Profile for A. Vinnicombe > Reviews

Content by A. Vinnicombe

A. Vinnicombe (UK)

Page: 1 | 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to put together!, 22 July 2008
Having read the other ladies review on this I felt that I must also write one. She seemed to have enormous problems putting her bed together. We received ours very promptly (ordered it from woolworths) and within 30 minutes it was up and installed in the nursery. The only thing I can think of is that they must have improved the fitments for it as I cannot beleive that if the other ladies had the same fitments as ours that anyone would have a problem with it!

I have to agree that the paint finish could have been better though, ours had no bubbling and on the whole was pretty good but if I'd have painted it myself there were a couple of areas on it that I thought could have been a little smoother. However, once it was up it was very hard to see these unless you were inspecting it at close range and overall we are very happy with it.

Only other very minor point is that the sides of the cot with the mattress in the lowest position are lower than some so if your child is one to be prone to escaping you would need to probably change it to a bed around age 2 I should think. Our little girl is now 2.5yrs and is 89cm tall, smaller than most of her friends, the sides come to just above her waist. Thankfully she seems to understand once I explained to her that if she does "climbing" she will fall and it'll hurt! We shall be changing it to a bed very soon anyway so it's not that big a deal, just thought I'd mention it.

Overall, a very nice looking sturdy cotbed, very easy to put together and ours was a bargain at just £89.99! I'd also recommend the optional under bed drawer, very useful.

1 single Silly Billyz Newborn Bib in Girls Colour
1 single Silly Billyz Newborn Bib in Girls Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - look out for the sleeved versions!, 24 Nov. 2007
Excellent product, wash really well.

The sleeved versions for older children are even better, they wash beautifully, the backing doesn't rip when washed unlike lots of plastic backed bibs and they stop your little wearing it's dinner! Unfortunately it can't help make them eat it though :o)

Kipper's Box of Books
Kipper's Box of Books
by Mick Inkpen

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipper book block tower, 13 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Kipper's Box of Books (Hardcover)
I bought these for my little girl and she loves them. She has had them since she was a tiny baby and is now 17 months old. They are just the right size for small hands. Each book has about ten pages and they contain colours, counting, first words and I forget offhand what the fourth is! Even now she is older and she has about 40 books mostly due to a grandmother who is big on her learning to read she still likes these as one of her favourites despite the enormous range of pop-ups, flap books, books with sound sections etc etc that she has. Sometimes the simple things in life are the best! I would recommend these to anybody who has a small child, if they can pick things up they'll like these.

Tomy Clip Clop Cowboy
Tomy Clip Clop Cowboy

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy to aid crawling!, 21 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Tomy Clip Clop Cowboy (Toy)
This is an excellent toy to aid crawling, our little one reallly enjoyed this toy and it is easy to work for them. Press his head and off he goes. It is a bit of a boy toy but our baby is a girl and had had lots of fun out of it, my friend also bought one having seen ours as she thought it was great too.

The age range is incorrect, this is a babies toy, I'd say prob around 9 months. Also very expensive on here at almost £20, ours only cost £8.99 from the toy shop so shop around!

VTech Nursery Rhymes Book
VTech Nursery Rhymes Book
Offered by BestChoice

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy at a reasonable price, 21 Jun. 2007
My little girl has this and she loves it, the buttons are really easy for the children to work out and she sits and plays with it for some time. The pages are turned very easily as they large tabs that stick out the side to aid the little ones.

The actual music etc I don't find annoying, the only thing that irritates me about it is that every time it's opened it says "it's nursery rhyme time" in a sing song voice.

Having said that my little one gets a lot of fun out of it and so do her friends when they visit, I'd recommend this to anyone, the minor annoyance factor is worth it for the child's enjoyment!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb toy - excellent for children with special needs!, 21 Jun. 2007
We have this toy and our little one loves it, the frog leaps out when you lift the lid and shoots across the room. She hurries to fetch it and put it back in (with some help as you have to reset the platform by pressing it all the way down). The frog also has a squeaker in it's head which can easily be pressed by a small child (unlike some squeakers you get in things!).

I'd recommend this to anyone with a baby or small child.

Galt Soft Play Drivetime Mouse
Galt Soft Play Drivetime Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Drivetime Mouse, 21 Jun. 2007
We have this mouse in the car, our little one plays with it sometimes when in her car seat but not really for very long. She enjoys pulling the zipper up and down and the crinkle crisp packet sounds.

Two faults with it, the phone stopped working on ours shortly after we bought it and secondly you can't open the window it is stuck to (obviously!) but I didn't think about that until after we'd bought it.

In general, it looks sweet, it occupies them for a short time but I think there are better car toys out there.

Tomy Discovery Swap 'n' Roll Snail
Tomy Discovery Swap 'n' Roll Snail

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy to get them crawling, 21 Jun. 2007
My baby girl has this toy. This was the thing that encouraged her to crawl, the music is fun and she very quickly mastered the pressing of it's tail to set it off.

She has played with it lots and always jiggles about to the music then crawls after it and sets it off again. Only fault I can find with it is that if they press it a bit hard on it's tail it inevitably tips up but it's usually fine.

The interchangeable "shells" are are a good idea, the bead frame one looks nice as it rolls as the beads slide about and the other one is a stacking toy with a squeaky button on the top.

I'd recommend this to anyone whose baby is almost crawling age.

Pintoy Doll's Buggy
Pintoy Doll's Buggy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first pram - forget the age 3+ recommendation!, 21 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Buggy (Toy)
My little girl has this pram she is currently 15 months old and loves to put her baby doll in it and push it along. The handle height is about level with her shoulders, maybe just a little below. It is nice and sturdy and does not tip easily as do some other first prams (winnie the pooh first pram from argos is just dreadful for this!). The box says age 3+ but this is rubbish, there is nothing on it that comes apart as it is all screwed together and it is very well made and extremely suitable for very small children.

The one we have was an ex demo model and the only thing wrong with it was that one of the rubber bands on the wheels had come off and got lost, I simply replaced it with a rubber band for a vacuum cleaner which fitted perfectly (my top tip!).

Little girls are never too small to start playing with baby dolls, my little one had her baby dolly aged one, at 13 months she was kissing the baby, picking it up, saying aw baba and holding it to her shoulder and burping it which everyone thinks is very cute. Her baby and pram are her favourite toys and believe me she has quite a few toys to pick from!

Highly recommended and an excellent alternative to a baby walker for little girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breat bib, 29 Jan. 2007
In short a great bib, rolls up really small as it's flexible so doesn't take your entire baby bag up and stops food falling onto the floor.

Only down side is that it can get stained.

Excellent.