to get them to work with Windows Vista. I can successfully pair them with the computer but Windows then prompts for a driver. I asked Jabra for the driver and got this response:

"Unfortunately, we cannot provide any drivers. The issue here is that Windows does not usually include any bluetooth profiles natively (this is actually specified in the Microsoft support page). So when the PC and the headset pair, the system recognizes profiles in the headset that are not installed in the PC, so it asks for drivers (A2DP, HFP and HSP are common bluetooth profiles that Windows does not include). Jabra does not develop drivers for any unit, as we make headsets for mobile phones. You can test the unit with a cellphone to make sure it's working fine. However, if Microsoft cannot provide drivers, unfortunately we cannot offer any other solutions."

Otherwise clever touch functionality for skipping tracks, adjusting volume & answering phonecalls.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2013 4:05 PM GMT

Prescription Swimming Goggles for Correcting Short-sightedness
Prescription Swimming Goggles for Correcting Short-sightedness
Offered by goggleyed
Price: 19.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb service & product!, 14 Oct 2013
Going back 5-10 years, prescription swimming goggles cost a small fortune from my local optician. These guys were absolutely smooth and fast. So cheap too, just under 20 quid. And they arrived within a few days. Really pleased & highly recommended. They got my prescription totally accurate. It's wonderful to be able to swim and see again, without the need for painful contact lenses. Thanks guys, a real find!

Jackdaws
Jackdaws
Price: 4.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Would make a terrific Hollywood thriller, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Jackdaws (Kindle Edition)
As I was reading this, I couldn't help thinking how good this would be on the big screen, perhaps a Tarantino movie in the vein of "Inglorious Basterds".
It's quite pulpy stuff but highly enjoyable and certainly gripping. By the end you do feel a real emotional connection with these heroic women and it does leave you wondering about the real-life stories that must have happened during WW2. I found some of the violence a bit hard to take (lots of torture etc) but I suppose that was what really went on.
It's nothing like Follett's epics (e.g. Pillars of the Earth) but it's certainly superior to his lesser short thrillers like 'Code to Zero'.
Recommended, especially if you like WW2/history and/or a gripping thriller in the vein of EYE OF THE NEEDLE.

BestDealUK Yellow Telephone Handset For iPhone 3G 3GS 4
BestDealUK Yellow Telephone Handset For iPhone 3G 3GS 4
Offered by iTekLife Global
Price: 12.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 8 Feb 2013
There is no microphone in the handset. So you have to hold the main unit close to your face so the iPhone microphone picks up your voice. Which makes the whole experience useless. Avoid!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5