Profile for cherokee40 > Reviews

Content by cherokee40

cherokee40 (West Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (2 x FRONT Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear, 5 July 2011
Bought a couple of weeks ago (along with the rear covers) as I hate using phones in a case. These beauties solve the problem for me. A bit tricky to fit but almost invisible when on (as previously mentioned you need to get the phone really clean and take your time)
Well worth the money and the service from the seller is beyond compare, good old fashioned customer service, remember that?
Items arrive earlier than stated along with sweets and a sticker. Well packaged. Highly recommended item and seller.

Sena UltraSlim Pouch for iPhone 4/4S - Tan
Sena UltraSlim Pouch for iPhone 4/4S - Tan
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit, 21 Jun 2011
Bought for myself as I hate using phones in cases. I have had it about a week now and it is softening up nicely, although it is more difficult to put the phone back in than it is to get it out.
Adds very little bulk to phone and protects well in pocket, recommended

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Massive, 21 Jun 2011
I have this light in my living room and it is MASSIVE. Over two feet wide and over two feet drop after the chain is removed. When the electrician fitted it he had to remove all but one of the chain links, and I have a 100 year old house with high ceilings!
Apart from that, lovely looking light which gives a nice warm diffuse light using 3 energy saving bulbs. In my opinion a bit over priced, especially when you consider the matching wall lights are available for around 50.
Recommended if you have the room

Sony BDVE380.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video
Sony BDVE380.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, 21 Jun 2011
Firstly I must mention the couriers, DPD UK, not only did they deliver my parcel a couple of days early, they send you an e mail on the morning of delivery, allowing you to just take a couple of hours off work, not the whole day as with most other carriers. You can also change the day of delivery via their e mail. An excellent service.
The Sony home cinema I received was well packaged and easy to unpack and set up. Using the supplied microphone I had a decent surround sound within the hour, just a few tweaks and I was happy (the sub was set far too high, as I suspect most will be to give new users a WOW factor)
The speakers are good looking, even my girlfriend was impressed, and the centre is small enough to plonk in front of the TV without blocking the screen. The other 4 are about a foot tall and slope back a few degrees.
Looped my Virgin media V+ box through the system so I can get superior sound when watching the TV. Despite reading numerous articles on the Internet about not being able to use HDMI cables to do this I managed it by following the easy set up guide and found I did not need an optical cable as mentioned in many articles.
The TV is a Sony as well so the TV volume now works the complete system volume.
The unit itself is quite wide at 17 inches (43cm) and only just fit in my rack. The front panel is steeply raked and as such would be difficult to read "head on" but is fine to read from above. Mine is on the bottom of my rack and I can easily read it from my normal sitting position.
Now to the sound. After coming from a "proper" home cinema I find it a touch lightweight, however, like most I imagine it is impossible to fit full size speakers in a normal living room and as such I can only recommend systems like these. House and wife friendly and a massive upgrade on TV sound.

Umbra Aquala Bathtub Caddy Natural
Umbra Aquala Bathtub Caddy Natural
Price: 42.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item, 18 Jun 2011
Very attractive item and well packaged. Must comment on the delivery.....sent via Hermes and arrived 3 days early and on a Saturday, an excellent service,much better than any of the other couriers Amazon uses.
The item is reasonajust long, just short of 19 inches, and then you have to put the wire legs in place. Good idea to measure your bath first before ordering. Looks really nice on the bath and the little places to put items are useful (not sure if I will be putting my Kindle on the book rest however!)

Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Promaster Carbon Stainless Steel Watch #BJ2105-51E
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Promaster Carbon Stainless Steel Watch #BJ2105-51E

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, 24 Feb 2010
I bought this to replace a Seiko Orange Monster that I had bought just prior to Christmas 2009. While the Seiko was excellent, because at weekends & evenings I like to wear my Oris, the Seiko would run down and was too heavy to keep wound up in my watch winder. This watch, once charged will last for months even if I choose not to wear it.This watch is charged by light, whether the sun or artificial.
The watch is nice and heavy and has a large face (nearly 50mm) which would probably not suit all. It also records your maximum dive depth. It does this automatically by switching to dive mode as soon as it comes into contact with sea water (via a little sensor on the watch side, the large lump on the left side of the face is the depth sensor) The orange hand tells you how much charge is left in the "Eco Drive" system.
Be aware that as far as I can see there is no way to adjust the strap in small increments (like most metal strapped watches e.g Seiko) so you would have to take it to a jeweller for this. There is a nice extra catch on the clasp which you pinch and slide out to lengthen the strap to wear over your wet suit.
To sum up I LOVE IT.

MOTOR ACCESSORIES - SUNSHADE POP OUT 70 x 140cm - 1 OF
MOTOR ACCESSORIES - SUNSHADE POP OUT 70 x 140cm - 1 OF

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 24 Feb 2010
Had a slightly larger one of these that was also slightly thicker and springier, it was more expensive than this item. For the price this is an excellent item so far. To give you an idea of opened out size, it fills the windscreen of my Toyota Hi Lux Surf completely, it keeps the car cooler than without it, although not as cool as my previous thicker version (which did tear after a couple of years) I live in a constant hot sunny climate so will update this review at some time to see how it lasts.The advantage of these sprung loaded screens are that they are very easy to fold up and tuck under the seat (they fold up to about the size of a frisbee.
The company I bought it from were very quick for delivery and the item was well packaged.
Recommended item.

Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Juststore, 24 Feb 2010
Bought this item following a recommendation from the makers of my Brennan JB7 CD jukebox. The Buffalo apparently comes with the correct Fat32 operating system. I received the item very quickly (even after Amazon quoted 3 months, received in 3 weeks) and unpacked, plugged straight into my Brennan and it stated copying the 8500 songs straight away. I did not even connect it to a computer! I have only given the item 4 stars purely because of the speed, it took all weekend to copy the tracks. Maybe a firewire connection would of improved this but for the price I cannot really complain. Highly recommended item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2010 1:01 PM BST

Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Gwyneth Paltrow

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Blu Ray....., 7 Dec 2009
Already had this on DVD but thought it would be better on Blu Ray (and it was cheap) as it was a film totally filmed against a blue screen (cartoonish) However I was disappointed to say the least. The picture was not, in my opinion, that much better than my previous DVD version.
I have given it four stars because I really rate the film and enjoy watching it.
If you have the DVD keep it, but if you have a blu ray player, buy the blu ray. It's not much more expensive anyway.

Seiko Men's Orange Monster SKX781K Stainless-Steel Automatic Watch with Orange Dial
Offered by Yorkshire Watches
Price: 189.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it........, 7 Dec 2009
Bought this watch from Time4U and it arrived within a week (4500 miles to Ascension Island) Bought it to replace a similar watch (Seiko Kinetic Divers 200m) which I had owned for a couple of years. I need a watch without batteries as I live on Ascension and there are no jewellers here (only get home every 6 months) I love this watch and have wanted one for ages but they seem difficult if not impossible to buy on the high street. It is nice and chunky with a nice brushed stainless steel bracelet. It is a lovely bright colour and a real talking point. The bezel is nice and easy to move even when wearing gloves. The watch is not as heavy as my previous kinetic but feels nice on my wrist. I have not had to adjust the strap at all so cannot comment on the other reviewers comments on the difficulty of removing links etc. I really like the fact it has day/date on the face and not just date like most watches.The lumibrite portions on the face are really bright as well.
This is a wonderful timepiece and well worth the money. If you want it just buy one.......you know you want to

Page: 1 | 2 | 3