ARRAY(0xaa7d1ab0)

Content by P. Schofield

P. Schofield (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated, 25 Oct 2012
I'm frustrated with my first Amazon Fire HD Kindle as most of the stores I go to are in dollars, though I'm in the UK. This means that trying to download anything, including free games, fails. My adverts are also US-based as well. The book store is in pounds sterling though.

Other comments:

Cute, minimalist packaging

I bought it with the intention of it being a combi media-player and book reader.... it feels a little heavy!

Overall, it seems like a well built player which works well.

A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After the Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After the Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
by George R. R. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed - it ended too soon!, 29 Sep 2012
I've read all the books in the series - I initially struggled to get into the very first one, but since then they've all flown by. I haven't been aware of any variance in the quality of the books - each one has been great!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2012 4:31 PM BST

4 Bike Cycle Carrier
4 Bike Cycle Carrier
Offered by Graham Goode Cycles Leicester

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - Paid for itself, 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: 4 Bike Cycle Carrier (Misc.)
We've owned a 4 bike carrier for just over a year now, and I've used it about six times for trips to Devon, Centreparcs, France, and Holland successfully! It does take some practice, but you can get 2 adult and 2 child bikes on safely and securely - it's definitely something that you get better the more you do. The videos on their website are helpful.

Science Museum My Mystery Mid Air Floating UFO
Science Museum My Mystery Mid Air Floating UFO
Offered by Gadget Grotto

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Awful - throw your money in the bin instead, 2 Aug 2012
This is a piece of cardboard, and some threads. Some blu tack too. Deceptive and a waste of time. AVOID.

Car Inverter DC 12V to AC 220V Power Adapter 12A 150W by KING OF FLASH
Car Inverter DC 12V to AC 220V Power Adapter 12A 150W by KING OF FLASH
Offered by KING OF FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 July 2012
I used to have a Ring MP75 inverter to supply power in the car via the lighter socket - it worked fine, but overheated quickly. And died permanently just as quickly.

This car inverter has a fan inside, and vents, so stays cool in my experience - which is great! The fan isn't silent though, so can be disconcerting.

It also comes with a handy USB slot for charging too.

The one thing it doesn't do that the MP75 does is that the bit that goes into the lighter socket is fixed - the MP75 allows you to angle it.

Beto Track Pump Steel Barrel With Gauge
Beto Track Pump Steel Barrel With Gauge
Offered by EzeeHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job great!, 24 Jun 2012
It does take a Eureka moment to figure out how to use the adaptor/nozzle, but other than that this is a great little pump! (actually, it's not that small). Now, for the first time ever, all my bike tyres are pumped up properly!

Ventura Screw On ll A Aluminium Carrier - Silver
Ventura Screw On ll A Aluminium Carrier - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work out for me..., 12 May 2012
The three main parts fit nicely together - the rack, and the two triangular pieces that go down either side to the wheel axles. But things don't go smoothly from there - the instructions are poor, pieces are missing, and - for my bike at least - it doesn't attach firmly to the bike under the saddle post or anything. Now unused because it kept shearing the nuts that tried to connect it to the post.

Philips HTS3111/12 SoundBar Home Cinema System
Philips HTS3111/12 SoundBar Home Cinema System

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 Jan 2012
Didn't take long to setup with our Panasonic TV, but it took a little longer with the PS3 as we had to change settings in the console.

For some reason our unit came with a continental shaver-plug lead, hard-wired in. The manual refers to a UK moulded plug.

And yes, the remote control is too small, and flimsy.

2A F2A 250v Quick Blow 20mm x 5mm Glass Fuse x 10 by electrosmart®
2A F2A 250v Quick Blow 20mm x 5mm Glass Fuse x 10 by electrosmart®
Offered by electrosmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Cambridge Brainbox Primary Electronics kit, 29 Dec 2011
Got 10 in the pack, perfect for the Cambridge Brainbox Primary 2 Electronics kit when you've blown the fuses! Works perfectly, and great value!

Regatta Packaway II Men's Leisurewear OverTrouser - Navy, Medium
Regatta Packaway II Men's Leisurewear OverTrouser - Navy, Medium
Offered by Leisurewear Online Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for the price, 25 Dec 2011
I do wear these everytime I cycle in wet weather, so that's my endorsement!

Pros:

- comes with a drawstring bag to keep them in, and - surprisingly - I can get them easily back in the bag!

Cons:

- donesn't fit over my work shoes, so I have to take my shoes off first!

- they are quite thin, so it doesn't feel too comfortable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3