Profile for Ruby Morgan > Reviews

Content by Ruby Morgan

Ruby Morgan "RubyM" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars I also would have liked to know more about the emotional story of Philomena, 19 Feb. 2015
I know it's a true story, but as a read this just felt too long. I also would have liked to know more about the emotional story of Philomena. It concentrates a lot on the son's life, which is very interesting - but I think it was missing the mothers side, which is confusing as the title is a little misleading in that case.

Slaughterhouse-Five
Slaughterhouse-Five

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love this, but unfortunately it just wasn't for me, 19 Feb. 2015
I wanted to love this, but unfortunately it just wasn't for me. I can't really put my finger on why though- which isn't great for writing a review! But, I think the jumping between times/places style just didn't work for me in this particular story. I kept thinking that there was something more to happen, and it just didn't. I felt kinda numb/bored/frustrated reading this.

Fahrenheit 451 (Flamingo Modern Classics)
Fahrenheit 451 (Flamingo Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the style of this, 19 Feb. 2015
I loved the style of this, some wonderful sentences that you have to read over and over again just to get the full enjoyment out of them. I do like a good distopian book and so far this is one of my favourites.

Venus in Furs
Venus in Furs

2.0 out of 5 stars but close enough) and so I was disappointed. Perhaps if I had had different expectations I ..., 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Venus in Furs (Kindle Edition)
I bought this after it appeared in a list of Top Kinky Books.... (that wasn't the actual title, but close enough) and so I was disappointed. Perhaps if I had had different expectations I might have enjoyed it more. It is an interesting look at the darker sides of S+M personalities.

The Autobiography of a Flea
The Autobiography of a Flea

3.0 out of 5 stars and therefore boring. Some of it is also quite laughable, 19 Feb. 2015
I started reading this and I admit my temperature rose within the first few pages, but it quickly becomes repetitive, and therefore boring. Some of it is also quite laughable. The concentration here is of course on the sex with little else to keep it going (storyline/plot/characterisation for example). It's a shame really, why can't we have both? I'd say give the book a go. It's not bad, and you can always dip into it when you feel the need ;-)

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars But in saying that I still quite enjoyed it and it did make me giggle out loud ..., 21 Oct. 2014
I only gave this 3 stars because it's not really my kind of read. But in saying that I still quite enjoyed it and it did make me giggle out loud at the beginning.

The Woman in White
The Woman in White

5.0 out of 5 stars The mysterious Woman in White had me gripped from the ..., 21 Oct. 2014
The mysterious Woman in White had me gripped from the very beginning, I even found myself reading holding my breath at points! It does get a little frustratingly drawn out towards the end, but all in all it is one of those "un-putdownable" reads.

Gray Areas
Gray Areas

5.0 out of 5 stars which I think is what makes a good book a great book, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Gray Areas (Kindle Edition)
Dark, quirky, intriguing and engaging. More people should read short stories, and more people should pick up this little gem! One of those reads that leaves you wanting more, which I think is what makes a good book a great book. Would definitely recommend!

The Men Who Stare At Goats
The Men Who Stare At Goats

2.0 out of 5 stars Messy writing, interesting points, 3 Sept. 2014
Interesting, but messy writing. Bit of a jumbled chaotic headache as it jumps around a great deal between years, events and people. It's like the writer just got so excited and spewed everything out onto paper, swirled it around and just went "finished!". Could have used some editing me thinks.

Lysistrata
Lysistrata

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lysistrata (Kindle Edition)
Witty