Profile for FLB > Reviews

Content by FLB
Top Reviewer Ranking: 204

FLB (England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Price: 23.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Could do with being ribbed for greater performance, 3 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my husbands first DE razor, as he has only just started shaving in the 'traditional' way - which he is finding is like a relaxing morning ritual.

This razor is really lovely to look at and feels lovely, his only complaint is that without any 'ribbing' on the shaft, it can slip in his hands too easily (no double entendre intended!)

To go with this I ordered him some Astra blades, which at 9.50 for 100 AND came with shaving cream, was an absolute bargain!

He says it gives a lovely shave but you have to take care not to let it slip in your hand.

I may have a go with it myself but it looks a bit scary to me.

Oral-B Pro 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Price: 43.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product from Braun for sparkly whites., 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have owned a number of electric toothbrushes, from different suppliers and I would say that this one is a mid performance model, it does not come with a timer display or a travel pouch - neither of which are essential, but I find the timer display particularly useful for children, to give them guidance on effective teeth cleaning.

The action of the toothbrush is good, just what you expect from Braun and my teeth felt lovely after cleaning. Being able to buy different heads for the brush is good and I like it that the heads that fit this model also fit my other toothbrush, so I do not have to buy different ones for different brushes.

All in all a good brush, worth the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2014 2:16 AM BST

Duronic RCD008/RD Portable Compact Boombox CD Player with FM Radio -Red
Duronic RCD008/RD Portable Compact Boombox CD Player with FM Radio -Red
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price with mid range performance, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a compact little CD player / radio at a good price. I think that it is easy to get spoilt with top end audio products these days, so anything that is not crystal clear can dissapoint. I found that the sound was better from the radio than the CD function and the CD did stutter/skip infrequently which was annoying.

It is a good product for a kids room, or an inexpensive gift, but I do not think the sound quality is good enough to replace any of my existing sound systems.

Worlds Best Cat Litter Bag Clumping Formula 12.7 Kg
Worlds Best Cat Litter Bag Clumping Formula 12.7 Kg
Price: 29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If I was a cat I would want this litter!, 8 July 2014
This is indeed the best cat litter I have ever used (well, not me personally). It clumps far better than any other I have bought, makes less mess, is very long lasting, there is no need to empty the tray, just keep it topped up.

The only downside for me is that it makes 'deposits' of the number 2 variety even more appealing to my Jack Russell dogs, who now seem to like it even more as the 'deposits' are slightly crumbed in the 100% corn powder, thus making lovely little cat poo fritters.

Now when said cats drop a bomb, I have to race the dogs to the litter box so I can empty it before they do.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 5:41 PM BST

3 Swords - 8 Piece Manicure & Pedicure Case, made of high quality Synthetic leather, Quality: "3 swords" quality
Offered by Three Swords - !!! LINK TO FEEDBACK !!!
Price: 7.80

4.0 out of 5 stars How to tame your husband, 8 July 2014
My husband has somehow transformed from a hunky specimen of mankind into some snoring sloth who is sprouting hair in unusual places and growing his toenails quicker than his hair is dropping out.

So this was a gift for his 50th birthday and apart from being impressed by the quality of the kit, I have been equally unimpressed that he has not yet found the desire to actually use it to do some manscaping.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 5:27 PM BST

7lbs in 7 Days: The Juice Master Diet
7lbs in 7 Days: The Juice Master Diet
by Jason Vale
Price: 5.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Science good, practice bad, 8 July 2014
This book whilst I am sure would work if you had the willpower of David Blaine, is so hardcore it would be easier to go and get yourself juiced than to live on nothing but juice for 7 days.

Couldn't do it / didn't want to do it because I would need to take a portaloo with me everywhere if I did!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2014 10:37 AM BST

Silver Reflective Window Film (Solar Control & Privacy Tint - One Way Mirror / Mirrored Glass) (100cm x 1 metres)
Offered by Luxico
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Safe from aliens and spies now., 8 July 2014
I was becoming increasingly worried about alien invasions and MI5 being able to read my thoughts and was going to wrap my head in tinfoil. Then I realised that my plan was faulty as the aliens would still be able to SEE me even if they could not read my mind......so, slightly re-hashed my plan and put mirrored foil on my windows, thus preventing mind reading AND no one can see me!

Genius!

My privacy is also protected against the nosey kids across the street peering in whilst they play outside my house.....how I do wish the aliens would come and zap them up.

Good product, does the job. Nannoo Nannoo

Waring WTK17RU Traditional Kettle, 1.7 Litre, Red
Waring WTK17RU Traditional Kettle, 1.7 Litre, Red
Price: 59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab and a lovely red, 26 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this kettle to replace one that had gotten completely encrusted with limescale in our Grandad annexe.

It was not a make I had before, but it looked similar to a previous kettle and it matched the colour scheme in the kitchen, so I ordered it. It is really quiet in operation and boils really fast. It feels sturdy and looks great, so very pleased with the order.....Grandad likes it too.....particularly the colour!

Waring WTK17CU Traditional Polished Kettle Polished Stainless Steel, 1.7 Litre
Waring WTK17CU Traditional Polished Kettle Polished Stainless Steel, 1.7 Litre
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store
Price: 60.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely - fast and quiet., 26 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this kettle to replace one that had gotten completely encrusted with limescale.

It was not a make I had before, but it looked similar to a previous kettle so I ordered it. mIt is really quiet in operation and boils really fast. It feels sturdy and looks great, so very pleased with the order.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 3:08 PM BST

ChapStick Original and Strawberry Tent Card - Pack of 10
ChapStick Original and Strawberry Tent Card - Pack of 10
Price: 10.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Lip smackingly good value, 12 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My kids seem to eat lip balm, they go through them really fast.....leave them in their washing, lose them at school or drop them for the dogs to run off with, so I think this pack is a great idea and great value.

They both taste nice and leave your lips soft and soothed.....just what you need and when you get this many you are never far away from the last one you lost, forgot, can't find!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20