ARRAY(0xaef50d68)

Profile for Neil H > Reviews

Content by Neil H

Neil H (Livingston, Scotland)

Graphite Lock Lubricant
Graphite Lock Lubricant
Offered by RC COMPONENTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Graphite Lock Lubricant
Had problems with both the mortice and Yale locks on my front door sticking. Not knowing any better I tried using grease to fix them which only made things worse. Did a bit of research on the internet and discovered that graphite was the best thing to use. I gave the locks a thorough clean and applied some of this stuff, now they work better than when they were new. Just be careful when applying it as it can be very messy and could easily stain carpets or clothing.

Buffalo MiniStation Slim 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - Black
Buffalo MiniStation Slim 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 20 Oct 2012
Bought it with a TeckNet USB 3.0 PCI Express Interface USB 3.0 Dual Expansion Card (Molex Splitter NOT included) for backing up my PC. First impressions are very good and typical file transfer speeds are about 105 Mb/s compared to 26 Mb/s using other USB 2.0 drives. This reduced the time for a complete backup of my PC from 4hrs 55mins to 1hr 40mins. It's also very quiet in operation.

The drive comes with some useful software which the user can choose to install. I particularly like the Eco Manager which you can set to put the drive into sleep mode after a specified time. This means that I can leave it connected to my PC and it will power down when not in use, which should hopefully prolong it's life.

Some people have commented that the cable is too short. It's about 45cm, which is the same length as those supplied with Western Digital and Freecom external hard drives I have, and long enough for my needs.

The only slight criticism I have is that the drive doesn't sit squarely on it's four small rubber pads, which can sometimes cause it to vibrate when sitting on top of my PC. This is a bit annoying, particularly as one of the reasons I chose it over a similarly specced, and cheaper, Hitachi model was because the Hitachi doesn't have any rubber pads. I would probably knock off half a star because of this if I could.

TeckNet® USB 3.0 PCI Express Interface USB 3.0 Dual Expansion Card With 5V 4-Pin Power Connector for Desktops, 24 Month UK Warranty
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly., 20 Oct 2012
Bought it to use with a recently purchased Buffalo MiniStation Slim 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - Black that I use for backing up my PC. The card and drivers installed easily in my Dell Windows 7 PC and I had my Buffalo MiniStation up and running over USB 3.0 in about 15 minutes. The card did not need an additional power supply.

File transfer speeds are about 105 Mb/s using USB 3.0 compared to 26 Mb/s over USB 2.0. This cut the time for a full backup of my PC from 4hrs 55mins to 1hr 40mins.

Cannot comment on long-term reliability but initial impressions are very good and I would happily have paid more given the improvement in file transfer speeds.

Litecraft - Chrome Table Lamp Round Base
Litecraft - Chrome Table Lamp Round Base

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 1 Oct 2011
Someone had reviewed this lamp in a different colour on Amazon and were unhappy with it as it took screw-in bulbs and had the larger size lamp shade holder. This actually helped me as it was exactly what I was looking for to replace a faulty Ikea lamp, as I'd bought a supply of E27 screw-in bulbs and needed the larger size lamp shade holder so I could use the shade from the faulty lamp.

I ordered it late on Wednesday night and it arrived on Friday and was very well packaged. The lamp itself is exactly as described and first impressions suggest that it is of good quality.

I think it's worth pointing out that Litecraft also sell another version of this lamp which takes the smaller size E14 screw-in bulbs.

FoneM8 - HTC Desire PREMIUM Dedicated Windscreen Mount Car Holder Kit INCLUDES Car Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 2 May 2011
This review is really only for the Car Holder as, due to previous comments about the charger not supplying enough power, I decided to buy a separate genuine HTC charger, which I should add, works perfectly for using the sat nav and charging the phones battery at the same time.

I've been using the holder for about 5 months now and haven't had any problems with it. It was easy to assemble and looks and feels like a quality product. I stuck it to the windscreen of my Vectra when I bought it and it has remained there ever since, despite being used in temperatures ranging from -15C to +20C. It holds the phone securely and hasn't scratched or damaged it in any way. I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone looking for a car holder for their HTC Desire. An excellent product.