Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Dr. Keith A. Moseley > Reviews

Content by Dr. Keith A. M...

Dr. Keith A. Moseley (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Field Guide to the Micro-Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
Field Guide to the Micro-Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
by Phil Sterling

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 May 2016
Compared to the fuzzily illustrated guides of old, often overpriced in Hay's bookshops, this is an impressive work. I have already nailed a few identifications with confidence.

The Fast Show : Ultimate Collection (7 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
The Fast Show : Ultimate Collection (7 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Fast Show

5.0 out of 5 stars Scorchio!, 29 May 2016
Whitehouse and Higson's observation of human behaviour is devastatingly funny in this show of many short sketches. 'Channel 9' is an excellent example; while on holiday in the 1990s I saw Italian TV at a hotel and could not believe how uncannily accurate was The Fast Show's depiction of its silliness. One never grows tired of the characters, peerlessly performed by the cast, and an increasing number of them pop up in every successive series. The catch phrases continue to resonate 20 years later (has it really been that long?). Grrrreat!

Britain's Hoverflies: An Introduction to the Hoverflies of Britain (WILDGuides)
Britain's Hoverflies: An Introduction to the Hoverflies of Britain (WILDGuides)
by Stuart Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful guide., 29 May 2016
Comprehensive and well illustrated; an even better book than I had been expecting. Annotations on the photographs are particularly useful and better than trying to relate text to pictures (often on a different page in many books). I can really recommend this work.

Another Realm -Digi-
Another Realm -Digi-

4.0 out of 5 stars Deep and Sophisticated, 1 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Another Realm -Digi- (Audio CD)
I'll be honest, it took a while for this album to 'bed in' because the tracks seem somehow to require more intent listening than the more straightforward material on earlier works. I'm glad I did stick it out though as, to me, this stuff is deeper. The message is, of course, Christianity but the quality of Iona's music, being essentially prog/Celtic rock, broadens its appeal to just about anyone who loves sophisticated, atmospheric and beautiful sounds.

I like most of the tracks (a few are so so, hence four stars) with my favourites being 'An Atmosphere of Miracles', the upbeat 'And the Angels Dance' and, for its simplicity and appreciation of nature, 'Speak To Me'. 'Ruach' is an interesting deviation from the typical output, resembling Vaughan-William's 'Lark Ascending'. 'The Fearless Ones' features the kind of horn that allegedly brought down the walls of Jericho; to me the sound is rather unnerving to listen to. 'Clouds' was very like a Renaissance track. I noticed too that the tune from Iona's 'Beyond These Shores' had sneaked into the last part of 'An Atmosphere of Miracles'. It was so cleverly varied in texture/instrumentation that I must have played it a dozen times before the penny dropped. This is the work of outstanding composers as well as musicians.

I've said it before; never has Christianity sounded so beautiful. This is a really underrated group who deserve far more attention than they get.

Hamma 5 Pack Carabina / Carabiner / Carbine Clip 5mm x 50mm - A4 316 Stainless Steel Marine Grade

5.0 out of 5 stars Solidly made, 17 Jun. 2015
They look pretty strong and well made although I will never put them to extreme use. I can recommend these Carabiners.

Pack of 12 Face Cloth Luxury Royal Egyptian 100% Cotton Face Flannel 30x30 - (White)
Offered by Hotel-Linens

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 17 Jun. 2015
Twelve decent quality face cloths for the price you would pay for one in some shops. Excellent.

10 Silver Round Carabiner Camp Spring Snap Clip Hook Keychain Keyring Climbing
10 Silver Round Carabiner Camp Spring Snap Clip Hook Keychain Keyring Climbing
Offered by Fly Service

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for lightweight use, 17 Jun. 2015
I bought them for clipping curtain cords together and they are fine for that. However, I don't think they would be strong enough for outdoor use, hence three stars.

Falkland Islands Flag 5ft x 3ft
Falkland Islands Flag 5ft x 3ft
Offered by My Swift

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice big flag, 17 Jun. 2015
A nice big flag, excellently printed, as a lightweight present for a colleague flying out to work on The Falkland Islands. Let's hope they are not diverted to Buenos Aires airport!

Samsung Slim DVD Writer - White
Samsung Slim DVD Writer - White
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Replace the cable, watch out for the mode switch and be careful with the drive power socket. Otherwise, fine!, 28 Feb. 2015
I bought this DVD drive for my late 2008 Macbook Pro. Like other users I found the supplied interface cable did not work as disks were not recognised at all, although the green light on the DVD drive indicated activity of some sort. I replaced the cable; the new one seemed to push deeper into the drive's socket and all is well. I haven't needed to use a double-socket Y cable...yet.

The scant instructions include a mode switching option, achieved by holding down the button on top of the drive for a few seconds while the tray is open. On my Mac the difference seems to be that, in one mode I see a disk symbol displayed while in the other I see a removable slot drive symbol. In the former mode, DVDs made in my TV DVD recorder throw up an initialisation error (probably the disk to blame) but read fine anyway. In the latter mode there is no error message and the disk is readable again but this time the files are shown as locked and won't play unless unlocked (with the info panel) first. Either way, there's a workaround.

Another thing to watch out for is that the socket at the back of the drive might be less robust than it looks. The previous version of this drive let me down when the socket broke away from the circuit board, there being no other means of attachment inside the drive. So, plug in gently and, if like me, you carry the drive in a bag, remove the cable before transport.

Einhell GH-EC 2040 2000W Tooless Electric Chainsaw with 40cm Oregon Bar
Einhell GH-EC 2040 2000W Tooless Electric Chainsaw with 40cm Oregon Bar

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, powerful but will the length adjustor last?, 20 Feb. 2015
So far so good. It's powerful, not unduly noisy and seems fairly solidly constructed. The weak point in all these cheaper chainsaws is the chain tightening mechanism. This chainsaw has a thumb wheel which turns a threaded bar to to adjust the length and thus the tightness of the chain (for newbies, the chains stretch with use and go slack). I must say that the thread on the bar looks awfully shallow and I would not be surprised if it started slipping after a while. We'll see.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11