Profile for CambsHam71 > Reviews

Kampa Khazi Portable Toilet
Kampa Khazi Portable Toilet
Offered by Camping International

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 6 Sept. 2013
Without going in to too much detail, when I first received this, I was rather conscious that it looked neither of adequate proportions, or strength. However, once put into action on a 5 day camping trip, I was actually impressed at how well it served the purpose.
If you are looking to purchase such an item, you can't go far wrong with this.

Wrebbit 3D Neuschwanstein Castle 3D Puzzle
Wrebbit 3D Neuschwanstein Castle 3D Puzzle

3.0 out of 5 stars Complex puzzle with very little guidance, 6 Sept. 2013
Firstly I must say that this puzzle so far, looks superb. I have so far only managed to piece together the base and a small front section. None of the pieces are numbered/ lettered, and you effectively have to separate the pieces prior to use. The instructions provided show you how the sections go together, but only with a rough outline drawing comprising no key.
Having really struggled to fathom this all out, I have now implemented my own method of coding the pieces which I believe will improve the experience in the long term.

Decrescent Premium HDMI to Mini HDMI Adapter
Decrescent Premium HDMI to Mini HDMI Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 6 Sept. 2013
The item which I received was a completely different size to what I expected. After communication with the seller, I was left with the choice of paying for return postage or lose the purchase value. Decisions decisions...

Quest Traveller Toilet or Storage Tent for Camping
Quest Traveller Toilet or Storage Tent for Camping

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather complex to erect, 4 Sept. 2013
We purchased this to use as a toilet tent and were generally quite happy with it. But we did find it rather complex to put together owing to the way the flexible poles effectively thread through the outside of the canopy. Having said that, with the installation of a non-chemical portable toilet, the product does provide a substantially large interior area to make use of.

Quest Elite Superlite Large Camping Table onyx top 80 x 60cm
Quest Elite Superlite Large Camping Table onyx top 80 x 60cm
Offered by Camping International

4.0 out of 5 stars Very practical camping table, 4 Sept. 2013
This table offers great practicality. It folds down to a remarkably flat area but is able to withstand quite a bit of weight. We used it as a work surface to hold our 2 camping stoves which it handled with ease.
Worthwhile.

Vango 12 LED Rechargeable Lantern with Remote Control - Silver
Vango 12 LED Rechargeable Lantern with Remote Control - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical camping lantern, 4 Sept. 2013
Absolutely love this product. When in use, it provides a great amount of light, and being rechargeable, you don't have to keep replacing batteries all the time. The remote control is a great little addition, and means you can activate or deactivate the lamp from any position so long as you are within sight of the sensor.
Well worth the money.

Skandika Korsika 10 Family Group Tent
Skandika Korsika 10 Family Group Tent

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camping accommodation, 4 Sept. 2013
Really impressed with this tent. Apart from it needed 4 of us to actually set it up, the layout is very well arranged. The 3 sleeping pods are spacious, (admittedly they are supposed to be for 3/4 people and we only had 2 in each,) and the main living area dome provides plenty of room for eating, relaxing, spending time together etc.
The two windows and doorway are very easy to open.
A couple of nice additions are the storage pocket which clips in place in the main dome, and the 3 pockets inside each sleeping pod.
Each sleeping pod and the main dome have hooks which can be used for hanging lanterns from.
Overall, very pleased with this purchase.

Eagle DC 1 A Plug-In AC Adaptor with 12 V Cigar Lighter Socket
Eagle DC 1 A Plug-In AC Adaptor with 12 V Cigar Lighter Socket

1.0 out of 5 stars Total waste of money, 3 Sept. 2013
Purchased this to be able to run a 12v cooler box whilst camping.
Product stopped working even before 5 mins of use so was of no
benefit for the duration of our 4 night stay.
Unable to recommend.

Yellowstone Ranger Camping Chair - Multi-Colour
Yellowstone Ranger Camping Chair - Multi-Colour

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly sturdy camping chair, 29 July 2013
Purchased this as we already had one of those folding picnic tables which seats 4 but there was 5 of us in the group. The chair was very comfy to sit on and very strong indeed. (It does say on the advert that it is designed to hold up to 135kg which when you first look at it, you have to question...)
The only reason this only got 4 stars was that the seat back does seem to lean rather far back with no means of adjustment. Otherwise, top product.

August CR100 - FM Transmitter with 3.5mm In / USB Port / Card Reader - In Car MP3 Player for Smartphones and Tablets - Apple / Android / Blackberry Compatible
Offered by Daffodil UK

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea but confusing at times, 31 Jan. 2013
I purchased this as my present car has a fitted system which is not MP3 compatible. At first use, I was connecting to the CR100 via the 3.5mm jack lead, and using the USB socket to charge the MP3 player simultaneously. This worked fine but limited me to the 3.8GB available memory and considering I have approx. 22GB of music to choose from, I wanted more. So I then switched to an 8GB SD card which fits neatly above the USB slot.
After a minor problem with the unit corrupting the MP3, (which has now been resolved,) I now stick with the SD card which has presented some new issues. Depending on how your music is filed, (e.g. individual track, album, or by folder,) you will not be able to use the Random function. Even with having tracks added individually, all the Random function does is shuffle by alphabet, so you find that all songs beginning with "I" are played, then followed by all songs beginning with "R". Whilst this is not a major problem, you will probably prefer to just play the list from A to Z as normal as I now do.
Overall, it is a nice little gadget, and so long as your happy with radio quality sound, you will find this a worthwhile purchase. Indeed, I live in Cambridge and find it copes perfectly well with the FM frequency, even with the wide range of existing stations which I initially had to 'work round.'

Page: 1 | 2