Profile for N. Helps > Reviews

Global Holdings 11" Legend of Zelda Stuffed Toy: Link Plush
Global Holdings 11" Legend of Zelda Stuffed Toy: Link Plush
Offered by Retro Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for a Zelda fan, 4 July 2016
My son is very much enjoyed the Wind Waker game. This particular version of the character is apparently from another game, but I can't tell... Anyway, looks great and he loves it - favourite colour is green.... Good size too and well made.

Yo-Kai Watch 8" Collectible Push: Robonyan
Yo-Kai Watch 8" Collectible Push: Robonyan
Offered by FUNcomUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun character, 4 July 2016
My son has just got into this latest Japanese cartoon and was desperate for this character. It is a reasonable size for the price and looks well made. Has a tag that appears to show it is genuine. Difficult to tell nowadays but it looks good. He is certainly very happy. Delivery from America was also amazingly quick. Fastest delivery I have ever experienced from US.

Super Duck (Duck in the Truck)
Super Duck (Duck in the Truck)
by Jez Alborough

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good Duck book!, 24 Jun. 2016
My son loves the Duck books. This one is also great, but I still think that the best one has always been Fixit Duck. It still makes me laugh whenever I read it to my youngest.

Mens Cargo Combat Work Trousers Sizes 28"- 52" Workwear Pants (34"W - 29" Short Leg, Navy Blue)
Offered by YBS Safety Workwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 24 Jun. 2016
Well made and a good fit. I would certainly buy more.

Apple iPhone 5s Unlocked Smartphone, 16GB, Gold
Apple iPhone 5s Unlocked Smartphone, 16GB, Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to love it!, 4 Jun. 2016
What can be said that has not already been said about the iPhone 5s? Hence, I won't try to review the features.

I am an Apple fan and have been for a very long time. However, I can't bring myself to pay the enormous prices of new kit. Hence, when looking at a phone to replace my aging Samsung, I saw the second hand ones. 3 months warranty and this particular one advertised as "used, very good" at a price I can bear to pay was enough to suck me in. The phone arrived quickly and was, indeed, in very good condition. Once in a case, you could not tell that it was second hand. I was a little concerned initially when I saw that the carrier shown in the settings was not my own carrier. The phone as advertised as unlocked to any network, so I did not expect to see any carrier showing. This caused me quite a bit of anxiety until I fitted my SIM and booted up the phone, at which point it recognised the SIM and attached to the network. I guess it just shows the last carrier that was used. I fully charged the phone and so far it is down to about 60% after 3 days. I don't use mobile data and I am quite "light" on usage, so this won't reflect what most people will get out of the battery. However, it tells me that the battery appears to be in good condition (which is always a bit of a worry since it is not easily replaceable).

Other than the above, all I really can say is "wow, I love it!". The gold colour also adds some elegance to the phone I think.

iPhone SE Screen Protector, Anker Xtreme Scratch Terminator Ultra-Clear Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for iPhone SE / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Anker product!, 4 Jun. 2016
I am a fan of Anker items. I own various Anker tech and related products like screen protectors. The attention to detail and quality is first rate. I have never been disappointed with any of my purchases and that tradition has continued with this screen protector. It comes in a really nice protective case and has everything (and more!) anyone could ever need to fit it. Fitting was as simple as the comprehensive instructions said and it was bubble and dust free first time. The protector makes no appreciable difference to touch sensitivity or visual clarity. I have not (for obvious reasons!) tried out how tough it is.... Let's just rely on the Anker product testing for that. I really cannot praise Anker products highly enough. They may cost a little more than some of the cheap and nasty stuff out there, but they do the job exceptionally well.

For reasons that are hopefully obvious, the home button becomes more recessed once the protector is attached. This does not prevent functionality of the button or touch ID. Anker do, however, provide both a silver and black adhesive button cover that can be used to get everything level again. Clearly this is not any use for the 5S with the touch ID, but for a non-touch ID phone it would be fine.

Decent Style Apple iPhone 5 5S SE Leather Case Cover Cotton Padded Light Weight Flip Wallet PU With 2 Card Slots For Apple iPhone SE
Offered by G4GADGET

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value case, 4 Jun. 2016
This is a well made case that does have a quality feel to it and certainly holds the phone securely. I made the mistake of trying the phone in the case before fitting the SIM card into the phone. Took quite a bit of prying to release the phone again... This was partly because I neither wanted to break the case nor (more importantly!) damage the phone at all. However, once gets the right technique, the phone comes out safely when needed. The case is padded, which adds to the quality feel, but should also give some extra protection. Not sure how long the small gold embossed "G4GADGET" badge will remain intact, but it gives a little style to the otherwise plain black case. I also like the fact that the charging port and earphone port are accessible when the case is closed. All the other controls are too, but my previous case (for a different phone) suffered from the charging port not being accessible when the case was closed, meaning one had to have it flapped open whenever charging or transferring data. A fairly minor issue for the charging port (more important for the headphone port), but I prefer that the ports are available.

Karcher WV2 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher WV2 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows have never been cleaner!, 30 May 2016
As another reviewer said, this the gadget you never knew you needed! Got it after trying one that a colleague had. Inside of Windows in the house were not getting cleaned as much as they should because of the hassle of spraying on "non-smear" window cleaner and then wiping off. Thought this might allow more conventional wet cleaning and vacuuming off. It does just that. Fabulous. Cleaned all the windows and a big mirror in the bathroom. Then realised outsides look dirty, so did those too! I had previously used a regular squeegee on the outsides, but this nifty device is even better than that and so I will be using it inside and out from now on. A bit of technique is needed to get best results, but it is very light and easy to hold. I figured out a technique that works well for me by the end of doing all the windows. I can't sing its praises high enough. My Windows have never looked so clean and the big mirror in the bathroom is spotless. It is also good for shower screens apparently. Not tried that yet, but will do. It managed all the insides on one charge and then I topped the charge before doing the outsides. I have quite a lot of big windows, so I would imagine it would get most houses done inside and out on one charge. Well worth the money.

Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Speedy!, 29 May 2016
Writing this review on the laptop that now contains this drive. It is awesome. My laptop is no slouch. It is a i5 processor with 6GB of RAM, but it is now a few years old and I wanted to put windows 10 on it while it is available for free. My usual experience of new versions of Windows is that they slow down your computer. Hence, I though it might be useful to give the laptop a bit of a boost at the same time. I researched drives and this one seemed like a good trade-off between speed vs price. Samsung is also a well respected tech manufacturer. Installing it was simple and then I had to restore my laptop to its "out of box" Windows 7 state, then update to Windows 10 (I could have "cloned" it, but I wanted to take the opportunity to clean off a load of junk that had accumulated on the previous HD). Once the OS was installed, I installed the Samsung magician software and applied the various optimising settings. I won't go into everything. There are various youtube video tutorials available. It is simple enough to do. The results are amazing. I now do not put the laptop to sleep. I just shut it down. Reason is that it is as fast to start up from cold now as it was to wake up from sleep before...! Anything that uses disk activity just flies. Applications start up instantly. Of course, if you have processor intensive stuff to do, that will still be limited by your processor performance. However, for regular use, the laptop is now completely awesome and like a new machine. Windows 10 also runs superbly on it and I am sure it runs better than it would off the old HDD. Anyone who wants to perk up a laptop containing a standard HDD should get themselves a SSD and I can certainly recommend this particular type.

2GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 Memory Module
2GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 29 May 2016
Not much to say really. Put it into the laptop and now it has more RAM. Being Crucial memory, one knows it will work fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13