Profile for Ian Beckerton > Reviews

Content by Ian Beckerton

Ian Beckerton

Page: 1 | 2
Test of Mettle (A Captain's Crucible Book 2)
Test of Mettle (A Captain's Crucible Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing pages in the electronic version., 29 May 2016
Nothing wrong with the story even if the style of writing is a little simplistic but there are pages missing from the electronic book, not Isaac Hooke's fault directly but the missing pages need to be sorted out.

Hunt for the Saiph (The Saiph Series Book 3)
Hunt for the Saiph (The Saiph Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saiph develop but not necessarily grow on you., 17 Nov. 2015
Quite a move forward from book two with the indication that the Saiph are not the "nice people" that we may have thought they were. I look forward to the fourth book as the character of the Saiph develops.

I..

Dark Space: The Original Trilogy (Books 1-3)
Dark Space: The Original Trilogy (Books 1-3)

5.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 29 Aug. 2015
complex, deap in places, interesting.... a good read

Fitbit Surge Ultimate Fitness Super Watch - Black, Large
Fitbit Surge Ultimate Fitness Super Watch - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars FitBit Surge, 20 Aug. 2015
Just how good does it get............. the watch is very good and is a motivator, the after sales service was just something else.
After a week of receiving my surge I managed to crack the glass face, after searching the net for a new glass or anyone who could replace it I contacted FitBit for their advice and guidance. FitBit asked for purchase details and a photograph of the damage and within 2 hours of receiving the information FitBit informed me that they were going so send me a new Surge, free gratis.......... 2 days later I have a new FitBit Surge, what more can I say other than thank you FitBit you are brilliant.

ALICE
ALICE

2.0 out of 5 stars Jack & Jill, 28 July 2015
This review is from: ALICE (Kindle Edition)
Oh dear an opportunity wasted by writing in a "Jack & Jill" style monologue which is a shame realy. I find the writing style very simplistic and so is perhaps more suited to different sort of person than me........... struggled to finish the book when I knew I should have set it aside.

I..

Prevail (The Pike Chronicles Book 2)
Prevail (The Pike Chronicles Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 20 May 2015
I have been reading scfi since the age of 8 so I suppose I have read all the great writers at some time or another. Unfortunately I find this book and its prequel banal and I would not recommend them to anybody who has read the likes of Dick, Asimov, Harrison, Bradbury, Wells with many more that could be named here.
The writing has either lost something during the conversion to a digital copy or the author wrote but then didn't proof read what he had written. The story line has a good theme with a good principle character but other characters pop up randomly to solve a problem that the author has created. The writing is simplistic, basic and sometimes confusing, they are hard books to read as the temptation to discard is sometimes overwhelming.

Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock
Offered by wantitcheaper

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Visually good in some scenes, Special effects well done, plot thin at best, accuracy none existent.... So very disappointed in what could have been an interesting film but turned to be all hype !!

For King and our country
For King and our country

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry tedious in the extreme., 1 Aug. 2014
Poor, repetitive and tedious which is sad really but by comparison to O'Brian, Vanner or Stockwin not in the same league.
I had to stop reading the book as it seems to be written for a younger audience where the books simplicity might well be appreciated.

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 3)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than either of the first two books, 16 Jun. 2014
This the third book in the series, in my opinion, is a cracking read, much better than the first two books, more human in many ways and will make an excellent third film if the film company can get anywhere near to replicating what I read here.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 2)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars its OK, 16 Jun. 2014
Again I don't think the second instalment requires a higher rating than OK, not quite as good as the first book

Page: 1 | 2