Profile for random reviewer > Reviews

Nikon EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
Nikon EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
Price: 37.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted Two Days, 28 May 2014
I use this with my D5200. Took the camera to Italy recently, day 1 to Pompeii and Ercolano, day 2 to Capri.The days were sunny so much to shoot and video, almost 400 large fine photos. Unlike the battery that comes with D5200 that seems to exhaust only after couple of hours, only at the end of day 2 EN-EL14a started to flash red.

Great buy, rather than having another EN-EL14 battery just 5 cheaper.

Sony MDRNC200D.CE7 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Sony MDRNC200D.CE7 Noise Cancelling Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Will be great if AI noise cancellation does work, 12 Mar 2014
This promises 98% reduction, sounds great! So I connected it to my mp3 player, pointed it to the source of noise a bunch of inconsiderate blabber mouths at work, press AI button, twice blink, and there it went.
Except that after several seconds the blink came back with a continuous hissing until I pressed AI again. And the cycle continuous.

I gave up, use my old MDR-NC60 over-ear 85% on the same mp3 player which still does the job. No idea why Sony discontinued this product.

Arabic Through the Qur'an (Islamic Texts Society)
Arabic Through the Qur'an (Islamic Texts Society)
by Alan Jones
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Grammar, Vocabulary and Examples., 25 Oct 2013
I have learned some languages in the past, namely Japanese and French. A casual learner, but I always go for the grammar side instead of memorizing vocabulary. This Arabic Through the Qur'an is an excellent one. It is very clear on grammar, but it also gives vocabulary. However the most important thing is the examples were taken from the Qur'an, from verses that some are already very well-known.

True, I do skip some part too deep in grammar such as derivative word, but this book is a joy to read during my commuting hours. But, it may happen that I'm cheating a little bit here since my mother tongue is Indonesian and many Arabic words are the same as Indonesian ones.

Pyrex Rectangular Dish with Plastic Lid, 4.0L
Pyrex Rectangular Dish with Plastic Lid, 4.0L
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi Use Pyrex, 6 Oct 2013
Excellent, just the right size to store my fish soup from a 28 cm wok. I have used smaller 1.5L size to cook creme caramel, plan to use this as the container for water on my next creme caramel cooking.
The Amazon price is however a bit stiff. Got this from Asda for 8.

Diva Professional Styling extra large Diffuser
Diva Professional Styling extra large Diffuser
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Universal for 4.2 cm to 5.3 cm outer diameter hairdryer...., 23 Jun 2012
Or so I thought...

My first hairdryer has outer diameter of 5.4 cm and it does not fit! My second one (Remington Pearl Dryer 2200W) has 4.4 cm and it does fit. Put some mousse on my hair and it revives my perm curl.

The picture of this product does not provide the inner diameter. With all of its fingers and rubber, I reckon the maximum outer diameter of hairdryer that can fit is 5.3 cm.

Don't push it too hard, the "fingers" inside the diffuser are not really sturdy. My curiousity has left me breaking three of them. Still hold tho'

Powerball Neon White Pro Signature
Powerball Neon White Pro Signature
Offered by Saverschoice UK
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and Quiet Enough To Train In Train, 21 April 2012
This powerball is small and quiet enough to use when commuting in train or bus, while sitting I mean. "Train in Train", it's called. When the train speeds up, speed your rotation as the noise from the train hides the increasing noise from powerball!

I notice those time-killing exercise actually does work. Lazy me have never tried to learn correct tactic in badminton, but since exercising with this powerball, I start to hit the suttlecock with better accuracy and power.

Minus point: It is not as addictive as badminton though! :)

Battery for O2 XDA Mini S and others
Battery for O2 XDA Mini S and others
Offered by UK Battery
Price: 7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Another life for my phone, 15 Oct 2011
Yes, there are people who use phone only to call, SMS, note-down appointment, store image of map and photos... and that's the function of my old Qtek 9100 phone. Chunky with fat battery, but it has survived many crash. Thus, I didn't give up when it couldn't be turned on, and light not flashing upon charging. Order this replacement battery, even without charging it first, the phone is back to life.
I save

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 17 April 2010
It arrived quickly, and easy to assemble. We have it outside for 2 weeks now, no problem, no rain so far (btw, that's amazing for London not having rain!). Cannot comment about rust yet, but we plan to buy cover, just in case. Or at least a weather-durable paint.

Object-Oriented Systems Analysis and Design Using UML
Object-Oriented Systems Analysis and Design Using UML
by Simon Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't just buy this book alone..., 9 Sep 2007
Arm yourself with other well-known books, like Pressman's Software Engineering, and ofc, The Unified Modelling Language User Guide by Booch Jacobson Rumbaugh.

If you just have this book at hand, you'd likely be lost in the words. Many explanations actually can be shortened without over-crowded analogy. Refer to main books if you think you're lost.

The two case studies are definitely good. I can position myself as one of the analyst/designer. Real user experience (you know sometimes how we - software engineers - think to educate user). Believe it or not, the latest version of Pressman's Software Engineering book also includes conversation box to explain things.

Good though, but really, shouldn't be that expensive (Same price as each of the two main books mentioned above). Surprisingly, Amazon always has this in stock. The last time I went to Foyle Charring-Cross, I also saw them stocking 4-5 books on the rack. Well, what do I know...?

Home Food: All Your Favourites With a Twist
Home Food: All Your Favourites With a Twist
by Murdoch Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a complete book, 7 Dec 2005
I bought this book sometime in Nov '03, just a month after it was firstly published at Australia. I'm an Indonesian, so much of my cooking knowledge is on spicy food, and some ingredients in this book are hard to find at Asia. I'm not saying most, just a little bit. I can make use of potato cake recipe (which then become my favourite), banana fritter (such a good idea to combine it with ice cream, palm sugar, etc), brownie, caramel (love it!), and so much more.

They're all look delicious and easy to make! From breakfast, main course, and dessert.

But then I moved to UK, I am very pleased to have this book. I have almost all ingredients in there. Soon I bought all other books in this chunk series. Recommended!