Profile for Callum S > Reviews

Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black
Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black
Price: 42.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 30 Dec 2012
Overall I am very satisfied with the product, the aesthetics of the Milk Frother are quite appealing and the product has a sturdy, well manufactured feel. The primary function of this item for me is the heated milk (unfrothed) as making hot drinking chocolate can be a long process in order to avoid curdling, in that respect this item is perfect. I can now leave the milk to heat up without having to stir at all. Essentially this item is a kettle for milk in my kitchen but I have used the other setting and the cold frothed milk setting is good for stirring in the chocolate powder into the milk before heating them together.

I have noticed a few reviews of these types of milk heating kettles and there is often a problem with burning of the milk, I have not found this to be a problem and would recommend cleaning the product between each use even if you are using it immediately after the first use, simply wiping the inside clean should suffice. There is also a recommended cool down time between each use of 2 minutes which again I normally stick to.

If I could change one thing about this product it would be the size/amount of milk that you can heat. It's a shame that there is only room for one (large) hot chocolate with each use but they certainly don't mislead you into thinking it can cope with more therefore I can't complain. I also think that it would be difficult to heat any more milk than this device can hold without changing the heating mechanism or source.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to make barista style drinks efficiently at home!