Profile for David Cox > Reviews

Content by David Cox

David Cox "customer X" (Bristol UK)

Solar Greenhouse Book
Solar Greenhouse Book
by James C. McCullagh

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Solar Greenhouse Book (Hardcover)
This is an interesting book although very old (1980's). It was in good condition and delivered quickly. If you are into the science behind solar greenhouses this is for you (quite technical) although most of the measurements are Imperial and it deals with the latitiudes of the continental United States. Nevertheless I'm sure it will have some use for me as I want to build a passive and maybe an active solar greenhouse someday soon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 28 Feb 2013
The cable works with my ipad mini. No problems what so ever. very convenient having 3m instead of a poxy 1m cable.

Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms
by Paul Stamets
Price: 38.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough overview with plenty of details. Excellent, 29 Jan 2012
This book provides the novice (ie me) with everything I could possibly need to start out in mushroom growing. But also deals with the commercial end of mushroom farming as well. It details different techniques of spore innoculation, substrate sterilisation, growing media and environments. The second half details the specific requirements for individual mushrooms with 3 or 4 pages on each. It also appendices for building your own myco lab and grow chambers.
I am really pleased I got this book.
Some of the photographs look a bit out of date however, but don't let that put you off.

Lavazza Caffe Qualita Rossa Coffee 250 g (Pack of 6)
Lavazza Caffe Qualita Rossa Coffee 250 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Sarahs Coffee Company
Price: 22.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The coffee I like at 1.50 cheaper a pack, 25 Sep 2011
I saw this offer and thought what is the catch? Surprise surprise there is no catch. It is exactly the same as the coffee I buy. It has a use by date sometime in 2014. Delivered earlier than stated. I bought 24 bags. What a bargain.

"SpongeBob SquarePants" Annual 2010
"SpongeBob SquarePants" Annual 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad packaging lets down prompt delivery, 1 Dec 2009
Book arrived, the first from that order. Unfortunately bubble wrap did not enclosed the product. The spine had recieved a few small knocks which I tried to make good. I cannot be bothered to send this back as it will involve the kind of hassle I was trying to avoid by shopping online.

Disappointed.

Netgear FS108 - Unmanaged Switch - 8 ports - EN, Fast EN - 10Base-T, 100Base-TX external
Price: 17.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear networking a lot easier than I thought., 1 Dec 2009
I got a netgear because I have had 50Mb Broadband installed by virgin media and wanted to take a cat 5 cable from their NETGEAR hub box they provided, to this Netgear FS108 and distribute to a wired network to a number of computers. I plugged it in and after switching one or two boxes off and on it started working fine.

That's it. I 've never had to bother with it again.

Remington MB320C Barba Beard Trimmer
Remington MB320C Barba Beard Trimmer
Price: 21.65

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like a really short beard/stubble this is the one., 27 Mar 2009
Having had a number of facial trimming products, this one has been the best. It has a strong motor and will trim really close. Fantastic. 2 year warranty Would buy another in the future.

It is now the year 2013, a dystopian future, but still my trusty beard trimmer faithfully accompanies me through the wastelands of the banking meltdown......