Profile for David James > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Top Gear Years
The Top Gear Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2015
Excellent book and great value on the kindle too!

What Could Possibly Go Wrong. . .
What Could Possibly Go Wrong. . .

5.0 out of 5 stars ... comedic writing of Jezza never fails to be a good read and this is no exception, 16 Jan. 2015
The usual very witty and comedic writing of Jezza never fails to be a good read and this is no exception!

How To Net A Property Auction Bargain In An Hour: Yes You Really Can Work Full-time And Build A Very Profitable Portfolio In Your Spare Time

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good book which is very upfront in it's writing, 3 Nov. 2014
This is a good book which is very upfront in it's writing. By this I mean, you don't get buried in unnecessary terminology. This book is plain and simple advice which anyone can read and learn from. As has been mentioned before, the book could do with a professional editor casting their eye over it. That really is a minor niggle though!

HOME IMPROVEMENT - The Complete Collection Series 1 to 8 [IMPORT]
HOME IMPROVEMENT - The Complete Collection Series 1 to 8 [IMPORT]
Dvd ~ Patricia Richardson, Earl Hindman, Taran Noah Smith, Zachery Ty Bryan Tim Allen
Offered by Prime Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars More power!!!!, 7 Mar. 2014
I absolutely loved watching this show as a kid when it was on telly.

I had been looking for it on DVD for quite some time and eventually found this German box set. It plays perfectly and is every bit as funny as I remembered it was! A great buy and worth every penny!

Orzly® - Moto G - BLACK Fusion Case Cover Skin for Motorola Moto G
Orzly® - Moto G - BLACK Fusion Case Cover Skin for Motorola Moto G
Offered by G-Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case., 7 Mar. 2014
This Moto G case is excellent. It fits the phone very well indeed and does offer a lot of protection. Unlike a lot of cases this one does not make the buttons on the side hard to press or obscure the screen in any way.

Excellent case and very good value for money!

Oz and James  - Series 1, 2 & 3 [DVD]
Oz and James - Series 1, 2 & 3 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it first time around!, 7 Mar. 2014
I managed to watch most of this on TV first time around but having the DVD box set is superb.

You do actually find yourself learning quite a lot about wine and how to avoid being "a wine ponce" as James so eloquently puts it!

Settle down in the evening with a nice bottle of red and put this in the DVD player. It makes for a very entertaining evening and you will also find yourself laughing out loud in most episodes!

Thoroughly enjoyable!

Unplugged Woodshop, The
Unplugged Woodshop, The
by Tom Fidgen

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent book from Tom!, 7 Mar. 2014
I already own Toms previous book (Made by Hand: Furniture Projects for the Unplugged Woodworker) and thought that was an excellent introduction. This book builds on all the basics and principles we were shown in the first book but this time we are taking on larger projects using hand tools only. Reading Toms first book is not a pre-requisite to reading this book, but I personally think it will fill a lot of gaps if you are new to this field.

Tom manages to showcase a wide variety of new techniques whilst still only using hand tools. We are even shown how to make a few tools such as a Kerfing plane. The book is very well laid out with excellent photographs right from start to finish. Tom narrative seems to somehow make you slow down in your wood work and enjoy it more. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and am looking forward to making more of the projects within it.

Also there are a lot of videos and help available from Tom himself at his unplugged woodshop website, also well worth a look.

Made by Hand: Furniture Projects for the Unplugged Woodworker
Made by Hand: Furniture Projects for the Unplugged Woodworker
by Tom Fidgen

5.0 out of 5 stars What a superb book!, 7 Mar. 2014
I bought this book when I decided to start getting back into woodworking. I love the feel of making something using hand tools only! There is very minimal noise, minimal amounts of dust create and it is so much more soothing as a hobby.

In this book Tom Fidgen shows us all how to get back to using hand tools. Tom starts the book by describing how he started out in wood work and then goes on to explain what forms a good basic tool set. From here we learn a little about sharpening and making some very useful workshop tools such as a shooting board. We are then taken on to learn how to make six well chosen and useful projects.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book myself and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get back into the use of hand tools for wood working. This is not a guide to making hand made furniture book. It is a book looking to get people interested in hand tools using them and using them correctly.

Teach Yourself Bookkeeping and Accounting in a Week
Teach Yourself Bookkeeping and Accounting in a Week
by Roger Mason

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful as an overview, 3 Oct. 2013
I found this book to be very useful indeed. I have just started to learn all about Book Keeping and I found this was a really great over view.

The chapter sizes and information contained in them all went in pretty easily, even though I have no prior Accounting or Book Keeping experience. I did manage to stick to the chapter a day routine too even with only a 30min commute to work each day. I also found the first half of the chapter I had read on the way into work had stuck in my mind by the end of the day when I was reading the book on my return home commuting leg.

Don't think this will teach you everything you need to know and you will become and Accountant or even Book Keeper by the end of the week. But it does give a very good over view indeed.

Top Gear at the Movies [DVD]
Top Gear at the Movies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Hammond
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best but still pretty good., 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Top Gear at the Movies [DVD] (DVD)
This is by far not the best Top Gear Christmas special DVD I have watched, but it does have funny parts none the less.

Oddly it just seems a little poorly produced and put together for me. Almost lazy in the production really.

If you can get it second hand really cheaply then it is probably worth a watch. But other than that I would say save your pennies.

Page: 1 | 2