Profile for Anne Macdonald > Reviews

Content by Anne Macdonald

Anne Macdonald "Anne Frae Hamilton" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Lie
The Lie

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 6 July 2014
This review is from: The Lie (Kindle Edition)
I did not enjoy this book. I felt there was too much unnecessary poetry, and the book dived about all over the place. As for the ending....words fail me!!

Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars spellbinding, 20 Mar 2014
I really enjoyed this book and look forward to seeing the film. Hard to believe that slavery still exists in this country.

A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies
A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies

1.0 out of 5 stars boring!!!, 12 Jan 2014
Boring!!!! Too much detail . Uninteresting topics. Just plain boring and as a result will have to delete. Thank God I didn't pay good money for it!!

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Before I Go!, 2 Mar 2013
I came upon this book by accident, and glad I did! The book dives about......a lot..... but is an exceptionally good read. To be recommended.

The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy
The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy

4.0 out of 5 stars The Black House, 8 Nov 2012
I enjoyed this book although it did seem to jump about a bit. It painted a lovely picture of the islands and highlighted some of the difficulties that living in a remote spot presents. The story was entertaining and page turning.

Retractable indoor clothes washing line
Retractable indoor clothes washing line
Offered by Plumbtap

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be good!, 29 Sep 2012
I have used a similar product in the US and found it worked really well. The idea that it can tuck away when not being used is good, my only problem is......how long will it take "him indoors" to put it on the wall for me!!?

CITY BRAS Ultra comfort cotton overhead vest White bra - All sizes (46C)
CITY BRAS Ultra comfort cotton overhead vest White bra - All sizes (46C)
Offered by Elegance1234

5.0 out of 5 stars Too bad, 21 Aug 2012
The bras were very nice and well made. Too bad they did not suit and I had to return them but an excellent product for the money.

Hero on a Bicycle
Hero on a Bicycle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 21 Aug 2012
This review is from: Hero on a Bicycle (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book for my granddaughter as part of her birthday. I also bought the kindle version so have read it myself. It is a great story well written and gives an insight, I think, to the younger generation about what some people did and suffered during the war. My granddaughter (age 10) has now started reading it and told me only last evening how much she was enjoying the book. So different from Mallory Towers and Famous Five!!

The Diabetes Weight Loss Diet
The Diabetes Weight Loss Diet
by Antony Worrall Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Diabetes, 3 Jun 2012
Good book. Nice recipes - should prove very useful. With it's help hopefully it will assist in weight loss - fingers grossed!

The Felt Book
The Felt Book
by Clare Beaton

4.0 out of 5 stars Felt book, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Felt Book (Hardcover)
Book was for a gift for my daughter. I must admit while the book itself was in good condition the dust jacket was tatty so before I parted with the book I removed the jacket. Otherwise ok.

Page: 1 | 2