Profile for David Cox > Reviews

Content by David Cox

David Cox "customer X" (Bristol UK)

Kiam KA54 52cc Petrol Earth Auger Post Hole Borer (3 Drill Bits & Extension) 2 stroke. ON SALE
Offered by Equipmart Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiam?...... Err....it's good, 1 April 2015
I wasn't sure about this product, (Kiam never heard of them) but it has been performing better than expected. I have put in 50 2.1m 4inch dia posts 90cm into ground and it handled this well. Two 6inch square gate posts fine. One 7inch post with a hole that took it right up to the engine with the extension pole on so about 1m deep. It got stuck.... Managed to get it out but a reverse would have been helpful. Now using it to help me create holes all over the place. Good for starting off a hole for trees. The topsoil on my site is sort of clayey but not too heavy and not much stone until you get to subsoil about 30-50cms down. Then it is this heavy clay with flints in it. It require 2 stroke fuel and they give you a handy bottle to mix it...unleaded to oil at 25:1.
I am very pleased with the auger and if you are using it for the type of work I have been doing I would recommend it.

Solar Greenhouse Book
Solar Greenhouse Book
by James C. McCullagh

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Solar Greenhouse Book (Hardcover)
This is an interesting book although very old (1980's). It was in good condition and delivered quickly. If you are into the science behind solar greenhouses this is for you (quite technical) although most of the measurements are Imperial and it deals with the latitiudes of the continental United States. Nevertheless I'm sure it will have some use for me as I want to build a passive and maybe an active solar greenhouse someday soon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 28 Feb. 2013
The cable works with my ipad mini. No problems what so ever. very convenient having 3m instead of a poxy 1m cable.

Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms
by Paul Stamets

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough overview with plenty of details. Excellent, 29 Jan. 2012
This book provides the novice (ie me) with everything I could possibly need to start out in mushroom growing. But also deals with the commercial end of mushroom farming as well. It details different techniques of spore innoculation, substrate sterilisation, growing media and environments. The second half details the specific requirements for individual mushrooms with 3 or 4 pages on each. It also appendices for building your own myco lab and grow chambers.
I am really pleased I got this book.
Some of the photographs look a bit out of date however, but don't let that put you off.

Lavazza Caffe Qualita Rossa Coffee 250 g (Pack of 6)
Lavazza Caffe Qualita Rossa Coffee 250 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Sarahs Coffee Company

5.0 out of 5 stars The coffee I like at £1.50 cheaper a pack, 25 Sept. 2011
I saw this offer and thought what is the catch? Surprise surprise there is no catch. It is exactly the same as the coffee I buy. It has a use by date sometime in 2014. Delivered earlier than stated. I bought 24 bags. What a bargain.

"SpongeBob SquarePants" Annual 2010
"SpongeBob SquarePants" Annual 2010
by Unnamed

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad packaging lets down prompt delivery, 1 Dec. 2009
Book arrived, the first from that order. Unfortunately bubble wrap did not enclosed the product. The spine had recieved a few small knocks which I tried to make good. I cannot be bothered to send this back as it will involve the kind of hassle I was trying to avoid by shopping online.

Disappointed.

NETGEAR FS108UK - Unmanaged Switch - 8 ports - EN, Fast EN - 10Base-T, 100Base-TX external
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear networking a lot easier than I thought., 1 Dec. 2009
I got a netgear because I have had 50Mb Broadband installed by virgin media and wanted to take a cat 5 cable from their NETGEAR hub box they provided, to this Netgear FS108 and distribute to a wired network to a number of computers. I plugged it in and after switching one or two boxes off and on it started working fine.

That's it. I 've never had to bother with it again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like a really short beard/stubble this is the one., 27 Mar. 2009
Having had a number of facial trimming products, this one has been the best. It has a strong motor and will trim really close. Fantastic. 2 year warranty Would buy another in the future.

It is now the year 2013, a dystopian future, but still my trusty beard trimmer faithfully accompanies me through the wastelands of the banking meltdown......