Profile for Jock Nines > Reviews

Content by Jock Nines

Jock Nines "Jock" (Somerset)

Toshiba 32GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD CLASS 10 UHS-I 32 GB
Toshiba 32GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD CLASS 10 UHS-I 32 GB
Offered by Sunwood-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in my Android Tablet, 19 Nov 2013
The cheapest class 10 card I could find and being from a major brand was a bonus. Popped it into my Android tablet and away I went.

TBS PCI-E DVB-T2 Dual TV Tuner Card High Definition Digital Free to Air Tuner (DVB-T/DVB-T2) Receiver - TBS6280
Offered by ARC UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play, 13 May 2013
Bought this for its DVB-T2 capabilities.
Installed the card; downloaded and installed the latest drivers; Windows Media Center found it automatically. It was as easy as that (which makes a pleasant change). What more could you want, years of trouble free use would be good.
I can't comment on the controller or software that come with it as I didn't, and will probably never, use them.

Neewer 3.5mm Mono Earphone Headphone Headset for Handsfree
Neewer 3.5mm Mono Earphone Headphone Headset for Handsfree
Offered by GLOBALOMOUK (Ships from HK 11-18 Business Days Delivery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for runners., 21 Nov 2012
The best mono earphone I've found to use while out running. I only listen to speech (talking books and the like) so can't comment on what it is like to listen to music. Frankly, when you're are running if your music sounds good you are probably at risk of being run over by the next car that comes along! Being in ear it is away from the wind and rain and stays put in my, I think, average size ear. I just ordered two more to have in reserve.

Edit: I've had two fail, one only survived a few weeks use. But, they are cheap so what can you expect?

Pocket Mono Earphone With 3' Lead
Pocket Mono Earphone With 3' Lead
Offered by T2 Enterprises Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish, 28 July 2012
I'd have preferred to give this ZERO STARS as it is hopelessly bad (reminded me of those terrible earplugs that came with transistor radios back in early 70's) and it made me feel guilty about throwing it away. There are much better alternatives on Amazon for not much more cash.

Verbatim 49063 16GB PinStripe USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
Verbatim 49063 16GB PinStripe USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
Offered by dealsassured

3.0 out of 5 stars Sliding cover, not a cap., 28 July 2012
In case you were wondering, the body slides to cover the connector and so still leaves the end exposed. I interpreted the picture to be of a cap the can be clipped on either end of the body, this is not the case. If I'd know that I'd have bought another model.

De'Longhi ICM2B Filter Coffee Maker, 10 Cup
De'Longhi ICM2B Filter Coffee Maker, 10 Cup

3.0 out of 5 stars De'Longhi, you've got to do something about the plastic., 25 Sep 2010
There is no getting away from it, De'Longhi have a problem with the plastic they are using. Not only are there reviews here that mention it (some say it has been fixed - it is not) but it appears that other coffee makers in their range are suffering from similar problems.
The fix is to run a 50:50 mix of white vinegar and water through the machine. Stop it after a few cups have come through and leave it for a hour or so then switch it back on to finish. I did this twice and then rinsed it through with plain water a couple of times. It now makes a decent cup of filter coffee (hence the 3 stars for OK) but that is a lot of hassle I could have done without).

D-Link DSL-320B ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem - UK
D-Link DSL-320B ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem - UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight forward ADSL Ethernet Modem, 14 May 2010
Easy to set up - only took a few minutes. Using it with a Belkin N+ Wireless Cable/DSL Internet Gateway Router. Trouble free so far.

Creative Labs EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones – Black (Eco Packaging)
Creative Labs EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones – Black (Eco Packaging)
Offered by Genie Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Trains, Planes and Formula 1, 7 July 2008
I bought a set of these some time ago and have been very impressed with them. I've used them on aeroplanes, in trains and yesterday at the British Formula 1 Grand Prix. At the Grand Prix they were fantastic - I've tried many different ear and head phones at the Grand Prix over the years but this was the first time I heard the entire radio commentary over the noise of the cars. If mine died, I'd buy the same again without hesitation.