Profile for Malia Nash > Reviews

Content by Malia Nash

Malia Nash "Malia Nash" (Hawaii)

Plan Toys 9424 Punch And Drop
Plan Toys 9424 Punch And Drop
Offered by Great Gizmos Ltd
Price: 22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 28 Oct 2010
This was a gift and a perfect one for the toddler wanting to bash something that won't break

The Spook's Sacrifice: Book 6 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
The Spook's Sacrifice: Book 6 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
by Joseph Delaney

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 July 2009
First off, I am such a huge fan that I ordered thru UK rather than wait months for it to come to the USA. Unfortunately, I that found this book disturbing--and not in a good way. (Yes, I STILL gave it 3 stars). The story telling was great and I love the way Delaney creates a "chicken skin" type atmosphere...very nice.

But the first rule of writing is to make your characters "sins" forgivable...and I found it hard (and near impossible) to forgive Mam's sins. I know, it makes Alice and Tom perfectly suited but there are some sins of the "father" and in this case "mother" that can't help but leave a stain on the children. Now I'm not so sure how much I like either character.

I also found myself wanting to fast forward to the end of the book because unlike his other books where each page was an adventure and a scary kind of wonder to God-knows-where, in this book, we all knew about the big battle at the end and the only question was how it was going to unfold.

It appears there will be another book...let us hope that Delaney gives the reader a real reason to continue to root for Tom and Alice.