Profile for Steven Farkas > Reviews

Content by Steven Farkas

Steven Farkas (Oxford, UK)

Dawn of the Dumb: Dispatches from the Idiotic Frontline
Dawn of the Dumb: Dispatches from the Idiotic Frontline
by Charlie Brooker

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud funny, 25 Nov 2008
As a devoted fan of Brooker's weekly column in the Guardian weekend supplement I knew I would have seen some of these columns however that didn't put me off buying it. Often his cutting use of sarcasm will still make you spit out your tea on the 4th or 5th read. No target is off limits - 9/11 conspirators, Reality TV (especially Reality TV), minor celebrities, major celebrities - no one is safe from Brooker's rage!

Not just for fans - he will make you laugh...unless you seriously think Big Brother is a fantastic TV program :)

JBL Control One 2-Way Satellite Loudspeakers - Black
JBL Control One 2-Way Satellite Loudspeakers - Black
Offered by Richer Sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little speakers, 25 Nov 2008
I just received these a few days ago and I have to say I am blown away. I needed to downgrade to small bookshelf speakers and did a fair amount of research before opting for the JBL Control 1's - and I have not been disappointed!

The clarity of sound is (in my opinion) unbelievable - much better than any speaker I have even owned previously. Although its worth noting that I am not a HiFi enthusiast, just someone who likes music!

As another reviewer has already said the bass these little boxes produce belies their small form factor. For the price there is nothing out there that comes anywhere close to the JBL's at the moment. The fact that this range has been going since the 80's and has no sign of slowing down is testament to their quality. Look up in any pub you're in, and you'll probably see these - they are quality.

The only negative, and this is me being pedantic is the plastic casing - I wish they were a little more aesthetically pleasing. That being said you don't buy speakers to look at, and these aren't bad looking by any stretch of the imagination.

a well deserved 5 stars for this product

Project 1950
Project 1950

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 4 Aug 2003
This review is from: Project 1950 (Audio CD)
I bought this album and I have to say I was not disappointed. My finger never went near the skip button and tracks like "Diana" and "Runaway" are great covers and typically Misfits.

Its nothing ground breaking, but its a very fun listen and a worthwhile addition to any misfits fans library..