Profile for Chris Tarbet > Reviews

Content by Chris Tarbet

Chris Tarbet "Kris" (Cardiff, Wales, UK)

Voulez-Vous
Voulez-Vous
Price: 6.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ABBA album. One of the best, 1 Nov 2007
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
'Voulez-Vous' is the ABBA album that is full of disco tracks. It is so energetic and thoroughly enjoyable to listen to. These 24-bit remastering CD's are simply amazing indeed. My favourite track from this album is 'Angeleyes.' It has the best beat out of all the songs on 'Voulez-Vous.' I also love 'As Good As New', 'Kisses of Fire', 'Does Your Mother Know', 'If It wasn't For The Nights', 'I Have A Dream' and 'The King Has Lost His Crown.'

I also enjoy the bonus tracks featured on 'Voulez-Vous.' 'Lovelight' was the B-side to 'Chiquitita' when the single was released. 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)' is magnificent' and the same goes to 'Summer Night City.' A Fantastic album

Abba
Abba
Price: 6.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful, enjoyable ABBA album!!!, 29 Sep 2007
This review is from: Abba (Audio CD)
1. Mamma Mia - An ABBA classic. Definetly a good way to open the album 'ABBA.' Superb No1!!! (5/5)

2. Hey Hey Helen - Its a glitter rock genius! Strange and daft lyrics, but overall its a catchy track. (4/5)

3. Tropical Loveland - It can be known for quite a ridiculous song, but 'Tropical Loveland' has got good charisma and vocals. (4/5)

4. SOS - ABBA's 2nd top ten hit after 'Waterloo' is beautifully sung by Agnetha. A romantic chorus and good keyboard flicks. (5/5)

5. Man in the Middle - The B-side to 'SOS.' Bjorn sings in a rather funky or jazzy style to this underated gem. Fab vocals, perharps a little daft. (4/5)

6. Bang-A-Bommerang - Amazing song all about love. A really cheerful and happy song. The girls voices are nice and clear, too. This should have been a hit. (5/5)

7. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do - Reached No38 in the British Charts. Odd , deep vocals from the girls in this, but the music arrangements are still at a good standard. (4/5)

8. Rock Me - The B-side to 'I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do', but I think 'Rock Me' could have been a hit itself. A very chilling song. Bjorn's vocal is good and his gitar flicks are very steady. A great song. (5/5)

9. Intermezzo No 1 - Superb instrumental piece performed by the brilliant Benny. It is quite catchy in some ways and in other ways its fantastic arrangement. (4/5)

10. I've Been Waiting For You - Beautiful love ballad by Agnetha. It was a hit itself in one country for it is a soothing, romantic lovesong. Great!!! (5/5)

11. So Long - Brilliant guitar flicks in this. The girls voices are quite unusual but its very different. Cool chorus, too! (5/5)

12. Crazy World (Bonus Track) - Slow and furtile ballad sung by Bjorn. Although not an extremely clear lyric, it has a fab flow to the music. (4/5)

13. Medley: Pick A Bale Of Cotton, On Top Of Old Smokey, Midnight Special - Traditional folk songs but together in a catchy medley performed by ABBA. Became the B-side of 'Summer Night City' in late '78. (4/5)

Abba - The Singles Collection 1972-1982: Singles Set
Abba - The Singles Collection 1972-1982: Singles Set
Offered by cdworld-ireland
Price: 94.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Singles!!!, 27 Sep 2007
Good album, but only for the singles fans. For No1 ABBA fans, you should buy 'ABBA- The Full Story', a CD with Fantastic selection of songs. It has;

1. People Need Love
7. Waterloo
8. Watch Out
9. Honey, Honey
10. Hasta Manana
11. Dance (While the Music Still Goes On)
12. So Long
34. Kisses Of Fire
35. Voulez-Vous
36. Angeleyes
37. If It Wasn't For the Nights
38. Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)
39. I Have A Dream
51. Slipping Through My Fingers
52. The Day Before You Came
53. Cassandra
54. Under Attack
55. Ring Ring (Swedish Version)
56. Waterloo (Swedish Version)
57. Honey, Honey (Swedish Version)

The Singles: The First Ten Years
The Singles: The First Ten Years

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 23 Sep 2007
Released in late 1982. 'The Singles: The First Ten Years' is an ABBA album for all avid ABBA collectors, which looks at a true story of the history of ABBA. This is my first ABBA album, which got me into the magicial world of ABBA. The only problem is, quite a few of ABBA's big singles aren't in this collection. 'Head Over Heels' is not counted, which is quite shocking. The other hit that they missed out was 'Angeleyes.' It had 'Voulez-Vous' but 'Angeleyes' was not a B-side. It was a double-A side, so they should show both tracks. 'Honey Honey' should have been included, and so should 'Lay All Your Love On Me', which was a superb single, reaching No7.
Although, it is still a great collection of massive ABBA singles. All 9 No1's are included, and so are 'The Day Before You Came ' and 'Under Attack.' If you are a massive ABBA collector, this is one to buy, and even if you're just a small ABBA fan, this is very helpful and makes you venture deeper into ABBA's amazing world.

Waterloo
Waterloo
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.23

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beginning of a fantastic ABBA history!!!!!!!, 22 Sep 2007
This review is from: Waterloo (Audio CD)
'Waterloo' is a fantastic ABBA album. All of its songs are simply amazing. My favourites are 'Dance (While The Music Still Goes on)' and 'Gonna Sing You My lovesong.' Allthe others are simply superb as well. ABBA were heading for better success in the future, but still, a fantastically put-together ABBA album. 'Waterloo' is another brilliant masterpiece thats beginning to catch the true meaning of the world of the best pop group of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Visitors
The Visitors
Price: 5.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Beautiful album. My favourite ABBA album!!!, 22 Sep 2007
This review is from: The Visitors (Audio CD)
It's shocking that some people say that 'The Visitors' is a bad ABBA album, it is not BAD. It Is infact their best. It is simply magicial and beautifully organised. No silly tracks like 'king kong song' or 'Dum Dum Diddle', this is serious stuff! ABBA really knew what they were doing and it was a fantastic way to end their fantastic career. 'The Visitors' is a amazingly fantastic album. A true winner!!!!! my favourite track is the heart-breaking 'One Of Us', which was a massive hit in the British charts. An extremely touching lyric. It's B-side, 'Should I Laugh Or Cry' is a bonus track on this allbum. It's a dark song, but an excellent one. 'When All Is Said And done' is also a true masterpiece. 'I let The Music Speak' is SOOOOOOOOO beautiful. A touching ballad. I also love 'Head Over Heels', 'Soliders', 'Slipping Throush My Fingers', 'Cassandra',' Under Attack', 'Two For The Price Of One', 'Like An Angel Passing Through My Room', 'The day before You Came' and 'The Visitors', which are all on this beauty of an ABBA album. The Order that the tracks are arranged in are simply lovely, and even the darker songs on 'The Visitors' are superbly magicial. It's a shame that all the other ABBA albums weren't as dark and mysterious and fantastic as 'The Visitors.' This isn't just the best ABBA album, but it's a true legend of my life. All the songs bring back childhood memories to me, and my copy of 'The Visitors' CD I will cherish forever. WHAT A MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!