Profile for FLB > Reviews

Content by FLB
Top Reviewer Ranking: 335

FLB (England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Toni & Guy Nourish Reconstruction Mask - 200 ml
Toni & Guy Nourish Reconstruction Mask - 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush product, smells great and a great price, 27 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Oh my word - this product feels great and smells divine. I think it is a really good value hair care product and for £6.00 a large jar is something easily incorporated into a hair care regime.

I have very thick, coarse and naturally curly hair which I straighten every day, it needs looking after and I use a variety of anti frizz products. This product made my hair feel really smoothe and smelt gorgeous - I love it and expect that my hair will really benefit from regular use.

2 x Foxnovo ICR18650 3100mAh 3.7v 11.5Wh High Drain IC Protected 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries
Offered by FoxnovoStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Good priced batteries, 27 Mar. 2015
My husband wanted these batteries for a quadrocopter he has been working on and he says that these are really good and a good price for the quality.

It is a bit hard to review batteries - they either work or they don't - these work and are a reasonable price, so Hubby is happy.

Pixnor P2016 Portable 7-in-1 Facial Brush Body Cleansing System with 2 Speeds for Women&Men to Renew Skins with a Refreshed and Smooth Feel-Deeply Cleaning Skin - Natural Anti-aging - Microdermabrasion Cleanser Tool Kit - Exfoliating Dead Skin Cells - Stimulate Collagen - Beauty Care Massager Facial&Body Cleanser Powered by 2*AA battery(Rosy)
Offered by PixnorStore

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain priced item that actually works pretty well., 27 Mar. 2015
I was initially quite sceptical about this product. I use a leading brand face care product already that I really love and which feels very 'high end' and looks great. This came and to be honest felt a little plasticky and like a toy. I was impressed with the variety of attachments (my current brush only has 1) and the instructions were reasonable (but a bit annoying when you read that you are supposed to remove the batteries after each use).

I had a go with most of the attachments on the first attempt - I was still a bit dubious because the rotational speed was not as good as mine, BUT I have to say that it felt nice when I used it.

Don't make the same mistake I have just done and spent about 5 minutes trying out the majority of the attachments and I am now sat with a red sore face - I think you should limit each use to 15-20 seconds per half of your face and maybe only use 1 or 2 in any session?

I am however very impressed at how smooth my skin now feels having exfoliated it with the pink sander - I am sure once the redness goes I will have glowing skin.

For £80 less than my previous product I am actually really impressed!!

AZOLT Gaming Keyboard & Mouse - Designated 3 Selectable Keyboard's Backlight - DPI Governor - Spill Resistant! (Black)
Offered by Seitech

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool - kids loved it for gaming, 27 Mar. 2015
My kids think this keyboard / mouse is 'awesome' - they love the whole colour changing vibe that goes on when it is in use and I have to admit I think that is pretty cool too.

It was well boxed but there were no instructions (hence the loss of one star in the review) but the kids seem to be able to plug and play straight away.

It is quite a large item which is probably perfect for the function of gaming, but as my kids are now using this rather than the wireless Apple keyboard and mouse that came with the Mac I struggle with the aesthetics- everything looked so clean and minimal before and now we have......well.....wires!

To sum it up - kids love it, the light up function is cool but if you want sleek and minimal this is not for you.

SanDisk SDSDL-032G-G35 Ultra SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 30 MB/s Read - 32 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with a SanDisk card, 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received this card today and whilst trying to remove it from the packaging and negotiate with my kids who had just returned from school I managed to flick the card onto the floor and into the dog water bowl. I fished it out straight away within 2 seconds probably and shook it vigorously to get rid of any water before wrapping it in kitchen roll and leaving for half an hour.

I then put the card in my Nikon camera and took some photos to test it - dogs / kids / the garden and the photos were great, the card withstood the swift exposure to water and took high quality photographs - no bother.

I really like SanDisk products and use them a lot - this is good value and sturdy!

Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue
Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly good iron, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit that I rarely iron - it is my husband that does all the ironing in our house (so he can watch movies in peace at the same time!). We have always had a big steam generator iron which is fantastic, but it is a bit of a bind getting it out and set up when you only want to iron 1 shirt, so thought I would treat him to a compact 'emergency use' iron and ordered this.

It is simple to use, very lightweight compared to our other huge iron and it does the job perfectly well.....my only negative would be that it might not be brilliant for large scale ironing because the water tank runs out quickly - BUT we have been spoilt with our other one so perhaps that is not a fair comparison.

Sigel Conceptum A5 Notebook - Brown
Sigel Conceptum A5 Notebook - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Another top quality notebook by Sigel, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love a good notebook, there is just something really nice about starting a new notebook! I have only recently discovered Sigel notepads and am so pleased that I have because they are excellent quality. This one not only looks super but it feels really nice and is a lovely size. As with my other two larger Sigel notebooks this has lined and numbered pages, two marker ribbons, an index, a pen loop and some pockets front and rear to keep things in.

I am going to use it to plan a forthcoming holiday and as a journal when I am there.

Well worth the money and a superior item......I would love to have them all!

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, less than ten minutes., 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mr FLB is the gadget man in our house so this is down to him mainly. we've had bluetooth speakers in the house, the garden and the caravan. the only downer is that you can only play music that is already stored on your iPhone etc.
I was suprised at the size and weight of this speaker. Its about the half the size of our microwave. That being said it looks and feels well built and a quality piece of equipment. Mr FLB had it out of it's box and set up in no time. he was soon telling me how it could stream music from a phone, iPad or the Mac itself.
Our twelve year old twin girls love the fact that it will stream Spotify and are now begging for a premium account.

its not cheap but it sounds great, in app there is a graphic equaliser. The app is free to download and fairly intuitive. At full volume there seems to be little or no distortion and for the first time ever the kids were asking us to turn it dow, not the other way around!

Chinese Puzzle
Chinese Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars A riveting read, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Chinese Puzzle (Kindle Edition)
This book really is a Chinese puzzle, albeit set in Somalia and greater Africa. It's story of the race to develop a vaccine to counteract a particularly virulent and drug resistant strain of malaria. Set amid the backdrop of civil war in Africa and mercenary forces, financed by unscrupulous drugs companies, who are intent on protecting the potentially vast profits to be made, in developing a vaccine, it is truly a riveting book from start to finish.

The two main researches Kate Mackenzie and Rashta Green, who have a past history together, are both embroiled in their own personal conflicts, as well as racing to find a vaccine to counteract the virus. They have no idea of the danger and fear that is coming. The reader can't help but get involved in the political, medical and financial race to a solution, the heat of Africa, impending civil war, the smell of the flooded lowlands, and yes, the buzzing of the flies. Maybe a sting on your arm!!!

MONTAR Universal Car Mount For Smartphones GPS One Hand 360 Rotation Best Holder Cradle Windshield Dashboard For iPhone 5/5S/6/6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S4/S5/S6/S6 Edge Note 3/4 HTC ONE M8/M9 Sony Xperia Z3/Z4/Z3 Compact
Offered by Go4More ( VAT Registered )

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, one that works!!!!!, 22 Mar. 2015
I spend a lot of time travelling and have lots of hire cars through work, usually one a week so I need a mount that will hold my phone in place. I've had many overpriced pieces of cr@p over the years and was a little dissapointed when this one arrived to see it had a clear plastic removable cover on the suction pad, 'it's a one use thing' I wailed to my wife, 'what use is this to me?' how wrong I was. The cover is just to protect the pad from getting dirty in transit and packaging by the looks of it.

I've had the holder in four cars already with various types of dashboards, including one leather one. it stichs to all surfaces, glass, plastic and leather without leaving any residue. I've tried to pull it off, knock it off and bump it off. nothing seems to move it.

I feel more than happy now leaving my six hundred quid smartphone sat in my car now whilst I drive all over the place.

At last I have my full set up for the hire car now, bluetooth converter and now this beauty, its a pity I retire in six months now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20