Profile for delaunay > Reviews

Reggae Greats
Reggae Greats
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the shot!, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: Reggae Greats (Audio CD)
Just to mention an anecdote... One of my colleagues at work is a true Reggae lover. He's got dreadlocks (he's a white guy) and he plays in a Reggae band, they perform gigs, etc... I think you see the picture. Well the guy really likes Lee Scratch Perry, and he was very happy when I lend him this CD because it contains 2 tracks that he had never heard of before, called "Soul Fire" and "Roastfish & Cornhead". If it were only for these 2 ones, it would be worth the shot, but the whole CD is really great. My husband bought the original record (vinyl) a long time ago. The sound has been well rendered on the CD. I even think it is better (finer). Once again: worth the shot!

Fur - An Imaginary Portrait Of Diane Arbus [DVD]
Fur - An Imaginary Portrait Of Diane Arbus [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete change of scene, 4 Jun 2010
If you don't mind going off the beaten track, you then sure should watch this movie. The two actors -Nicole Kidman & Robert Downey Jr- are magnificient and clearly committed. The scenary too is astounding. This is the story of a woman whose eyes can see beyong what is visible. I do not think she has a tendency to like freaks, I think she's really open-minded and simply deals with the humanity in people. On top of that, she just cannot know her place, and is in search of something else. I have not been so enthusiastic about a movie since 'V for Vendetta', which by the way reminds me of this movie. Director Steven Shainberg had already surprised me and moved me with the movie 'Secretary'. Now he has managed to do this twice! Seems he really likes to portray individuals much people would call 'insane', and yet... ;O)

Jack's Back [1988] [DVD] [2007]
Jack's Back [1988] [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ James Spader
Offered by Global_Deals

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty guy, 25 Dec 2009
I would recommend this movie for those who appreciate James Spader. The movie is not so great, but James Spader looks really great. To be considered as an esthetic investment!

Tuff Turf [DVD] [1984] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Tuff Turf [DVD] [1984] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ James Spader

5.0 out of 5 stars Teenage stuff, 25 Dec 2009
This movie is almost at the level of 'Reckless'. It has not aged. A must for those who are fan of James Spader and Robert Downey Jr.