Profile for christyewen > Reviews

Beastly [DVD]
Beastly [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alex Pettyfer

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this film!, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Beastly [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film after seeing the trailer on the Hunger Games DVD I have. I always watched the trailer and thought about buyignt he film but never got round to it. When I finally bought it I wasn't disappointed. The only reason it never got 5 stars was because I think the alternate ending is better than the actual ending of the film!

LOL [DVD]
LOL [DVD]
Dvd ~ Miley Cyrus

5.0 out of 5 stars New Favourite Film!, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: LOL [DVD] (DVD)
After reading through some of the reviews I was a bit wary of buying this film as some of the reviews really weren't very good but I completely disagree. I absolutely love this film and is now my new favourite! I have always loved Miley Cyrus and I think that Douglas Booth is the perfect actor for the role. I recommend this film I have watched it A LOT of times since buying!!

One Direction: This Is Us [DVD] [2013]
One Direction: This Is Us [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Harry Styles
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars <3, 25 Jan. 2014
One Direction are one of my favourite bands/singers ever and I loved watching a movie about them. It really shows how hard they have worked to get where they are and made me tear up in certain parts when they spoke to their families. I recommend it to everyone who likes One Direction!

The Vampire Diaries - Season 1-4 [DVD] [2013]
The Vampire Diaries - Season 1-4 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Nina Dobrev
Offered by zoverstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 25 Jan. 2014
I bought this box set on recommendation from my brother. He told me that it takes a few episodes to start to like it and not to expect to love it all of a sudden. He could not have been more wrong. As soon as the first episode was finished I was so excited to watch the next. I absolutely LOVE the vampire diaries now and am so glad to watch such an amazing show. The relationships between Elena and the Salvatore brothers are absolutely amazing and I could not recommend a better box set to get into!!

Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3) (Divergent Trilogy)
Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3) (Divergent Trilogy)

3.0 out of 5 stars SPOILERS, 25 Jan. 2014
I absolutely LOVED Divergent and Insurgent and was so happy to finally get to read Allegiant. There are many points that let me down with this book though. The point of view between Tris and Tobias was a good idea and I would have loved it if they were written differently. I had to go to the start of chapters to check to see who I was meant to be reading as and I shouldn't have to do that. They are two different people and that just didn't come across in the style of writing.
The next thing was parts of the story line. I thought of Peter as a strong, horrible character which I think was nice for this book. He turned weak which I thought was pointless and didn't need to happen. He came across as someone who simply just didn't care to me but proved to be weak at the end.
When reading the end and seeing that Tris died I was extremely disappointed and just plainly annoyed. If you are going to kill of the main character of a trilogy at least give her a bit more than a gun shot to the neck. She could have had a proper good bye with Tobias and after spending so much time hating her brother for nearly killing her she ended her life for him which I think ruined the book.
When reading the trilogy Tobias seemed like a strong character who had been through so much in his life for only being 18 years old. He seemed like the type of person who could handle anything even the death of Tris. I understand that a character should be allowed to breakdown as him and Tris had such a special relationship but Veronica Roth just seemed to do the same as she did with Peter. She made him weak. Tobias did not seem like a weak character to me and he just seemed to be ruined at the end of Allegiant after Tris dies and he seems to just forgive his mother with a snap of his fingers.
After writing out some of the bad things in the book I would like to say that even though I was thoroughly disappointed with mostly the ending of the book I am still glad I read it. Some points of the book seem to counteract the bad and I did enjoy some parts of it. Some of my favourite parts of Allegiant were the times when Tobias and Tris connected as a couple and shared some extremely sweet moments together.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely amazing!!, 29 Sept. 2013
I chose 5 stars because it is simply the best book I have ever read! I started it at 10 in the morning and was finished at 8.30! I read it all in one day because it was so good I couldn't put it down! I have bought both the 2nd and 3rd booko and cannot wait to read them! I have also just ordered the film and I am hoping it will be as good as the book! I have a new Hunger Games obsession starting!! I recommend to everyone to read this book, you will not be disappointed!

DIA Light Blue Crowned Pig silicone case Cover for Blackberry Curve 8520 8530 9300 3g

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute!, 18 Jan. 2013
i'm giving this as a gift so i cant say if it is a good fit or not but it looks very cute and for the price it looks good quality!

Barry M Cosmetics Glitter Nail Paint Ruby Glitter 10ml
Barry M Cosmetics Glitter Nail Paint Ruby Glitter 10ml
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

4.0 out of 5 stars would of been five stars but.., 18 Jan. 2013
the polish is nice, but the picture is misleading, to me this looked like a pink glitter in a black base but it is chunky pink and black glitter with fine black glitter aswell, it is still a nice polish though, it comes off quite easily not as easy as a no glitter polish but easier than most glitter polishes!

Shamballa Sterling Silver Crystal Shamballa Stud Earings
Shamballa Sterling Silver Crystal Shamballa Stud Earings
Offered by Bentley's Bargain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars they look cheaper in person but...., 6 Jan. 2013
the earrings are nice, small and will look perfect when they are on, i wasnt expecting alot for my money but they are good enough quality. but they dont look like the picture, they look cheaper if you want the earrings in the picture by the real ones and not the ones that are just based on it!

China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat Treatment Secures Nail Lacquer 14ml
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat Treatment Secures Nail Lacquer 14ml

4.0 out of 5 stars i like it, 6 Jan. 2013
it is a good size bottle, dries fast and protects your nails what else do you need!? and it is brilliant at them all!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5