Profile for Mr. D. G. DRENNAN > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. G. DRENNAN

Mr. D. G. DRENNAN (Bristol, UK)

Suunto Core  - All Black
Suunto Core - All Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Suunto Core - All Black, 23 Aug 2010
I bought this watch based on both recommendations from colleagues and from the research I conducted across the Suunto range. I have been extremely impressed with the watch since its arrival. The appearance is, in my opinion, very smart and 'stealthy' and although it is a large face I do not find it overbearing because the strap keeps it in proportion and the face does not protrude too far away from the wrist. The watch is also lighter than you would expect which helps make it comfortable day to day and during exercise. I found the instructions fairly easy to comprehend although some of the 'case studies' when you might use a particular feature are a bit ridiculous - seems they let a frustrated Creative Writing graduate go a bit crazy! However, the watch is pretty intuitive once you have spent 15 minutes fiddling with it and entered your required settings and calibrated the compass and altimeter.
I am a helicopter pilot and find the altimeter to be surprisingly accurate across the whole spectrum I have used it (surface to 10000'). The compass does not appear to have the same level of accuracy but I will give it the benefit of doubt because Suunto do say that it will suffer from magnetic interference around electrical/metal objects. I suspect that the compass works far more accurately in the scenario for which it is intended - hiking.
I have read a few reviews where people have said that the digits are sometimes difficult to read given the grey-on-black digital face. I will agree so far as the digits do not jump right out at you but I would say that it is perfectly usable in all light levels and I prefer the 'stealthy' look that the grey-on-black affords.

Overall, I would recommend this watch to anyone who is considering purchasing it. You will not be let down.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 15 Aug 2010
I was looking for a beard trimmer which would not slip between the different hair-lenth gradings during use, was cordless and simple to use and maintain. This product fits the bill on all of these fronts. The knurled rolling grade selector makes it very easy to choose a cutting length and the pop-out trimmer is very good for tidying up edges and achieving the detail you may require. The battery life is impressive and the small travel bag which is included is neat and compact to enable ease of transportation. I find the Remmington Groom Professional MB320C easy to use and clean while providing a very satisfactory trim. I can wholeheartedly recommend it to those looking for a good, reasonably priced, beard trimmer.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Mac)
Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Mac)
Offered by MacStore-AGB-Widerrufsbelehrung

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac OS X Snow Leopard v. 10.6 (Mac DVD), 22 Dec 2009
This is the upgrade edition of Mac OS X and it successfully updated my Mac OS X Tiger to Snow Leopard and bi-passed Leopard entirely. I had heard that this was possible thanks to a couple of posts on Mac forums and was pleased to see for myself that this upgrade disc does upgrade to the latest edition of OS X from Tiger. Save yourself £££ off the cost of full edition.