Profile for That Pirate > Reviews

That Pirate

The Power Within
The Power Within

4.0 out of 5 stars Familiar but Dragonforce still impress, 18 April 2012
This review is from: The Power Within (Audio CD)
If you were never a fan of Dragonforce, The Power Within probably won't change your mind, it's still full of lighting fast guitar solos, cheesy lyrics and amazing vocals but the addition of Marc Hudson's voice definitely adds a new shade to the album.

Dragonforce were clearly were looking for someone to not just fill ZP's shoes, but also to bring something new to the table, which Marc does fantastically. Some of the best tracks include, Cry Thunder, Fallen World, Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Storm.

Why 4 out of 5 stars? The album definitely feels like it's treading old ground, Dragonforce are still reusing lyrics lyrics from previous albums and the overall composition of a few tracks feels extremely familiar. Personally I wanted to hear more tracks like Cry Thunder, the classic power metal sound they were going for mixed with the fantastic vocals and guitar playing of Herman and Sam worked really well. That said the rest of the album is still top notch, the blazingly fast guitar solos, arcade sound interludes and epic song compositions are tighter than ever, making it some of the bands best work to date.

I'd definitely recommend seeing Dragonforce at one of their live shows, hearing the classics with Marc's own style at the 100 clubs was an amazing experience.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2014 12:58 PM BST

ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler
ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cooler for mild overclocking but not heavy overclocking, also has a ram issue., 30 Dec 2011
I bought this cooler to cool my overclocked i5 2500k and it's doing a pretty good job so far. If your looking to do some mild overclocking or just want lower temperatures this is definitely the right cooler to buy. Different air cooling situations affect temperatures so to get a better idea here is how I have everything set up:
i5 2500k currently stress testing with prime95 at 4.4ghz with the included thermal paste (stock clocked temperatures with this cooler were good, nothing above low 60s under load)
cpu fan facing to the right of the case with an exhaust fan
2 x 120mm side panel fans
1 x front case fan

Prime95 has been running for about an hour maybe less with my i5 @4.4 ghz 1.344v (I've since lowered the voltage slightly, temperatures were a bit better but the cpu still managed to overclock on lower core voltages which is great) and the current temperatures are
0: 70
1: 77
2: 79
3: 77
so unfortunately it's running pretty hot and slowly rising with quite an average overclock, stock temperatures were naturally much lower, for those like me wanted better temps I think the next step up is the hyper 212 evo.

A few other points to note:
it's rather noisy at full rpm, but quiet at low rpm
it relatively easy to fit, I didn't use the included instructions though I followed a video.
the fan blocks the entire first ram slot and to pushing on the second slightly, could be because of my motherboard or it could be because my ram is rather tall and has silly heatsinks attached but be warned, this is quite a major issue.

For those who have no intention of overclocking and just want something better than the stock cooler, this will do you just fine but for those who are looking to overclock more than just a bit, you'll want to invest more money in a better cooler.

ClimaxDigital VCAP303 USB 2.0 Video capture with Audio + DVD/VCD Maker from video source: VHS, V8, Hi8 for laptop/PC,video recorder, camcorder, DVD player or Satellite TV receiver,supports *XP/Vista 32/Vista 64/Window 7/8 32&64*)+Support Xbox 360/PS3 colour recording+upload video directly to YouTube + ArcSoft ShowBiz 3.5+*FREE AV cable & SCART Adaptor*
Offered by ClimaxDigital UK (VAT NO: GB948688449)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but only once you know what your doing - Tutorial, 17 Feb 2010
4 stars because the hardware itself it's good but your paying for very poor software.
I bought this to record off my xbox despite the mixed reviews and spent a whole day getting the damn thing to work, here is what I came up with:

The software that comes with the cap card simply doesn't work, I would recommend downloading corel video studio 12/13 - you get a 30 day trial so you can keep installing and re-installing unless you want to buy it.

If you are using red blue and green connectors from your xbox to your tv, plug them in. MAKE SURE THE SWITCH ON THE XBOX CABLE (near the socket) IS SET TO STANDARD, NOT HD. This is because the card won't record in hd.

connect the red yellow and white cables (from your xbox) to your capture card and plug it into your computer.

load up video studio 12 or which ever version you have, click movie wizard then capture, now click options video properties and select the following:

input source: composite (the red blue and green cables - im not sure how to set it up without them ie scart or hdmi)

TV system: NTSC_433 - this seems to be the only option that records both sound and colour in pal 60hz, any other setting doesn't seem to work.

(for best quality go to template and select the profile name DVD NTSC HQ 16_9)

hit ok and turn on your xbox.

The only thing I have noticed is that there is a sound delay when recording - this doesn't affect the final video but its a bit odd.
Edit: I have fixed the sound problem, it requires 2 audio splitters and one male audio to audio cable (red and white on both ends) You need to plus the two splitters into the red and white connections on the ezcap, then plug the red cable from your xbox into one end of the red splitter and the same on the other splitter but with the white cable. this provides audio for the ezcap.
Now plug the 3rd connection from your audio cable into the free splitter ports (again corresponding to colour)
on the other end of the cable, plug the red and white connectors into the red and white ports on the back of your tv (or speaker setup)

this will then provide the ez cap with audio but you will still be able to hear the sound through your speakers without lag, it all turns out ok in the final video too.

for making the best quality videos search on youtube for tutorials on how to render videos.

These are the setting I use which work and I hope this helps other people.

any questions just send me a message

Edit: broke after a few months, sound became patchy and video skipped, tried to get a replacement which turned out to be complicated so in the end I got a refund, now I just have to buy another one ¬_¬

DIGIFLEX Headset Headphones For xBox 360 & xBox Live
DIGIFLEX Headset Headphones For xBox 360 & xBox Live
Offered by Digiflex

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke very quickly, 9 Jan 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought one of these as my xbox never came with a headset for some reason.
The first thing I noticed was that the headset is incredibly tight, now my head isn't that big but it was painful to wear for long sessions. So I tried stretching it out but this then led to it snapping. Also the cable turned dodgy after a few weeks, people were complaining of fuzzy sounds from my mic.
Poor product overall, the official ones are over priced so my advise would be to invest in a wireless headset or an adapter to connect a pc headset.

8956 Meter USB Printer Cable Unpacked
8956 Meter USB Printer Cable Unpacked

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but let down by a pitiful battery life., 12 Dec 2009
I bought this phone from vodafone for £70 but I guess this was a while back.
anyway this phone has the usual features but the whole thing is let down by a ridiculous battery life, Its so bad I have to keep it on silent permenatly. Were talking 3 days tops on silent before blacking out.
it's a shame becuase it makes half of the other features not worth using such as games or music.
also the memory is poor, 1 mp3 track and about 30 pictures was all I could fit on without a memory card.

Camera is good and I guess it would be worth buying because it's cheap but I think there are other much better alternatives out there.

Common Dreads
Common Dreads
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Old is better, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Common Dreads (Audio CD)
Seriously ignore the 1 star review it is way too harsh. I'm a big enter shikari fan (they even went to the same school as me) and it's great to hear some new material.
all in all If you have never heard them before, go for it, techno-metal doesn't come better, but for returning fans I think you might agree there old stuff was better and it seems one or two tracks are lacking in any thing special.
On the plus side Solidarity is amazing!!