Profile for lowriser > Reviews

Content by lowriser

lowriser

Lonely Planet Florence Encounter (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Florence Encounter (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

3.0 out of 5 stars Not if you're on a budget, 15 Aug 2011
This is a pocket sized book. Probably not if you're on a budget, although not much in Florence is! We got a couple of good recommendations for restaurants out of it but found we used the full sized Rough Guide (lent to us by a friend) much more, particularly if you want detailed guidance in churches and museums.

Art in Renaissance Italy 1350-1500 (Oxford History of Art)
Art in Renaissance Italy 1350-1500 (Oxford History of Art)
by Evelyn Welch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 15 Aug 2011
Good use of images here. As a first reader about renaissance art, an excellent choice. Bought and read this before I visited Florence and glad I did.

BIPRA Protective EVA Case for 2.5 inch WD/Seagate/Toshiba/Clickfree/Portable External Hard Drives

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 28 Feb 2011
I bought this to go with a Seagate Freeagent GoFlex 500GB and it didn't disappoint. Fits perfectly.Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500GB USB 2.0 Ultra-portable External Hard Drive - Silver Would recommend both.

Karlsson Wall Clock Station Steel Polished
Karlsson Wall Clock Station Steel Polished

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 28 Feb 2011
I spent ages looking at hundreds of different clocks. This one doesn't have smooth second hand motion but it doesn't make an infuriating noise (though it is not silent, there is a click as each second passes). Looks great and decent price.

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500 GB USB 2.0 Ultra-portable External Hard Drive - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 28 Feb 2011
I bought this to back up my Macbook Pro. This one seemed to have good reviews while other rival products really had patchy reviews.
Some initial difficulties where I had to refer to their website and even then I didn't really understand if I was doing the right thing. But I worked it out after a few minutes and I am now both using TImeMachine as well as drag and drop facility on the same hard drive.
The main worry with these types of hard drives seems to be how long it takes for them to give up the ghost! Only had mine a month so can't claim total success yet but very pleased so far! Would recommend.