Profile for Valerie Ann Weston > Reviews

Content by Valerie Ann Weston

Valerie Ann Weston (Terrassa Sapin)

Doctor Who - The Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2005] [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billie Piper
Price: 16.22

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for my nephew, 14 Jan 2014
My daughter was around 11 years old when we watched this series on TV and we have beeen Doctor Who fans since then. I thought it an ideal present for my 10 year old nephew hoping that he would enjoy the series as much as we did. I saw the very first episode of Dr Who broadcast in 1963 so I have obviously beena fan for a very long time.

The Decline And Fall Of The British Empire
The Decline And Fall Of The British Empire
by Dr Piers Brendon
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fascinating Book, 14 Jan 2014
I bought this book originally for my father and when I began to read it I found the whole subject fascinating. I did not realise that much of my chidhood for good and bad had been shaped by the role of the British Empire in world affairs. In the final chapters I came across names of countries and people who had been part of news bulletins when I was a young girl and i relaised that I unwittingly formed part of this vast story.

Lonely Planet New England (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet New England (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected from a Lonely Planet Guide, 17 April 2012
I looked through the selection of guides on New England, a couple looked interesting but in the end it came down to Lonely Planet - I know I'll get great information. We've already thumbed through the guide lots of times and it's still 4 months before we make the trip. This guide has given me lots of information, helped plan the route and whet the appetite for a great trip. It also looks good on the bookshelf along with other Lonely planet guides collected over nearly 20 years. Keep up the good work Lonely Planet.

Gibsons Puzzle - Sunset on Lamplight Lane (1000 pieces)
Gibsons Puzzle - Sunset on Lamplight Lane (1000 pieces)

4.0 out of 5 stars Puzzles lovers will enjoy this, 10 Mar 2010
This is a good puzzle for anyone over the age of 12. It's a pretty picture, a little tricky sometimes but with just enough challenge to keep you looking for one more piece. I will definitely remember Gibson's puzzles and hope to order more in the future.