Profile for Tony336 > Reviews

Content by Tony336

Tony336 "Tony336" (linconshire UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
A Killing Winter
A Killing Winter
by Tom Callaghan

4.0 out of 5 stars A different look ., 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: A Killing Winter (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a novel with a difference . It is set in a former Soviet Union state and follows a police inspector as he sets about solving the murders of what turns out to be several young women . There is horror here as the murdered girls have had their embryos taken from one body and placed into another .The inspector seems to be a decent man but he is surrounded by corrupt police and politicians . That he does as well as he does and finally triumphs is testament to his innate goodness and conscience . He has his own demons to fight and you wonder where he finds the strength to carry on . Carry on he does though and ultimately one finds oneself wishing him well and rooting for him .
This has very vivid descriptions of violence and gore so don't expect to sleep well after reading it . However, I strongly recommend this book and will look out for further works by the author .

Bakers Dentacrunch Chicken & Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food, 1 kg, Pack of 4
Bakers Dentacrunch Chicken & Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food, 1 kg, Pack of 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy goodness., 21 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a small kibble food which seems to be reasonably well liked by my dog. He took a good sniff at the first serving and proceeded to eat it . However, I put some of his usual food down and he went straight to that . A compromise has now been reached where I give him a mixture of both and he seems quite happy . I am not sure that I will carry on giving him this if he seems reluctant to eat it but we will just have to see.

Elasticated Waist Casual Rugby Trousers Navy Blue 46W - Short
Elasticated Waist Casual Rugby Trousers Navy Blue 46W - Short
Offered by Paramount Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid., 15 Mar. 2015
These fit well and are comfortable . I would buy again from this seller and recommend the goods and the service.

An Ill Wind: Cyrus Kane 1
An Ill Wind: Cyrus Kane 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing ., 15 Mar. 2015
Cyrus Kane ,a detective Inspector from the Metropolitan Police. thinks he is having a quiet Christmas in a rented cottage in Cornwall. The way things head after his arrival soon put paid to that . There is a terrible storm going on when he arrives and things take a grim turn when the place floods and body parts appear . The local police are understaffed and it befalls Cyrus to investigate . This is a good book and written by Tim Ellis who is a master of suspense , Read other reviews for more details if you must ,but I recommend that you buy this , you won't be disappointed .

Comma SLA1L 1L Super Antifreeze and Coolant Concentrated - Red
Comma SLA1L 1L Super Antifreeze and Coolant Concentrated - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars A good thing., 4 Mar. 2015
As I already had red anti-freeze in my car's system I decided to use this ,plus it is concentrated thus you are not paying for a diluted product . I would expect to use this in another car whatever its colour . It does a good job and I recommend it .

Deceit is in the Heart: (Parish & Richards 15)
Deceit is in the Heart: (Parish & Richards 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars The good reading flows, 1 Mar. 2015
This is the latest in the story of the cases and life of Detective Inspector Parish and his able assistant DC Mary Richards who is also Parishe's adopted daughter.
These are great stories and Tim Ellis is one of my favourite authors.I won't go into the plot ,but I recommend you to start from the first book and follow the pair as they progress and you will also like the parallel story lines in the books of other characters . To say they lead a hazardous life is to put it mildly !

Igenix IG3202 2 Slice Polished and Brushed Stainless Steel Finish with Stylish Blue Illuminations on Controls

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for sliced bread ., 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a modern looking and quite large two slice toaster. It has buttons for cancel and for reheat as well as a defrost button for frozen bread . I found that ordinary sliced bread was very evenly toasted at about 3and a half on the setting control . However , crumpets are another thing . They get stuck down and I had to use a knife to release them . Make sure you turn the toaster off at the wall when doing that .The same applies to unsliced bread . There is no facility to toast one side as a bagel would need and the extra lift mechanism does not lift more than about half an inch . Having been a bit negative , this is a good quality item and handles bread that most of us use daily . But I would not recommend this to those who use wholemeal or seeded bread .

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Offered by Alex Shanks Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective., 11 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very effective product that whitens items that may be looking grey. I found that it brightens coloured articles too.So this is recommended by me and as it comes in a big container it should last a long time .

Holy Spy: The New John Shakespeare
Holy Spy: The New John Shakespeare
by Rory Clements

5.0 out of 5 stars Foul deeds., 29 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have read the Shardlake series by C J Sansom and thoroughly enjoyed them .So I was not sure that anyone else could write such gripping stories.
However' Rory Clements has done with the Elizabethan era what Sansom does with Henry Tudor's days.This is the first in the John Shakespeare series I have read and a jolly good read it is too.The author brings those days to life and we follow the adventures of Shakespeare who is an early secret agent working via Sir Francis Walsingham for the Queen. This has him infiltrating a group of Catholics who want to kill the Queen and establish Mary Queen of Scots on the English throne. At the same time Walsingham is trying to capture Mary and execute her. So John has his work cut out as he is also trying to clear a former lover from a murder charge . Courtly love and homosexuality are all in the mix so there is never a dull moment . There are twists a'plenty and you will have to read the book to find out what transpires . I recommend this and will be reading other books in the series.

Noza Tec 4.3 Inch GPS Sat Nav Navigation System Navigator Touch Screen Free UK EU AU Maps
Offered by Bailun Best Sell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much good., 24 Jan. 2015
I bought this because my Garmin sat-nav needed its maps updating . I am not going to say much about this as I have already wasted enough time on the blessed thing . Why manufacturers feel they need to add all sorts of apps such as as a music player to a sat nav is beyond me . I mean you can't just enter a post code and let the thing take you there . You have to muck about entering the address and the post code MIGHT pop up .And another thing , how the hell do you update the maps ? You are led a merry dance around the web when trying to do that . I have gone back to the Garmin ,and this thing is in my garage probably never to re-emerge .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15