Profile for Obsy > Reviews

Content by Obsy

Obsy (North East, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Whatever Happened to Nathan McKenzie?
Whatever Happened to Nathan McKenzie?

2.0 out of 5 stars I struggled with this book, 2 Nov 2013
I downloaded this book as it was by a local author but I struggled with it. It's about time travel and is well written in that the author doesn't seem to make a mistake when changing the time frame for the chapter. However, I found myself having to really think about what had happened a few chapters ago, and where in time the story had gone in order to understand the chapter I was reading. I prefer books that flow better and I don't have to think so hard in order to understand the story.

3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Audio Cable Lead Gold 50cm 0.5m
3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Audio Cable Lead Gold 50cm 0.5m
Offered by EXPRESS WORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 2 Nov 2013
Not sure what to say other than it does exactly the job I wanted it to. With only a short lead, it's ideal for my car where I don't want masses of cable to hide.

Breville VKJ551 Stainless Steel Kettle, Colour Select
Breville VKJ551 Stainless Steel Kettle, Colour Select

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks pretty, 2 Nov 2013
It's a kettle that you can change the colour on. Having previously had one similar to this, I'm a little disappointed with this one as it switches itself off after 20 mins so the colour changing cycle I used to create a mood in my kitchen is no more. This one no longer has the keepwarm function, which I found vey handy on my last Breville kettle. Also, this one doesn't seem to reach a very high temperature, or keep the water hot for long, disappointing for me. However, it looks good and boils water .

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery Book 1)
Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down, 2 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Descriptive enough to create a good picture in my head of what was happening and well written to keep me wanting to keep turning page after page. So much so, I read this in a day and have since purchased the next two in the series.

Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor, Style-No. 543761, Unisex Thong Sandals, White Varnish, EU 39, Regular Width

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable sandals.....EVER!, 21 Jun 2013
Having head about Birkenstocks reputation for being very comfortable, and fed up of buying cheap sandals that don't last or rub/pinch in places, making them uncomfortable, I joined others and purchased my first pair. Wow, I was amazed and loved them that much, I ordered these, my 2nd pair and am pleased to report that comfort is yet again paramount. I can stand and walk all day in these and my feet hardly ache compared to others where the pain can be almost unbearable at the end of the day.

I love the range of colours and style available. I would say however that the sizing can be a little confusing. I'm usually a UK 7 so my first pair I purchased size 40 thinking these would be fine and they're a little big. I ordered the same size in these and with being toe post, it was much more apparent that I needed a smaller size. As I had ordered from Amazon rather than a marketplace seller, I had the option of a free exchange. I now sport a lovely fitting size 39 sandal that I wear a lot. My podiatrist is pleased with my choice of footwear as it supports the natural form and motion of the foot, along with being open so the foot is allowed to breathe.

32GB SanDisk Micro SDHC Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110
32GB SanDisk Micro SDHC Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110
Offered by Phetron Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 19 April 2013
As it states in the title, this does what it says in the listing. Excellent for expanding storage when needed. I would point out though that this memory card works fine with other devices that accept a 32GB SDHC card and therefore it's use isn't limited to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Birkenstock Women's Madrid 26 UK513 Toffee Slides Sandal 7 UK 40 EU
Birkenstock Women's Madrid 26 UK513 Toffee Slides Sandal 7 UK 40 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sandals, 19 April 2013
I'd heard lots of good things about Birkenstock sandals but couldn't understand why they were so expensive with other summer sandals. I now know why - they're not your average sandal! Made to the highest quality, they really can last a lifetime as the footbed and sole can be replaced. These came in the Birkenstock box and I was delighted at the colour (Toffee) of the leather. Being new, they do take a while to soften (both the leather and the footbed) and mould to your feet so it is recommended to wear them in around the house until they're comfy before venturing outside. Once this is done, they're a perfect fit, light on the foot and supports perfectly the arch of your foot and allows room for toes to fully lie straight. Almost like walking barefoot with support, they really are that comfortable. I'd write more but I'm off to buy some other styles and colours!

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, 13 Jan 2013
Having done a lot of research on which ereader to buy, consulting froends and family that have one and also checking out Which's recommendation, I gladly picked the Paperwhite. And wow, I'm glad I did. Lots of functionalilty and options to customise your reading experience, the text is clear, the battery life is amazing and I love the in-built dictionary function. So quick to download books to, fully touchscreen so no fiddly buttons to worry about and no need for a clip on light - genius! Lightweight, portable, quick to resume reading and change books and easy to read indoors or outdoors or even in bed without waking your other half. Put simply, exceelent value for money and one of the best purchases I've made so far

Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000 Five-Mode Power Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide
Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000 Five-Mode Power Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide
Offered by The-toothbrushes

5.0 out of 5 stars The best toothbrush ever!, 6 Oct 2012
Having made the switch from a manual toothbrush some years ago, I have gradually moved up from battery operated one to mains rechargable and was quite content with my old Braun Oral B toothbrush, although it was starting to lose its ability to hold its charge after 6 years loyal use. I was therefore more than a little skeptical when looking for a replacement to find this model which usually retails over £160 in most major retailers and was sure that there couldn't be much difference and that the smart guide was a gimmick.

I decided after reading many positive reviews to take a chance when the toothbrush came up on a lightning deal and am very glad that I did. Put simply, this has the ability to clean teeth and the gumline in 5 modes using a variety of brusheads. With a pressure sensor with visual signs and a visual/audible timer that highlights quite often how far short of the recommended time we often brush for. It also splits the time into quarters so a thorough clean can be obtained by concentrating on a section of the moouth at a time rather than random brushing. It comes with 3 different brusheads so you can try each and see which you prefer. The result? Two weeks of twice daily use and a routine visit to the dentist made him comment on how unusual it was for the practice to schedule a hygienist visit before the examination - that made me smile and the dentist speechless! It also meant my hygienist had very little to do apart from a quick polish. I would recommend this to everyone and can be used by the whole family, just buy a pack of brusheads and use a different coloured ring at the bottom so you can tell which brush is whose. The brush holder has space for 4.

Sterling Silver Toe Ring
Sterling Silver Toe Ring
Offered by SILVER ROCK JEWELLERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but Elegant, 6 Oct 2012
I ordered this as I wanted a well fitting toe ring that was unfussy yet elegant. Made of sterling silver and despite having had something heavy dropped on the toes that it was worn on, has not been dented and still sparkles. Presented beautifully so can easily be purchased as a gift and well packaged for transit through the post.

Page: 1 | 2