Profile for Mrs. Danielle Bradley > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Danielle ...

Mrs. Danielle Bradley "ravenchild" (Portsmouth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Tale of Time City
A Tale of Time City
by Diana Wynne Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite children's books, 11 July 2013
This review is from: A Tale of Time City (Paperback)
When I was about ten I first read this and had such vivid memories of it and the descriptions Diana Wynne Jones produced that I had to re-buy it as an adult!

The Red Thread: An Adoption Fairy Tale
The Red Thread: An Adoption Fairy Tale
by Grace Lin

5.0 out of 5 stars There aren't enough of these..., 11 July 2013
I was looking for something that is a story with themes of adoption that isn't too heavy handed and labouring the point. I think this is ideal (reads like a fairytale/myth) for reading to any child, regardless of whether they are adopted or not, but on top of that, I think it's lovely as a book that can just make adoption more 'normalised' for want of a better word. Something that is just around and in the child's sphere of experience without it being a big, looming topic.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to!, 11 July 2013
Just exactly what I wanted for my small canon camera. It fits perfectly into the case, which is nice and solid as well as being a good, bright colour so I don't lose it!!

Manhattan Toy My Snuggly Bella
Manhattan Toy My Snuggly Bella

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, soft, perfect, 11 July 2013
Exaclty what I wanted for a friend's newborn. Just as soft and velvety as I hoped.
delightful and very well recieved as a gift.

My Family, My Journey: A Baby Book for Adoptive Families
My Family, My Journey: A Baby Book for Adoptive Families
by Zoe Francesca

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 15 May 2013
This was exactly what I wanted. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect.
We are in the process at the moment, and every page of this book is ideal for recording the memories and moments that will be so important in our first year. Honestly, I am astounded how good this books is. Every page made me smile and the layout and design is beautiful.
It's really high quality, elegantly designed and perfect for adoptive parents in every way. LOVELY!

Talk-Time A6 3 pk Postcards record and play operation upto 30 seconds (WG)
Talk-Time A6 3 pk Postcards record and play operation upto 30 seconds (WG)
Offered by Wishtrac (VAT receipt supplied)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping kids focused!, 24 Sept. 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Brilliant. I use these (and the larger version) with my SEN kids. Age 8-11. They use them to record thier ideas before they write them and it is really effective. They write clearer sentences, edit and improve them and they can listen back to check they're happy with it.

Write from the start: Unique Programme to Develop the Fine Motor and Perceptual Skills Necessary for Effective Handwriting (3 volumes)
by Ion Teodorescu

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for SEN kids, 24 Sept. 2012
This is a great product. To start with I thought it was a bit expensive, but once I had it, I could see that it was well worth the money. Two complete books and a guide with detail and research to back up the work.
The kids love doing it. I'm currently using it with 8-11 year old children with SEN and they are really enjoying it. I like the format and it's easy to use.

Trickster Makes This World: Mischief, Myth and Art
Trickster Makes This World: Mischief, Myth and Art
by Lewis Hyde

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Non-Fiction I've read in a long time., 2 May 2010
I have just finished writing a (slightly gushy) email to Lewis Hyde to tell him how amazing I think he is. As far as this book goes, I have genuinely never read anything better on the subject of Tricksters. I have been looking for this book for a long time without realising it existed.
The author is incredibly intelligent and leads you down paths of logic and exploration that will leave anyone interested in myth/tricksters with their jaw hanging open and a smile on thier face. I love this book. The wisdom and depth of the text is incredible.
I adore tricksters. And I have spent a long time researching them. This is something that has completely changed how I view some of the elements of what it is to be a Trickster.
I can't rave enough.
Fantastic!! Buy it!!

Beaver and Steve: A Shoeful of Trouble
Beaver and Steve: A Shoeful of Trouble
by James Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoeful of Joy!, 4 May 2006
This book is pure wonder, imagination and joy!

Full of incredible characters, beautiful and whimsical comic illustrations and complete comic genius to read!

James Turner is a very talented young man who needs to be encouraged to create more of this fantastic addtion to my comic collection.

I grew to love Beaver and Steve online but now I can own them for myself!

Pure Comedy Gold!

The Owl Woman
The Owl Woman
by Elen Sentier

5.0 out of 5 stars Otherworldly wonder, 4 Mar. 2006
This review is from: The Owl Woman (Paperback)
I adore this book. There is so much in it. The characters are amazingly real, you really get a sense of who they are. I particularly like the use of Magic and wonder in everyday life, which is my favourite type of writing, bringing together the beautiful aspects of nature as well as the mysterious. The plot is thrilling, I stayed up all night to finish it! It's a warm novel, full of real people who talk, think, act and live like real people. They are characters I will remember forever. The author has a wicked sense of humour and a beautiful way with words. This book is shaped with care and full of wonderful moments. I would recommend it to anyone who looks at a forest or a well and sees more...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3