Profile for Tony336 > Reviews

Content by Tony336

Tony336 "Tony336" (linconshire UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Full Moonlight (A Dick Moonlight Thriller)
Full Moonlight (A Dick Moonlight Thriller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative, 23 Feb. 2014
Not the usual Moonlight thriller . Here we have a story of werewolves and corpses . I enjoyed it for what it is and that is a novella to entertain.

Still Bleeding (Jack Nightingale short story)
Still Bleeding (Jack Nightingale short story)

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack kept busy., 15 Feb. 2014
In this this story we see that Jack is kept busy when he isn't fighting demons . This time he investigates a case of Stigmata and handles it with his usual flair.

Selected Poems of Christina Rossetti (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
Selected Poems of Christina Rossetti (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
by Christina Rossetti

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad times, 15 Feb. 2014
I bought this for a gift, the person given it said it was sad but good . I never saw it .

Lastnight: The 5th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller
Lastnight: The 5th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Where to now ?, 29 Jan. 2014
In this the fifth book about Jack Nightingale Jack is called in by the police to help them solve the mystery why Goths are being killed .Jack is considered to be odd and to dabble in unusual cases . The police don't like him but have a grudging respect for his knowledge . This is really just a murder mystery book ,and it is not until the final pages that anything supernatural occurs . Time and again I had the feeling I was reading something that I had read before , and it got confusing when some of the characters well known to Jack never knew who he was . That is because Jack has fiddled about with time in the previous books . And you can't really read this as a stand alone book because it wouldn't make sense. Jack has a great old house in the country which he inherited and is why he has the knowledge about witchcraft and the dark side by virtue of the enormous unique library of books on the occult. At the conclusion of this book that is all destroyed and Jack is declared dead , so I can't see where the author would go next . He would need to write a thicker book and explain the state of the timeline . As i was very confused and kept referring back to the previous four volumes .. Even then I found the book muddled .
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 5:54 PM BST

Almo Nature Daily Menu in Tetra Chicken & Turkey
Almo Nature Daily Menu in Tetra Chicken & Turkey
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog delight., 23 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog was a bit reluctant at first to eat this but I left it in his bowl and he soon got a taste for it . He likes a bit of variety so this is ideal to give now and then .I expect he feels as though I am experimenting but if he doesn't like anything he won't eat it .The acid test I suppose. Anyway, I recommend it .It would have got 5 stars if he broke down the door to get at it !

Impeding Justice (Justice series Book 2)
Impeding Justice (Justice series Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars writing by rote, 23 Jan. 2014
I came to this book after reading the first in the series . I hoped that I would find more of an adventure story than I saw in book one . The author tries hard to make us like the main character likeable but she is seemingly invulnerable and I wondered if I was reading about wonder woman! She is certainly the boss and has everybody including her superiors giving in to her demands . The story in this book and the first one are based on every cop story you have ever read and our heroine always comes out on top . She is up against, a tough top of his game, ex SAS officer and although he outwits her ,you just know she will come out on top further down the line . I won't know though because I like my heroes male and flawed , so I won't be reading anymore from this author.

Mini 2" Brown Handle Non Locking Knife on Keyring
Mini 2" Brown Handle Non Locking Knife on Keyring
Offered by carp-corner

5.0 out of 5 stars cutting edge, 14 Jan. 2014
I wanted a knife to keep on my keyring so bought this. It has a blade of high quality and takes an edge. It is small and surely nobody could class it as an offensive weapon . Recommended.

Short Shockers: Collection Two
Short Shockers: Collection Two

5.0 out of 5 stars The master at work ., 8 Jan. 2014
I like Peter James's work and the stories here are worthy additions to his other work .Some of the stories are short , some only one page but all good .

PaperPro StandOut Stapler - Blue
PaperPro StandOut Stapler - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy help, 27 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very nice addition to the desk top and is ergonomically shaped for easy use . I find it indispensable now .The action is firm and you don't have to use much effort . Recommended .

Short Shockers
Short Shockers

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and spicy., 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Short Shockers (Kindle Edition)
A pretty good collection of short ( some very short) stories some factual .and others based on fact and some fiction which I enjoyed .
Of course Peter James is a master at his craft .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16