Profile for hippypixie > Reviews

"hippypixie"

Psychedelia and the Underground
Psychedelia and the Underground
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better psychedelic compilations available!, 22 Nov. 2004
A great start with 'White rabbit' the classic and haunting track by Jefferson Airplane one of the most inspirational bands of the 1960s, and it continues in the same vein giving the listener a real taste of all that was great and original about the psychedelic scene in the 1960s.
Some awesome tracks make this album a fabulous choice for anyone getting into psychedelic music. It is a mixed batch of soungs, some better known than others but everyone of them sure to get you going! The Syndicate of Sound and Moby Grapes tracks being two of my personal favourites on this compilation, you are sure to find a track on here that you will want to play over and over again!
This was one of the first psychedelic compilations I bought and it has led me on to expand my collection further and was the trigger for my great love of psychedelic music that I still have.
Highly recommended!

Miller's Art Nouveau and Art Deco Buyer's Guide (Miller's buyer's guide)
Miller's Art Nouveau and Art Deco Buyer's Guide (Miller's buyer's guide)
by Judith Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars A good guide for beginners, 18 Nov. 2003
Knowing nothing at all about this period except that I very much like the things that I have seen, I bought this book as a guide to help me start my collection.
It has some wonderful photographs of incredible pieces, and realistic price listings to give the reader an idea of what they will have to pay should they wish to start a collection (I soon realised that I cant afford it!).
It is a nicely presented book, with very little writing however, lovely pictures with a little written about each one, but as a beginner I am not sure that it will be of much use to me other than as a price guide. A little more information about how to spot fakes and reproductions would have been helpful.
All in all it is an attractive book and a nice addition to my bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jeevas Rock!!, 18 Nov. 2003
This review is from: 1234 (Audio CD)
No they are not Kula Shaker, but they ARE brilliant! I have seen them play live and they are as good live as they are on cd. The fantastic 'Virginia' is so addictive that you have to listen to it again and again!
Yup, this is dance in your living room whilest trying to do the housework rockin music!
The whole album is full of vitality and fun, a joy to listen to. I cant believe anyone would not enjoy owning this cd.

Cowboys and Indians
Cowboys and Indians
Offered by barneys_cds

5.0 out of 5 stars Crispian does it again!!, 7 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Cowboys and Indians (Audio CD)
WOW!!! Having just returned recently from seeing The Jeevas play live I cant stop listening to this amazing CD. It is different from Kula Shaker, but still full of the raw energy and originality that fans have come to expect from Crispian Mills.
You can not help but stop what you are doing and listen to this CD, 'How Much Do You suck?' is bound to raise a smile, and 'Black and Blue' is compulsive forget yourself and leap around the room like a fool music. 'Stoned Love' will rock your socks!
Joining up with Andy Nixon(drums) and Dan Mckinna(bass) was a good move as the band are sooooo tight and so talented, and share a sense of fun which shines through in their music.Not many of todays bands are as original and fresh as The Jeevas.
See them live and they will happily mingle with fans after the gig! Basically they love what they do, they are a REAL band, going back to how things used to be years back, not afraid to play live, and not above chatting to fans. If you enjoy hearing a band enjoying themselves and playing for the sheer joy of making music then this is the CD for you.
Well worth a listen and a great bonus to any cd collection...BUY IT!

Che-ez! Spy-Z Ultra-compact Digital Camera [0.3MP]
Che-ez! Spy-Z Ultra-compact Digital Camera [0.3MP]

3.0 out of 5 stars The opinion of a first time digital camera user, 31 Jan. 2003
I must confess, I bought this little camera because it was so cheap and I know very little about digital cameras.
Having now had time to play about with it I am fairly pleased with its performance. It was very easy to install and I was able to use it straight away.
Considering that it is so tiny, it is able to do alot of things! I have even been able to connect it up to my pc and use it as a web cam or to film and record things.
I use it alot to photograph items to sell at on line auctions and it has proved very useful for this purpose.
The downside is that it only works in good light as it has no flash, and even in a daylit room it refuses to take a picture unless you are very close to a light source. Hence, I usually find myself taking my auction items outside to photograph them!
Another problem is that this camera would be no good at all to take on holiday with you, as you have to download the images onto your pc within six hours or else the battery runs out and the images are lost.However, it is fine to use if you are going out for the day or, like me,taking alot of photos for auctions or such-like.
Having had that little moan, I must say that, for its price and very small size, it is quite an incredible little device and I am very glad I bought it.