Profile for Jack Malcolmson > Reviews

Content by Jack Malcolmson

Jack Malcolmson "Jack" (Gloucester, United Kingdom)

RED SLIM MESH HOLE AIR VENT HARD CASE FOR BOLD 9700 & 9780 COVER/SKIN BLACKBERRY

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 27 Nov 2012
When I placed my order for this product I wasn't expecting the world; many of the cases I have ordered in the past seriously lack in the build quality area.

So when this item did arrive I was pleasantly surprised at the fit, Sure the edges were a little sharp, and the case could have a been a tiny bit tighter - But it looked great and fitted the device like a glove.

Unlike some hard cases getting it on and off was super easy.

Very happy with it.

Haribo Chamallows Bag 160 g (Pack of 12)
Haribo Chamallows Bag 160 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, 27 Nov 2012
It would appear to me that I am the first reviewer of this product who isn't a vegetarian - so that factor didn't bother me.

The reason I bought this large box off of Amazon is that in none of my local stores could I find this delicious Marshmallow product!

The price at the time of purchase was £11 and this also meant that it was significantly cheaper than any store I had previously seen it in.

All in all great buy! Comes in a retail box with a folding front, which is nice (if that's what you're looking for!)

Yousave Accessories PU Leather Flip Case for iPhone 5 - Black
Yousave Accessories PU Leather Flip Case for iPhone 5 - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm.., 27 Nov 2012
I bought this case within the first couple of weeks of owning my sparkly new iPhone 5.

and I have to say that I was slightly disappointed with many 'features' of the case.

First and foremost when I opened up the packaging was that it smelled horrendous - a horrible plastic odour that I could smell from the other side of the room. This case does a poor job at mimicking 'Leather' and the faux suede interior flakes leaving small black particles on the phone - hard to tell if it would actually protect the device or damage it more.

Because of the length of the iPhone when you have the case open the whole device is approx. 25cm long - not comfortable for text at all! "Fold it over!" you might say. You can't. the case doesn't offer this feature.

All in all it was safe to say that I would never actually use this case. I suppose it would provide adequate screen protection, but the bulky design and cheap build quality doesn't complement the device.

Clearly you just get what you pay for.

SanDisk SDSDU-016G-U46 16 GB Ultra 30 MB/s Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Label May Change)
Offered by GizzmoHeaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card at a great price!, 27 Nov 2012
What can I say about this Card?

For starters it represents great value for money; I paid around £8 and not only was this one of the cheapest 16gb cards that I could find, but it was also one of the fastest - being a Class 10 card.

This SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SD vs my old class 6 SD is a huge improvement in terms of record speed on my Nikon D3000 - The image buffer on the camera fills at a much slower pace than before and I can maintain maximum FPS for longer.

I haven't tried this card with Video yet, but I can say that the read speed from my Desktop PC is far faster than my previous SD.

So all round this Card offers good storage, good speed and good durability for an amazing price.

Nokia Lumia 800/ Lumia 620 / Lumia 610 Real Genuine Leather Pocket Case PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by Terrapin Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars It protects my phone!, 10 Jan 2011
You can argue that it isn't leather - it doesn't 100% feel like it, but that doesn't matter the product fits my phone perfectly & has a small strap that pulls the phone out the case. Very good quality for the price (though some wear & tear showing already!)

Hama Economy UV Filter 52mm
Hama Economy UV Filter 52mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap way to protect your Lens!, 10 Jan 2011
To put it simply, it protects your lens from Dust & scratches! Don't replace your £150 lens, replace your £5 filter!

Lenspen LP-1 Original
Lenspen LP-1 Original
Offered by Gadget Career

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but flawed design., 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: Lenspen LP-1 Original (Camera)
I purchased the Lenspen in hope that it would solve the problem of dust on my Nikon D3000's lens.

The pen came in a sealed box & I took it out straight away. From first appearances the pen had a Brush on one end (with no cap, allowing dust into the brush head) and the 'Pen' end, a small self-replenishing head.. I found this end particularly helpful, it removed fingerprints with minimal fuss or problems! The same cannot be said for the brush, it only adds more dust!

All-in-All a good product for anyone needing a compact and portable solution to clean DSLR Lenses, though the brush design is a major flaw and brings the review down to 3*

Jack.

Wireless IR Remote Control for Nikon 1 V2 V1 J3 J2 J1 S1 D600 D7100 D7000 D5300 D5200 D5100 D5000 D3200 Coolpix P7700 P7100 P7000 8800 8400 as ML-L3.
Offered by BV-electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Great & Cheap remote, 10 Jan 2011
I purchased this remote to accompany the Nikon D3000 I received this Christmas, the product came in a new box & also included was a working battery - which was a nice surprise!

I set my Camera to the 'Quick Remote' shutter release mode & sure enough this little gadget worked! No hassle or fuss. Build quality feels good.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a cheaper alternative to Nikon's £15 remote.