Profile for Rocknrollmommy > Reviews

Rocknrollmommy (Milan, Italy)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Essential Hall & Oates
Essential Hall & Oates

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars for those two or thress master pieces on this CD, 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: Essential Hall & Oates (Audio CD)
She's Gone, Rich Girl and I Can't Go For That are the main reasons I had to add this to my vast CD collection, but there are several other tracks which made Hall & Oates so famous in the seventies and eighties. To be honest there are also other tracks that I have to change the minute they start, such as Maneater which I find terribly repetitive, and the same goes for the "oh yeah, oh yeah" in adult education, but all in all the good outweighs the not so good (obviously not so good in my opinion), therefore I'm quite happy with my purchase.

The Woody Allen Collection [DVD] (1971)
The Woody Allen Collection [DVD] (1971)
Dvd ~ Woody Allen
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars So far sooo good, 19 Sep 2012
I just purchased this box and have managed to see only four of the 20 films and have laughed my way through every one of them except Bananas, which I found annoying and a waste of my time, I'm sure it'll be the only one I'll feel like this about, because the other ones had a totally different effect on me. Very, very clever entertainment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2013 3:55 AM GMT

The Attic - The Hiding Of Anne Frank [1987] [DVD]
The Attic - The Hiding Of Anne Frank [1987] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mary Steenburgen

4.0 out of 5 stars A gentle way to illustrate such a horrible fate, 27 Feb 2012
Since my daughter was asked to view a film on Anne Frank as an introduction to studies of WW2 in Elementary, which she does not by any means have any easy time with since it deeply effects her feelings, I had to choose carefully. I must say that this dve tells the tragic tale truthfully but doesn't have any horrific scenes that would be too much for a child, of course their are some upsetting and very sad scenes due what the poor Jewish people had to go through. I would recommend this for those that have to keep childrens viewing in mind.

Dora The Explorer: Pirate Adventure [DVD]
Dora The Explorer: Pirate Adventure [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars so-so, 27 Feb 2012
My children quite enjoy Dora the Explorer but for some reason this one didn't quite hold their attention. In all honesty I didn't sit through it from start to finish which is quite normal since I'm so busy, however I say let kids be the judges. All I can say is they never asked to see it more than once, on the other hand our other Dora dvds have been played loads of times and always at their request.

Capital Gold Legends Vol.2
Capital Gold Legends Vol.2
Offered by Giant Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price!, 27 Feb 2012
Two CDs packed with a huge array of great classics. The nice thing about this volume is that it covers different periods ranging from the late sixties to the early eighties, definitley worth the money.

These Eyes & More: the Best of
These Eyes & More: the Best of

4.0 out of 5 stars Undun rules on this one, 27 Feb 2012
I just love,love,love Undun and it is the main reason for my purchase, however this CD has a lot to say for itself, of course you have These Eyes, American Woman etc., but I can honestly say I like at least six other tracks and that's a huge number considering that I mainly bought it for about only three or four! I'm very satisfied with this choice and would highly recommend it to anyone who collects "real" music which we get verly little of these days.

A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian
A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian
by Marina Lewycka

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it a 3.5, 27 Feb 2012
Quite a good read, but not exactly a four. I found this entertaining and at the same time nerve-racking, not due to the author's writing, nor the story, but to one manipulating character that I grew to strongly dislike. I guess that may make a book a more engrossing, when you have strong feelings regarding one or more of the characters, but I quickly got tired of her behaviour and persona. The descriptions of the characters and the episodes were highly vivid and even pretty humorous at times. My "problem" with A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian was that the last quarter of the book seemed to drag on, or perhaps I had had more than enough of that certain obnoxious character and was anxious to see the back of her, and as a result of this book itself, which was actually not bad at all.

Christmas Children's Favourites [2003] [DVD]
Christmas Children's Favourites [2003] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Children's Favourites

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice variety of Christmas episodes, 25 July 2011
Nice variety of episodes, I was quite happy with this purchase. It's also nice to be able to set the DVD so it can play continuously, let's say while you're busy baking Christmas cookies, you can let it run the way it's set from beginning to end, you can also play epidsodes randomly or just choose the one you're interested in.

The Wiggles - Wiggly Safari [DVD]
The Wiggles - Wiggly Safari [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Wiggles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great catchy songs, 25 July 2011
Great energetic songs you find yourself singing and dancing too along with the kids, even from the kitchen. This DVD also shows different animals gives children information about them and their habitats etc. Overall a nice Wiggles DVD we don't tire of seeing (or hearing).

The Brady Bunch - Season 1 [DVD]
The Brady Bunch - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Florence Henderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Grrreat!, 25 July 2011
I loved them as a child, my children love them now. We see the same episodes over and over and still enjoy them. They also teach good values, manners and everyday lessons which make kids reflect. I love anything clean-cut for kids just wish the real world was so clean cut too, which would be the only downfall as sometimes you find yourself explaining that people used to do this and that. But then again it can't hurt for them to view something positive and give it a try.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4