Profile for Mr. D. S. Wheller > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. S. Wheller

Mr. D. S. Wheller "Doug88888" (UK)

Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS Slim Portable External USB 2.0 DVDRW - Black
Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS Slim Portable External USB 2.0 DVDRW - Black
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, good value, works great with Apple Macbook., 1 Feb 2014
This drive is powered by the USB cable to you computer. The Apple Macbook I have recognised the drive immediately and I was soon burning a CD to iTunes. For home use with a computer without an internal drive, this is all you need.

The price when I purchased this was 19.99, which is great value too. It looks good to with a metallic black lid.

Hill's Feline Mature Adult Senior 7 + Chicken Dry Mix 10 kg
Hill's Feline Mature Adult Senior 7 + Chicken Dry Mix 10 kg
Offered by Mr Pets
Price: 60.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy bulk and buy food the cat loves, 1 Feb 2014
My cat can't get enough of this food. She's would eat the whole 10kg bag if she could.

I buy one or two of these bags to get the best value and then store in the shed. The bag is very thick and durable, with a ziplock top to keep out unwanted visitors. I decant about 1kg into a smaller container to serve up to the cat.

Guccinari 59585 Slip On Mens Work Office Leather Formal Shoes (41, Tan )
Guccinari 59585 Slip On Mens Work Office Leather Formal Shoes (41, Tan )

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, I bought three pairs, 1 Feb 2014
These are well made, slightly paler brown than the picture, and comfortable to wear.

I loved them and now have three pairs. I think they are worth a try.

iPhone 4 4S Strong ArmBand Case Cover For SPORTS GYM BIKE CYCLE JOGGING, Tie Phone With Your Arm - by KING OF FLASH
Offered by KING OF FLASH
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value and convenient. Helps if you have a bicep, 1 Feb 2014
At 2.95, the arm band is already hard to beat.

I use for running in all weathers combined with Nike's running app (which is brilliant by the way). Its great to be able to interact with your iPhone through the waterproof screen.

I've seen some reviews complaining that the armband slip down the arm. My advice is to wrap the armband snuggly above the elbow, with your arm outstretched. Now when you bend your arm back up, your bicep expands and grips the case snuggly.

Great product.

Catit Senses Fresh and Clear Drinking Fountain with Water Softening Filter, 3 Litre
Price: 17.90

1.0 out of 5 stars How not to water your cat, 1 Feb 2014
Ok - I fell for this gimmick product. Why? Because I love my cat, because it was on sale, because it claimed health benefits, because it sounded like fun.

I've now tried the product and I have several concerns. After a week I concluded it was better to unplug the product and pack it back up.

My concerns are as follows:
- You have to have this fountain plugged in at all times. I care about my electricity bill.
- Water and Electricity don't really mix. I had to run the reasonably short cable from a socket to the fountain. I really didn't like the idea of my cat drinking from a wired product. I'm not confident that there isn't a risk from short circuit or water dripping along the the wire to the socket.
- The fountain isn't silent as some people claim. It hums. Depending on the floor surface it really hums.
- You are recommended to replace the filter every month. That means you're signing up to more bills as time goes by.
- The claims that this has heath benefits for the cat don't seem to be backed up with any science. British tap water is fine for cats before filtering. I drink it without filtering after all.
- Its surprisingly big and bulky, looking like a large white plastic plant pot on the floor with a drizzle of water coming off the top.

Overall, I can't recommend the Catit Drinking Fountain.

4 Pack 18mm Spring bar watch pins
4 Pack 18mm Spring bar watch pins
Offered by WG International
Price: 1.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what the doctor ordered., 1 Feb 2014
My watch broke - a Mondaine with a dodgy strap. I only needed one of these little fellas. It fit perfectly with a slight bit of fiddling. Save me a packet on visiting my local Timpsons. Try this route first.

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Strictly for the filthy minded, 1 Feb 2014
This is a simple card game, strictly for the filthy minded. If you have the sort of sense of humour where you can see the funny side of anything (and I mean anything), and you have a group of friends with similar tastes, then this will work for you.

Answers range from gross-out, cringe-making to plain horrific. All good fun in the right hands.

My recommendations:
- Make sure your friends are all open to really vile ideas in the name of humour.
- Play with at least six players, in teams of two. You get a great sense of extra laughs from whispering about which is the absolute sickest combination.
- Play late, and with some alcohol to loosen things up.
- Once you are feeling advanced, you can come up with your own answers too.

I've only played it once. I'm guessing the laughs would wear off with repeated plays.

The God Delusion
The God Delusion
by Richard Dawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Tipping the balance..., 29 Dec 2006
This review is from: The God Delusion (Hardcover)
For me, the reason for the popularity of Dawkin's book is obvious. The vocal, often intrusive, voice of religous supporters is so loud that, for many, it is difficult to hear any alternative views. This book bangs the atheist drum hard enough to allow those who want to hear an alternative to religion to hear it.

In a world where people are more likely to believe things that have little or no evidence supporting them (e.g. Aliens or God) rather than believe things with a substantial weight of evidence supporting them (e.g. evolution), it is timely to be reminded that atheism is not a dirty word. It is a valid and robust point of view.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2014 7:44 PM GMT