Profile for Alex Baird > Reviews

Content by Alex Baird

Alex Baird (London UK)

VonShef Premium Electric Citrus Fruit Juicer / Extractor 85W - Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used it pretty much every day since then and it's never given ..., 29 Nov. 2015
I was given one of these juicers as a present a year or so ago. I've used it pretty much every day since then and it's never given me any problems whatsoever. Easy to use. Easy to clean.

LaCie Flat Cables Firewire 400 to Firewire 800, 1.2m (3.94ft)
LaCie Flat Cables Firewire 400 to Firewire 800, 1.2m (3.94ft)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a length of cable, 14 Nov. 2011
It's bright orange. Not going to lose that, eh? It fits in the computer. It transfers information from one machine to the other. Yep. it works!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy shoes!, 17 Mar. 2011
I've been wearing converse off and on since 1978, usually in summer only. They're not cheap but they are pretty comfortable. This particular pair are the most comfortable I've ever had and with leather uppers as opposed to the usual thin canvas, they're nice and warm. I've no complaints.

BigMouth Inc The Original Toilet Mug
BigMouth Inc The Original Toilet Mug
Offered by BigMouth International Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Why be sensible?, 15 Mar. 2011
This is one of the stupidest things I've seen in a long time. I've bought far too many of them. You know those times when you need to get someone a present but you have no idea what to get? Well, this will solve your problems. They'll either love you or hate you. Either way you get a laugh at the expression on their faces. Friends? Who needs 'em!

Live at Leeds [40th Anniversary Special Edition]
Live at Leeds [40th Anniversary Special Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Live at Hull, 15 Mar. 2011
Doesn't roll of the tongue quite the same as "Live at Leeds" but it's every bit as good. I remember when Leeds was released back in 1970 and it was the best noise I'd ever heard. Well hearing the Hull gig is like having 1970 happen all over again. I have the original vinyl, the CD of the vinyl, the CD of the vinyl with the extra bonus tracks and the deluxe edition which includes Tommy, so yet another issue of Live at Leeds in any form is kinda' surplus to requirements. The only reason I bought this was for the legendary Hull gig, and for that alone, it was worth every penny.

The Who were well known for never playing the same on any given night and although the Hull gig has a very similar sound and presence to the Leeds one, it's not the same. I'd go as far as to day IT'S BETTER !

Timex Easy Reader Black Leather Strap Silver-Tone Case T20501
Timex Easy Reader Black Leather Strap Silver-Tone Case T20501
Offered by Kay's Watch Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for us blind old gits, 29 Aug. 2010
The perfect watch. Easy to see. Big black numbers on a white face. Will light up at the touch of a button. It does what a watch should do ....tells the time. Nothing else. Keeps good time too. I can not even begin to match Brockeim's review of this watch (well worth a read) but it's easily as good as he says. It ain't bling but it's 100% functional.

My dentist almost wept when he saw it. He's an old git too and has been after a watch like this for ages. I just ordered one for him.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2011 8:41 PM GMT

The Best Of
The Best Of
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have been a huge hit!, 13 Sept. 2006
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
What a bargain. Two whole albums on one pretty cheap CD. Every tune a gem! Of course, I would say that ...I played on it! ....and no, I don't get royalties from the sales. I'm just pleasantly surprised that few people still take the time to listen then bother to write reviews about it. I even appreciate the "not so good" ones. I read the second half of the CD (the second album) described as "darker". Interesting! Must listen to it with the lights on!! No, we weren't session men, just mere mortals who seemed to be on the same musical wavelength. Personally, I preferred the "dark" bit, Silverbirds (a throwaway instrumental) being my favourite perhaps because it's completely different to anything else we did. Mind you, I'm still very proud of all of it and if you have a tenth as much fun listening to it as I did making it then you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2014 10:34 AM BST