Profile for Jan Ploeger > Reviews

Dvd ~ The Doobie Brothers
Offered by FLASH
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound sound and video quality, 7 July 2013
This week I've watched the Doobie's concert. I was hugely surprised about the picure and sound quality. Very good quality for a very price at Amazon UK.

Rockshow [Blu-ray] [2013]
Rockshow [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Paul Mccartney & Wings
Offered by FLASH
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good concert., 7 July 2013
I've bought the blu-ray version of this concert at Amazon UK for a very fair price. In the Netherlands the same title goes for € 34,99 in the shops.
Five stars for the soundquality. In stead of the cd Wings over America I've chosen the blu-ray version for the DTS-HD Master in 5.1 surround sound and I'm not disappointed.
The video is rather good concerning this was shot in the early seventies in analog quality (read: not hd which didn't exist in those days). So I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Show Time
Show Time
Price: 36.90

5.0 out of 5 stars At least I've managed to get this rare Japanese CD, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Show Time (Audio CD)
I'm a huge fan of Ry Cooder's early recordings. In Europe however we must do with the non remasters from the eighties, which sound very badly to my ears. Lucky me, I've got now all Ry's albums in remastered, Japanese card editions, I've tried for more than a year to obtain the Japanese edition of Showtime, without success until now. Finally I've got straight from Japan and within fourteen days a brand new cd for a second-hand price.
The sound quality is very good. In Japan they reissue every month shm card editions of mainstream albums from the sixties and seventies. I'm certain they're big music fans. I'm jealous about that and I read that in Europe record companies complain that they don't sell music anymore. My advise is, take an example from your Japanese colleges and surprise the fans. They will come back and buy again if they get good quality for a fair price. I love these shm card editions and I am willing to pay for those.

Borderline (Jpn)
Borderline (Jpn)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ry Cooder Borderline remaster, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Borderline (Jpn) (Audio CD)
I'm very pleased with this remastered copy I received last week, which is hard to get. Compared to the 1980's issue which is available in Europe this version sounds superb. It's worth every penny I've paid for it.